Solo ench epic

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Thegtrain, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Thegtrain New Member

Would it be possible to solo via J1merc and charming the ench epic 1.0at level 70? If not which level would it be doable? Also when should I start 1.5 and 2.0? Still learning returned to game about 3 weeks ago.
  2. High Voltage Augur

There are so many writeups to be found for this, each one giving a good idea what powers are needed to complete the steps. Or you could just start and see how it goes? Maybe bring friends if you cannot survive an encounter solo?
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Short answer is no. Won't be able to get to the Prince in Chardok solo since illusion door trick doesn't work anymore. And finding the mob in Skyfire to charm/turn in would be a gigantic pain without some tracking help, although technically doable. Otherwise I'd say probably yes it's doable solo at 70 with a J1 merc.
  4. Larsupial Journeyman

I did this quest solo about a month ago, however I was 86 at the time. As stated above, the hardest part was looking for Felia Goldenwing in Skyfire. I just ran around killing stuff until I (finally) saw it pop. It took a couple of days. The other timesink is getting the vampire essence in Hate. I got lucky and it only took me about a day.

The Chardok Prince is still doable even with the "illusion through doors" fix. You can still look through the door by standing right next to it, but you have to target the prince manually: /target prince. Once you do that you can send Shiny Bob in to kill the Prince and your healer merc will keep him alive even through the door.

I think Fear would still be a bit of a handful solo at 70. Zone-wide agro there is ridiculous and you will find yourself dealing with 8 to 10 mobs at a time on occasion. That chews through your runes pretty quick.

The good news about this quest is that the population of the game now means you won't be competing for the rares with a bunch of other enchanters wanting their epics. Back in the day, that was the biggest pain in the butt.

Good luck and welcome back!
  5. Scorrpio Augur

Epic 1 at 70 with J1... hard to say. Remember, some of those pieces were supposed to need a raid of lvl 60 people. At level 85 with J5, you can definitely do it.
    The 1.5, some parts are easy at 85 solo, the sticky points are All-Seeing Eye and the Greasy clockwork. Definitely doable by boxing a a pair of 85s with J5 mercs. Same goes for most of 2.0, but for globe of discordant energy from Anguish you might need some extra help.