Solteris Event #3

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rainbowdash, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Rainbowdash Augur

I know it's been suggested before but... killing the uncontrollable golem swarm after unbalancing should totally count as an event victory. Especially since it's meant to be unkillable and doing so prevents the event from resetting without dropping the dz anyway :p
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I hate that event.
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Hatsee Augur

Who doesn't know to bring a necro there by now?
    Bigstomp likes this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Not everyone has a necro alt or 3.
    Tarvas likes this.
  5. Axxius Augur

Seriously, devs, it's TIME to change this badly designed event. Solteris is still popular for the clickies it drops. Can somebody make a nice anniversary present to the community and remove this ******* balance requirement that can be failed by sneezing in a wrong direction? Or indeed allow winning the event by killing the golem swarm?
    Faana, Fanra and Iila like this.
  6. Rogue Augur

I'd rather they don't fix it. I don't want to see everyone and their alt running around with red skelly illusion. Keep them rare.
    Funk likes this.
  7. Tobynn Augur

A redesign of seven year old raid content just ain't happenin', and everyone knows it. The event isn't broken, so it won't be getting any fixes.

Intentionally failing the event and effortlessly killing the resulting swarm, with characters 25 levels beyond the intended audience, is not a win by any stretch of the imagination -- its a handout.
    Funk likes this.
  8. Silv Augur

I'll once again point out the fact they just spent almost an entire patch 2 months ago revamping SOD. Oh, and then recall the changes to Demiplane to "fix" several raid events to accommodate being Lv. 100.

So, seven years old = invalid argument for not getting a readjustment.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Ishtass like this.
  9. Mytoss Elder

would be awesome if they made killing of those swarm mobs made the event a sucess.
    Faana and Ishtass like this.
  10. Tobynn Augur

Oh, you mean the December patch that included 86 different changes to SoD group content related to unlocking Journeyman mercenaries? You mean that patch? Yeah, that patch also included two bug fixes for broken raid content in Rathe Council Chambers. I'll repeat that for ya -- bug fixes for broken raids.

And the changes to Demiplane back in July were to add hitpoint locks to Hatchet and Tris, because current level players were roflstomping them soooo hard it caused the the event script to break. Those changes were also made to address a broken raid, not "to accommodate being Lv. 100".
    Faana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Falos Augur

Red skelly illusion isn't even that amazing, even if people farm it you wont be seeing red skellies run rampant, there are so many other illusions in the game that red skellies are meh at best.
  12. Rogue Augur

Red skelly is the best illusion in the game, actually
  13. Falos Augur

Current players are roflstomping solteris 3 so hard that it becomes easy to 'break/ fail' the event without bring a specific class. Sounds like you just added more reason for solteris 3 to be adjusted.
  14. Tobynn Augur

I like the way you lumped break/fail together as if the are the same thing. The event works fine, the script does not stall requiring you to grab a new expedition because you have now broken the event without any recourse. Fail is fail. You screw it up, and the event resets just fine. Try again without the fail.

I suppose if you trigger Solteris #1 event, and then kill only 1 mob and fail, the event must be broken. Better fix that one too.
  15. Axxius Augur

Are you really thick or just pretending? Solteris #3 is not "fine". They fixed the Demiplane where there was a similar issue, despite the fact that those events "worked as intended", for lv 70 that is. Solteris #3 "works as intended" for lv 75. But not for lv 100. It doesn't have to require a new dz to warrant a fix.
    Faana, Ishtass and Silv like this.
  16. Tobynn Augur

I didn't state Solt3 was fine. I said the event resets just fine. I am fairly certain you can read, so I can only assume you are now shaving my words so your argument makes some sort of sense to you.

And, what similar issue in Demiplane? If you think that Hatchet and Tris dieing prematurely and not leaving any corpses and causing the scripts to stall was "working as intended" then you would be dead wrong.

Do tell, what event in Demiplane was "fixed" to permit players to intentionally fail the event and win. I am interested to learn about this event.
  17. Falos Augur

I don't understand why you are so strongly opposed to something that is simply a quality of life thing. Unless you enjoy grey con content that takes like 30+ minutes to kill due to a mechanic that increases in difficulty to overcome as the level cap raises.
    Axxius likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

I can read. But can you read what you actually wrote?
    Roley. You could very easily accidentally kill Adriana and lose the way to unlock Roley's hp.
    None. I didn't say anything of the sort. Talking to a wrong person?

But if they allowed winning Solteris #3 by spawning the golem swarm and killing it, that would be a harder way of winning it from the tanking/healing point of view, although at lv 100 it doesn't matter. Just like you burn event #2 without caring for its mechanics.
  19. Tobynn Augur

Quality of life? lulz

You want the clickies that drop beyond event #3? Then beat event #3 and go get them, and stop crying that it takes a whole 30 minutes of your life to beat the event.

I am certain if they set up a merchant in the Nexus selling Solteris clickies for platinum, some people would whine about having to walk through PoK to get there. It took me 30 seconds! My quality of life is ruined!
    Funk likes this.
  20. Tobynn Augur

This is what you mean by working as intended? You contend that it was intended that players could break the script and be unable to unlock Roley's hps? lulz. Yeah, I am certain that was intentional; probably detailed in the original design document.