solution to perma camp on agnaar

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by xakanrn, Jun 24, 2017.

1. xakanrn Augur

Make some items no drop .FBSS,BAM and GEBS
    Easy solution
    Now we can all enjoy the content without having to deal with farmers
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  2. Finley Augur

If I only consider my own personal enjoyment I think this is a great idea, and I'd even extend it to all loot from "raid bosses" (Lady Vox, Nagafen, Trakanon), etc.

Part of the problem though is Krono's are likely the reason these TLPs are so successful. I'm guessing without Krono we'd never have gotten Agnarr, and certainly not the Agnarr we have today (with so much reworking of classic content to add motm, instances, picks, etc).
    code-zero likes this.
  3. xakanrn Augur

Then make GEBS,FBSS and BAM avaliable on DBG shop .Though I would hate this to be a solution to the problem.
    Anything to kill this perma camp culture
    Bailen likes this.
  4. Finley Augur

If you're willing to buy them on the DBG market then why not just buy Krono and trade to players for them? I'm not trying to shut down your argument because I agree it sucks when you put a group together and then struggle to find a place to take the group, but at least overcrowding is a sign of a healthy population for the server. Agnarr is on a pretty fast unlock track. In ~8 weeks or whatever when Sebilis and howling Stone opens these classic camps will be very easy to get.
  5. xakanrn Augur

1)It goes directly into the hands of DBG .
    2)It will be a fixed price
    3) It ends perma camping which means some fun camps can now be used once more for adventuring.Runneye basement is a wonderful place for someone to level .Without BAM it will free up again ,same with other areas perma camped.
    4)krono farmers will leave server and hey is that a bad thing????
  6. crag79 Augur

You will never end perma camps jut by making the loot no drop. You will still have people in those camps, but they will sell the loot rights. It takes what 10 minutes for the corpse to open? Then they just lock the corpse by keeping a toon there. It happens with SolB giants all the time.
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  7. nostalgicfool Augur

In eq2 any good stuff is heirloom and has level restriction, as a result it is a much sounder game.
    People still Sell Loot Right but it is very marginal ...
  8. Kahna Augur

The gear will still be perma camped by high levels. Doesn't matter if it is no-drop or not. Most of the people camping these items now, especially the BAM, aren't farmers, they are just trying to get it for themselves. I've spent a fair amount of time down there camping it for myself and only 2 or 3 names kept popping up, or I know they are farmers. Most folks just cycled through got their item and left. The problem is that it is BiS for half the classes in the game. Far more people need it than will ever get it, same goes for GEBs. Even if it was no drop you and the farmers all left you would still never get into a camp because the demand is so high. Making it no drop just means everyone has to go farm it themselves, instead of buying on in the tunnel. So instead of being farmed by one person it would be farmed by guilds who would cycle all their people through for hours on end and you would still not get it.

What on earth makes you think that, even if all the farmers left RE basement that it would somehow miraculously be open for people to level in. Folks still want BAMs, all those level 50 healers and clerics would still be down there trying to get it themselves, and there would still be a ton of competition.

Of course, you can manage to kill everything in the game without GEBs or BAMs so don't sweat it. It really isn't holding you back or impeding your ability to enjoy the game. In 2 months Kunark will be out and these camps will be empty. The whole farmers camping all the good stuff is only a classic problem, no need to change anything.
  9. Rauven Augur

I have a better solution. Any gear obtained from a pick that is not the main pick is NO TRADE. Stuff obtained from Main is left alone.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Leave the loot tables be, anything beginning with do this or that to specific items always back fires.
    Want to end this then stop buying the crap no intervention by DBG required.
  11. Aurastrider Augur

this is nice in theory but you will be left with people selling loot rights. Not saying it wont slow down things but the farmers will always be ten steps ahead of the general population. Not to mention krono sales are a driving business force. Unless they have data to show that more money is lost than made because of the current model I doubt things will change.
  12. Thraine Augur

people complain when their server is populated, and people complain when its not populated ... funny how that happens :)
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

They also complain that clerics cant fd and shamans can't rez.

After all... this is just qol improvements right?
  14. superman Augur

Don't remember who said it, but, Making more focus items across the board in classic would help alot. A lvl 30 zone has the BiS slot for 1/2 the people. It's just a supply/demand issue. More supply would help a ton imo.
  15. Aurastrider Augur

After thinking about it a more creative solution without going to far outside of a system they already have in place is to do chase loot but instead of having new items for classic just have the most valuable items random drop but be rather rare still off any trash mobs. I think they would have to reduce the overall rarity compared to actual chase loot but this would at least give people a shot at high value items from just killing random mobs. Some will get luck and some wont that's just how it goes but I have never heard anyone complain when they get an unsuspected rare.
    Senadin likes this.
  16. Mrjon3s Augur

Just no. GoD comes out in a month or so on Phinny and a lot of the people that are for kronos will come back and then you guys will be complaining that enough picks arent spawning because not enough people.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Actually there will be much rejoicing...
  18. nostalgicfool Augur

Yes but if you require the looter to be in the group when the mob is killed it gets complicated, people will still do it but it will be so annoying because nobody can warrant a drop that it won't be used a lot.
  19. ZappedBoys Lorekeeper

Aight no drop huh?
    Will sell loot rights then.
  20. Rokkeb Journeyman

I think the best solution is to stop with the pick garbage, and make proper instancing. Roll up a new instance of every zone (or at least dungeons) for every group that wants one. Characters are powerful enough that they can easily crawl through most dungeons and hold all the best camps if they wanted to with a full group. Then put 1 or 2 hour lockouts on entering anything other than your pick and the main zone, to stop people from constantly pick hopping (cause what would happen is they would go hit all the named camps, roll a new pick and repeat endlessly instead of waiting for respawn). And if your pick is empty of players totally for more than say 20 minutes (giving time to get back to zone after wipe) it poofs and you're still on lockout.

Of course that will never happen, and people will say the servers can't handle it. But the answer is to make it so the pick abusers and KSers can't exploit the rules for their gain. As long as they can freely go to every named camp and take the named, the problem will still be there. They'll just delete stuff, if nobody will cough up the krono for the LR to the now no-drop FBSS/GEBS/SMR etc.