SoL Locked TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dmccollum, Jan 22, 2019.

1. dmccollum Elder

Personally for me, SoL was the end of the golden age of EQ. I would love to see a SoL locked TLP server. Especially if there's at least six months between each expansion. The 12 weeks between each expansion on Corniv is too fast. There's not enough time to really experience each expansion.
  2. Ltldogg Augur

For me the golden era ended after SoV. I personally cannot stand SoL with the updated graphics, bazaar (why take away EC Tunnel), revamped zones, etc.
  3. Moranis Augur

#inbeforeThalliiuscomplains!
    Jontrann likes this.
  4. Jontrann Augur

5. Artaserse2 Elder

Personally, I like op's idea. I was suggesting it myself before Agnarr came out. However, with a PoP-locked server out there is little reason for a SoL-locked server now. If people want a locked server then I would suggest OoW as the final expansion. This was one of EQ's finest expansions with a famous final boss fight, 2.0 Epics & Level 70.
  6. Elskidor Augur

We don't need another locked TLP in early era. If enough people really want a locked OoW then leave it to level 65s on Agnarr to vote. Luclin is just a strange place for a locked server with Agnaar and P99 already there. Next TLP FV copycat with high xp and quick unlocks. Just make sure to implement AoC to FV when they merge = )
  7. Artaserse2 Elder

I like the idea of a TLP FV server with high (Agnarr) experience myself. Phinny unlocks are fine. That's a speed that both casuals & hardcores can live with.

Implementing AoC to FV is a good idea.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Are we talking about Luclin?

A Luclin locked server would be absolutely abysmal. The few people that are suckered into making it their "home" will regret it as literally it's trumped by either Agnarr or P99. Luclin was good, but even if you want to play Luclin there is still content on Agnarr that will always be Luclin-friendly.

On Agnarr, raids still, and always will, hit up Vex Thal. The exp zones are somewhat used as well. The only things you really miss out on are the (broken?) crazy events that take a long time and often seemed bugged out with relatively weak rewards. I even see Shei get killed occasionally.

Long story short, if you want to do Luclin forever, Agnarr satisfies the itch. It'll be relevant forever.
  9. Artaserse2 Elder

In my last post I was talking about a general unlocked TLP FV server. This is what I personally support.

Op mentioned Luclin. I agree with you that Agnarr covers Luclin pretty well.

I only mentioned OoW because occasionally people talk about a server locked at that expansion. If they decide to do another locked TLP that would be a good place to lock it for the reasons I gave above. But I don't personally care whether the next TLP is locked or not.
  10. dmccollum Elder

The reason a lot of people do not like Agnarr is because of all the instant travel in PoK. People won't really play in Luclin zones once PoP is released other than a few raids.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly, if they want to actually do something cool they can open Agnarr to vote in a year to unlock up to whatever the level 65 expansions are and "lock" that in for a few years, if not forever. The reason being, it will be less populated, the players that are there had their POP fix, but it will give an influx of players that want to advance.
  12. TimeBreak Elder

Locks aren't bad, but if there is another locked server it needs to be Lvl 70 or higher. If you want to play on a SoV locked server, go back to P99.
  13. dmccollum Elder

No, P99 is run by amateurs that believe everyone should love the oldest client possible to play and most of all, there's no Luclin.
  14. Alarya Augur

I just posted this in another thread, but I'll drop it here too!
    An interesting idea would be to have 2 TLP servers drop at once. One would be starting with Luclin and past expansions, but it is classic rules and a no box server and is perma locked. The other starts in classic and unlocks with votes, and as soon as they unlock Luclin they merge the two servers.
  15. Machentoo Augur

This would violate the entire premise of the server. People who wanted a locked server told us it would be popular forever, as is. That it would be a place new people could always join and not be too far behind. Either the concept is successful as is, or they should just wipe the server and put an end to the idea of doing locked servers.