Solo/Molo Question F2P question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by CelesitneP, Mar 20, 2017.

1. CelesitneP New Member

Hello,

Returning player here, not sure what I am going to run but will be running F2P. Can the solo missions be done with F2P chars and can they level up and experience content? Do guilds allow F2P players?
  2. Elsewhere Elder

What do you mean by "the solo missions"? If you mean Franklin Teek's dailies, then yes, you can.

I believe that Free-to-play characters are able to join guilds, but not create them (and possibly not invite others into guild? anyone confirm/deny please?)

F2P characters can level as high as they want to, right up to 100+, but you have a cap on your AAs at 250 (1000 for silver accounts), and that will be your restricting factor realistically above 75, which will really hamper your progress. You should be fine until 70 on 250.

You can subscribe for 1 month, and hit "autogrant" which will allocate you every AA available to your level. You wont lose these AAs after your membership lapses, you can continue to use the abilities and the passives will still be working. However, your AA count will show (for example at 85) something like 7200/250, and you will not be able to gain any more AA unless you have an active membership.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Correct FTP cannot create guilds but can join them or they can join the quest guild given out by npc in POK that allows use of the guild portals.

I have quite a few FTP and they do well unless you want to be the top raider in EQ.
  4. SomeEQGuy Elder

They don't do so well if they are tanks without prestige gear/augs.
  5. CelesitneP New Member

Thank you all for the quick responses. They were all very helpful. I have no desire to play a tank at this time And while I hope two group and the game I don't plan on being a top raider. Looking at a druid, wizard, necro, or enchanter (that order). I played a shaman and/or a ranger in the past.
  6. Phiyre Augur

At some point, near 95ish (whenever auto grant aa stop), sub to eq for a month so you can auto grant your aa. Then you will at least be able to keep up having a good chunk of aa. Otherwise f2p allows you 1k aa or less which means you miss out on a LOT of good stuff.
  7. Anhari Augur

F2P accounts are limited to Apprentice mercenaries. Silver accounts can hire up to tier V, normal F2P can only access Tier I and II. This will severelly hamper your efforts, and going All Access for one month doesn't help. Once you go back to F2P, you loose any merc's over the "allowed" tiers.
  8. runecrow Elder

Heed me f2p'ers when I say: oh the AA! Oh the AA cap! Listen to me: be very careful what AA you acquire. As far as I can tell there is no going back; once you pick, it's done. Do not choose AA except with the utmost consideration and foresight. Choose wisely! Heed the voice of experience or become the voice of experience.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You can do whatever you want and if you have fun - all the better! But, from a social standpoint, you will probably need to try and find other F2P players to play with. Even the best F2P toon is usually so handicapped by gear and AAs that they are dead weight and a burden in a group of paying players.
  10. Karanthal Augur

If you are boxing your own group of F2P accounts as mentioned you can still play the game to a reasonable level. I tend to play EQ off and on for a few months at a time. While im playing I pay for my 3 accounts, just keep on top of cancelling them if you are no longer playing and its not too expensive. You can play up to lvl 105 now on F2P but as mentioned, you are limited on AA, mercs, Rk1 spells and non-prestige items. rk2 spells can be unlocked fairly cheeply as a one off purcase per account. Its definitely worth at least 1 paid month per account to max up the AA's, having ~12k at lvl 100 is a huge difference to 250. Its very expensive to increase the AA cap using DBC. The prestige items will start to affect you more as you get to the higher levels.

Heroic Adventures can all be done F2P. The 2 daily bonus XP/Currency missions can be from any expansion, so if you dont have the latest 2 you might find days where there are none available to you. You can still do HA's just without the extra bonus. It would be nice to get a little money off when buying multiple copies of the expansions (3 for 2 maybe :) )
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The increase option for AA and the Rank II spell increase do not seem to be available in the Marketplace for the last 6 months and folks are wondering where they went.
  12. TheInquisitor Old Timer

CelistineP,
    There is always the Test server which has permanent gold membership (free) and increased xp. Never wipes and can /testcopy over Live characters (one way). It's smaller but many friendly people there as well.
  13. Galrois New Member

If the account is silver, through, then it can create guilds even if it is playing free.