Some 2 weeks after last patch and this is all thats fixed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wizdons, Dec 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silv Augur

The test patch notes just released suggest otherwise- they were just working on TLP stuff (again).
  2. kizant Augur

Oh good more TLP nonsense.
  3. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Then they should have done that two weeks of work... back when it was being beta'd

When the player base that was testing the product was saying "hey, this is broken, don't push it live yet, it's not ready"

The recent holidays aren't an excuse.
    Warpeace likes this.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Nice try, but he wasn't complaining about releasing broken content, he was complaining about the lack of fixes in the patch that they had 2 weeks to put together, completely ignoring the fact that the US just had a holiday which many people extend to a full week and the devs have other things going on. A completely unfair attack on the devs.
  5. Nolrog Augur

Yeah how dare they spend time on things that are going to increase subscriptions and revenue to the company.
  6. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Are you suggesting, that the people not on TLP aren't paying, or contributing? and haven't done so for many many years?
    Zeiss and Mayfaire like this.
  7. Insanekitty Lorekeeper

Last i checked blizzard and other MMO's outsourced most of their holiday issues so there was no downtime and have 1 man on the job to verify things are going smoothly on a limited basis. What you really think these ppl have an hourly paid job , its salary based and guess what happens when u form a new company .. 2 weeks max vacation per yr depending on where the IPO is based for the first year. Although knowing daybroke they gave themselves all fancy contracts with their preexisting contractual agreements when they were with SOE. can u say hack job try it a few times its fun.

As for the blatant ignorance of the devs from countless personal pms regarding issues that date back to june , there is no excuse. Do your job or you're fired imo , there is always someone else who can do the job cheaper or better or both. We all know they lied about their passion for the game in the TBM preview video.

Sadly we are dealing with individuals that do not know how to manage IT projects and have no project management training. i would love to see a PMP IT certified dev show their face.

IK was here
  8. Galarian Elder

Yeah, how dare they cater to hundreds, maybe thousands (probably not) that JUST spent $35-130 on their buggy, incomplete, borderline broken expansion and help iron out the big problems right away (which btw, that expansion increased subscriptions and revenue to the company). Lets just dump this on the playerbase that have been helping to pay for these regression servers and go tend to another regression server that just had to be rushed out before the end of the year, right after an expansion launch.

OH THE NERVE.
    Iila, Geri_Petrovna and Mayfaire like this.
  9. Wizdons Augur

its always the excuse.. Though problem is now that they are primarily focus on TLP... spit on live.. You know after TLP is all dried up again as it always does.. us live folks will still remember how we have been treated..

on another note. Because of holidays. no expansions should be released later than October 1st. And no TLP server should be freaking launched around the same time as an expansion. What kind of bone head decided to do that anyway?

Half ars expansion and half ars TLP is all you gona get.
  10. DruidCT Augur

Oh god, that's all they need. Not. But experienced project management wouldn't hurt. These issues really weren't that hard to predict. A lot can be solved and forgiven with good community communication as well.

Don't blame the devs, I am sure they are working on something. Also I would bet their vacation agreements carried over from SOE so they probably could take the whole of Thanksgiving week off. Who you can blame is their project manager and whoever makes decisions on product release. They can declare a release date and stick to it all they want, that doesn't mean the software can be made ready by that time. The devs are being given priorities by their managers and if something simple isn't being fixed its because 1) its not as simple as it appears, 2) they were told they have to work on something else. It *probably* isn't a malicious disregard for the players on behalf of the devs. The problem is their manager's failure to manage expectations and/or release schedule (depending on how those responsibilities are divided).

On the other hand if it was done right the expac would still be in development and we wouldn't be able to do anything with it. Personally I'd rather have what little is working and hope it will get fixed in the next month or so rather than have nothing. But I know other people expect a more polished release and thats not unreasonable, it just means there would be delays in release. Waiting 2 months after an EQ expac before buying it would probably give you a better experience.
    Geri_Petrovna and Tarvas like this.
  11. Nolrog Augur

I am not suggesting anything. I am clearly stating that the TLP are an additional revenue stream that they are working hard to cultivate, especially after the complaints and issues from RF/LJ that led people to quit and, IMO, state that they would only come back if the raids were instanced.
  12. Nolrog Augur

So while everyone else was able to rest after a big deliverable and spend time with their families on one of the big holidays of the year, you expected them to work 80 hours a week just because you don't deem them worthy of time off. That's quite cold and heartless. I'm glad you don't run this company or any other.
  13. Wizdons Augur

then why the hell do they bother releasing content and a TLP all around this critical holiday season. all freaking knowing they will be wanting to take time off. all knowing this is will also be a time most players will be able to spend more time in the game. would it not make sense for the expansion be in working order by this time a year so they can take time off and players can enjoy working content?

they need to start releasing stuff before October so we dont get the same old excuse that is the holiday and they dont have time to fix this and that.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Because developers don't drive release dates, market conditions and upper management who probably don't even know the names of their employees that far down do. But just for the sake of argument if the Devs are the ones picking and sticking with release dates they should be fired. :p
  15. Roshen Brand Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.