SOE promised they have been tracking cheaters,but...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tims, Nov 5, 2012.

1. tims New Member

But maybe they have done nothing,at least ,not enough.The fact is,lots cheaters are using
    third party software to make plat in group mission 'Illdaera's Vengeance',most of them are plat
    farmers.
    This mission has special spawn mechanism:The first step is to click a bolt gun to spawn adds
    from the Avatar. Each click of a bolt gun spawns one add and you can spawn unlimited adds and the adds have low hp,also low dps,can be killed very quickly,the key is it drops items worth
    150+ plat frequently.Utilize these features,cheaters are easy to using third party software to
    spawn and kill unlimited adds,loot and sell worthy item to npc,make about 400k plat everyday
    automatically.Since it is a instance zone,cheaters can make plat in multiple instances at the
    same time,huge quantity plat being made to destory everquest's economy.
    I have reported and /feedback it in game,but no reply,no changes for this mission,even no tiny
    change such as disable worthy drops of those adds which could fix it easily.
  2. Rainbowdash Augur

Hate to burst your bubble but you can do this without 3rd party programs. It's called boxing.
    Vouivre and Bauer like this.
  3. Sebbina Augur

As i recall the guns get jammed after a number of shots, and there are only so many of them. If some one is killing off the splinters, until all guns are jammed then retasking to repeat, I doubt they are breaking any rules. There are various zones with trash that drop good plat/gems and are farmed as such.
    Vouivre likes this.
  4. WarSheol Augur

I can assure you SoE is fully aware of the 3rd party programs and update as they update, Cheaters will be caught. :cool:

I have met with the SoE anti hack team at the last 3 fan faires. They know what to look for and how to stop actual cheaters.

But if you have proof some one is cheating be sure to send a petition in.
  5. doktartp Augur

You can make decent loot anywhere if you pick things up and sell them.
    I often drag lowbies around in instanced mech guardian to loot while i swarm entire floors.
    thats 30-40k an hour just soloing with 1 person chain looting. And it is decent xp.

Would be more but its lots of running and limited mobs.
    Vouivre likes this.
  6. Vouivre Augur

I hate to break it to you, but EQ's economy was destroyed years ago.
  7. Smallpox Augur

[IMG]

Where one argues the "economy" is broken, another will argue it is not.

Moot point hehe.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Long gone are the days of a bazaar filled with maximum trader capacity and countless items for sale. Now, 100 traders and 8000 items is the norm, with the bulk of that being consumables. Broken economy is broken, and it had nothing to do with mythical plat farmers. There is no longer any great volume of trade simply because there is no great volume of items worth trading. Plus, the attunable tag destroyed the resale market.
  9. Smallpox Augur

The day they implemented Defiant gear.

When that happened, every piece of gear (or weapon) that had stats lower than Defiant, were rendered "useless", which persists to this day. Gone are the days of farming trade-able gear as a primary source of income (unless you specialize in Defiant gear lol).

There are a few exceptions, but they are rare.
  10. Vouivre Augur

At the release of every expansion that has droppable gear items for the first one or two tiers, those who are capable of farming them do so and make a killing.
  11. Smallpox Augur

My point was that Defiant gear literally made all gear with stats not as good and or comparable... worthless. Defiant gear drops in most all the zones, making it the desired choice for the ease at which it is gotten.

Before Defiant gear, people (now mainly alts/bots) had to mix and match gear from a variety of places. Now all the gear that was previously used (before Defiant) is vendor junk or left to rot.

As it sits now, when leveling an alt/bot, you just run over to the bazaar, and grab a set of level appropriate "canned gear" (Defiant).

I would assume this was done to compete with other MMO's to attract "instant satisfaction" players.
    Leerah likes this.
  12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I am pretty sure there is still Billions of Plat sitting on unsubbed old free accounts that MySuperSales and IGE created during the big Silvered Weapons blacksmithing cash sploit about 8-7 years ago for one example.