SoF Raid Trigger Package

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, Sep 19, 2018.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

https://pro.pathtoeternity.pro/download/2018-09-19-15-secrets-of-faydwer-raid-triggers/

I've built this out this week in anticipation of SoF unlocking on Phinny in a few weeks. I know many of us will be doing Test raids before the unlock, so I thought this would be a good time to go ahead and post this to get some feedback. I believe I've settled on a standard format for creating raid trigger packages (what gets included, what gets cut, how information is displayed, etc.). I've tinkered with a few different approaches and I think I'm about where I want this to be, but I would appreciate feedback.

To build out this package (this is all done by hand, unfortunately), I went to the ZAM listing of all SoF zones, picking through them to find each NPC listed as Raid Encounter, and then looked through the effects associated with that NPC. To make the cut, an effect either had to have a detrimental duration, a stun component, or a feign death component.

The duration effects all get a timer stating what kind of cure is needed to cure it (or that there is no cure, if it can't be cured) with the name of the effect proceeding (the timer looks like [cure needed]: [name of effect]). Stun effects are similar but say stun instead, and feign death effects have an audio trigger and display text that both say "Stand up!" Triggers are named using their trigger text and are all sanitized (the ^ caret symbol preceding the trigger text) so that other players can't spoof your triggers.

I haven't done this content before and didn't research the individual encounters, so if there are one-off event triggers ("shoulder my burden" type stuff) I'll need to go back and get those added.

It's possible that this can be improved further, so if you have ideas (that can be implemented consistently) please tell me. If you see any errors let me know; this is a lot of manual work so I expect I've made some typos or at least been inconsistent in some places.

All of my trigger packages go into their own Trigger Group to ensure they don't mix in with or create collisions with your existing triggers.

I'll be sure to post an updated package around launch time if changes are made. If this is well received I'll make sure to not only continue doing these in the same format going forward, but will go back and do the same for each previous expansion.

Thanks!
    Ryak and Starr like this.