Solo Ranger 85-110

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Cicelee, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

How feasible is it for a non twinked, group geared ranger to solo from 85 to 110? On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being super easy and will only take a month or two, and 10 being near impossible and will take one to two years...
  2. Szilent Augur

it's only about playtime, someone putting in the hours will just march up the levels "no problem" (except some devastation to their coffee stockpile
  3. Cicelee Augur

Lemme rephrase the question because theoretically yes, any class can solo from 85-110 if they put in the time.

A necromancer is regarded as one of the (if not the) best solo classes in game. They will not have too much difficulty in getting 85-110 w/o raid gear and support in a reasonable amount of time. On a scale of 1 to 10, they are a 1.

A rogue or cleric are regarded as two of the (if not the) worst solo classes in game. They will have a difficult time being successful from a solo perspective, and it will take significantly longer to go from 85-110. I would think on a scale of 1 to 10, they are a 10.

Rangers, I do not where they fit on the scale. My first character was a ranger, I have loved rangers during my D&D days, and it is only because I had invested so much time in my magician that I never went back to a ranger. I realized the other day I have 2 free HC on my magician, and while I have thought about a paladin for one spot... I have always yearned for a ranger.

However my play time is not what it used to be, and if i am going to take on a ranger solo pet project I would like reassurances that they are not a 9 on the scale where the amount of time and difficulty and challenge is so great that it would not be worth it. I am not looking for easiness, just realistic feasibility that I can see tangible results in an appropriate amount of time with a moderate amount of challenge.

Which is why I asked in the first place :)
  4. Derka Power Ranger

The answer is 7. But my information is dated since when I played my ranger 85-100 it was years ago before the change to how headshot works. Back then I had no problem during an exp weekend headshotting and doing the repeatable kill quests in Valley of Lunanyn to go from 98-100. It's boring but extremely doable. You need to keep up on your AC/stats to really molo tank stuff and rotate through your multitude of defensive abilities. The roaring weapons proc is overpowered for tanking but it isn't really dependable. Use lesson on cooldown and find a great place to do a headshot rotation, do dailies and overseer/collectibles.
    dubblestack and Cicelee like this.
  5. dubblestack Elder

I did it a few years ago, wasn't too bad, the vampiric procs are very useful as well, I would find two weapons with them if you can and it will make you much harder to kill, then you can used imbued ferocity to force those procs in tight fights as well, and you're basically unkillable for as long as it's up
    Cicelee likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would put the Ranger more around level 5. Depends a lot on how you play them. He can drop to a 4 with a healer merc cause they are actually decent tanks before headshot really makes its impact.

Set up a pocket chanter with him and you guys could be down to a 3.
    Cicelee likes this.
  7. Belexes ForumQuester

I'd say 3 or 4. If it can be snared and rooted, it can solo'd. Take advantage of the humanoid zones and go to town.
    Wulfhere and Cicelee like this.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Three. A heroic 85 ranger will get decent (not great) procs on headshot. You can single pull and solo the heroic augs in the The Dream for the most part. You can start headshotting immediately in The Field of Scale if you want. You are going to have to out level content by an expansion, then work your way back down for gear upgrades. Should be fun. I am sort of screwing around with it on Miragual right now as I decide what to do about Coirnav.
    Cicelee likes this.
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

Beware of zone with summon-able head shot mobs or mobs that are not headshot types that you will just root rot and range. Make sure you know how to use them ranger tank buttons. :p

Summoning is the death of rangers if they don't know how to tank and are taken by surprise. :D

I always test out mobs in a zone if a zone is new to me. First I test snare. Then root. Then I see if they will summon me. If the first two work and they don't summon, you can take on mobs that you normally couldn't go head to head with.

Vine and Fluster, Bluster and the root AA are nice things to have. You can always keep a mob off of you if snared.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

In your high 90s, you can headshot the orcs in the RoF version of EW, as they don't summon. Just make sure you Headshot level syncs up with the level of the mobs you're killing. With snare, vine, and fluster/bluster, you can pull orcs from the fort all day and just kite them back and forth in front of the fort since nothing paths there.
  11. fortuneteller Augur

I would say 42.....

Ooops, you did not ask about meaning of life, sorry.
  12. Wulfhere Augur

3rd is a little bit high, given the competition, albeit believable when all things are in a ranger's favor. If ranger is 3rd, and necromancer is 1st. Which class is 2nd?

If it's Magician, then Cicelee will feel right at home with the pace of XP grind. Now if we're saying that ranger can solo for XP easier and faster then a magician, well ... :)
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The conversation isn't about ranking the top 10 best solo classes, but how it would be to take a ranger solo from 85 to 110 on a scale of 1 - 10.
  14. Firedog New Member

All classes are a 1 now. If you use overseer you can easily get a level a week just casually playing a couple of hours a week. Find a spot with a bunch of blue humaniod mobs and your set. Harmonious arrow, entrap, and flusterbolt/blusterbolt and your set.
  15. Wulfhere Augur

You missed my point entirely. Cicelee has been a magician and I'm hinting she might find ranger quite acceptable.