Solo farming Golden Efreeti Boots?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sillyfish, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Sillyfish Elder

Does anyone remember at the beginning of Phinigel there was a particular person who had GEBS spawn on lockdown? I think they were a Necromancer.

Can you solo farm those boots as a Necro before Kunark on the new server?
  2. Dysfunction New Member

Sachee the Small was his name. He had many friends and smelled of rich mahogany.
  3. malaki Augur

Sachee did spend a bit of time at Freeto.
  4. Sillyfish Elder

So is it something doable as a Necromancer? I don't want to have the place all to myself, but farming a couple of Krono would be very nice.

Never played a NEcro before in Classic either.
  5. Machentoo Augur

It's the most popular loot camp in classic EQ, you need to not think in terms of whether you can solo the mob but how you will deal with the group of six players that decides it's their camp now (or six players with their out of group alts, or one player with his 6 boxes). Or the people who decide to train all the imps on you while you are fighting efreeti, since you won't be able to keep the whole area clear solo. Nothing that they've mentioned so far indicates any change from the dps rules policy for Agnarr.
  6. Sillyfish Elder

I can play dirty too and train and FD on people, but I would rather not. I am Australian and play odd hours, so I'm sure eventually I'd have the camp to myself at some point. Furthermore, if I have to group up and share loot, oh well. That wont bother me.

I was just trying to ascertain whether Necro was the class that'd be able to handle if it I ever did find myself in possession of the camp. I'm assuming yes.
  7. Mwapo Augur

If you aren't terrible, sure. Someone will be in that camp 24 hours a day though and there will be train wars because of that camp. So if you don't want to play dirty, reconsider your game plan.
  8. Pikallo Augur

If MIDGETS ends up on Agnarr, you better come ready to play. He keeps a trapper keeper handy to track every pick of efreeti and will recruit replacements in all caps 24/7.
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Efreeti is not about your ability to play, the times you play, or the class(es) you play. It's simply about how dirty you are willing to get yourself in order to get the camp.

If you think you are going to go more than 2 hours as a solo/duo box group without someone trying to start something you know nothing John Snow.
  10. Stilln New Member

Yes it is doable. However do not attempt it. Maybe if you camp there before a server reset, but this camp brings the absolute worst out of people.

There are plenty of other places to camp for Krono drops during Classic.
  11. Sillyfish Elder

That's great to know and I'm sure I'll be infinitely happier somewhere less contested, I just would like to try and get my own set of boots myself and maybe make some cash in the meantime.

I appreciate everyone trying to express the gravity of the situation on me also. Your advice has been heard. Thank you.
  12. DimaREZBANKED Journeyman

Just stay out of my permafrost camps
  13. Kobra Augur

He is soloable by necro. Did it many times.
  14. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Make Norrath Sachee Again.
  15. Atabishi Augur

Don't worry guys, I'll be on Agnarr.
  16. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

YESSS. Better invest in the salt market, y'all.
  17. Razzle Augur

Necros rock!
  18. Jummps-Xegony New Member

Guys... this is why we can't have nice things. Now you're all going to get FD nerfed or some stupid silly Sh*T like the mage pet nerf. All we need is a week of necros and monks fd training efreeti and disrupting the zone. Lol and don't say its not possible.

But seriously, I'm always nice in game but I think i'm gonna be a jerk on Agnarr. I'm gonna roleplay a blind monk and chain train all day randomly. It does look kinda fun. :)
  19. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

Dude i wanna make a toon and sit in zone, be the narrator of whats going on in /ooc
    " And he comes the train from the right weighing in at about 15 mobs.....What will _____ do now as he is mid fight with his group...OH and would you look there! From the left Is _____ coming in with an additional cluster of mobs!"
    Atabishi likes this.
  20. TPSTEEPS Journeyman

serakan is/was possibly the worst player in the game. Couldnt talk shi~ couldnt beat ANYONE in dps races couldnt realize he was a loser and 0 for xxx Couldnt even win arguements. Boots of slaughter ftw in dodh era. Such a loser in game.

Sadly sachee was the same perma lose status and failure in tells. wtb better /tell game for you new generation of players.

You people need mentors at eq not overseers just mentors. Someone to not give you the answers or tell you where youre wrong but someone to help you see where you lose.

Oh this generation. But hey on the plus side i never in life will have to worry about competition or worry about not being the best. /sigh so lonely on top~