SOE Please get your Priorities Straight

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Neamiah, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Neamiah Journeyman

First and foremost this is not meant to be a flame thread. I am not bashing SOE or their business decisions. HOWEVER. I would like to point out that since the Halloween face ornaments launched at the same time as the RoF-Prequest I have collected 50 (no joke) of the hat ornaments and NOT ONE Fear shard. 20% (if that) of your player population will purchase the Hero's Forge Armor feature and will take advantage of these items. 95% or better of your player population will purchase the next expansion and would very much like to participate in this pre-quest but the shards are so rare that its discouraging players left and right.

So please Get your Priorities Straight and put the players first before your pocketbooks.

Thank you.
    Geroblue likes this.
  2. Neamiah Journeyman

Am I really the only one who feels this way? Come on people speak up! If this isn't viewed as an issue then it won't be addressed.
  3. Pizacatto - CT Augur

I've not worked towards the Fear Shards yet, but will say all my banks, including my alt banks are all overflowing with head ornaments and defiant gear.

I'll tell ya what irks me: I've been trying to finish the Halloween quests for the illusion mask, and God help me, I can't find a freaking Ice Of Velious. I have been all over the world, committed genocide in zones that supposedly have them drop, and nothing!! I've spent, easily 12 hours killing for 1 stupid Ice Of Velious and I can't get one.
  4. Xirtket Augur

I'm not sure on the shard drop rates.. Unless I'm killing in the wrong zones, CoB, Pillars, Sep, RT, Windsong.. then I would say the drop rate is a bit low, and should be tweeked a little.

Also I'm not sure if I read correctly that the shards would drop in most any zone, but you could only turn them in if you're the appropriate level? If so then the drop rate is really low, I've been in HS groups, soloing in lower lvl zones for quests etc and mass killing in doing this.
  5. Calebe New Member

Tried for 1 solid hour in CoB and not one shard nor was there one shard found on the general use channel on Tunare. So with over 60 in that channel and myself all looking, that is 60 hours of play time and not one person found any. That says the drop rate is way to low.
  6. Paradisic_parasite Elder

You need to mass murder light blues basically.
    Preferably light blues lvl 85+ to push the ratio of drops more in favour of the level 95 usable shards.
  7. Rainbowdash Augur

You don't need one of each food type listed. You only need 5 of any given food type. Make the easiest ones, pumpkin seeds x5 :p That's how I did it.

Also, as far as the pre-release goes. Don't fret over it guys, really. You have a month to max ally on basic killing and as of right now, that faction, the faction that does nothing yet, is the only reward. No items, no tasks, no merchant window unlocks. You hit ally, get one last thank you, and walk away empty handed.
  8. Straahdx Augur

They need to add these to the instance loot table also, imo.. Simply too many people in the static zones... Unless they are, and I've just been extremely unlucky lol..
  9. Pizacatto - CT Augur

Thanks!!
  10. Ronak Augur

This appears to be a celebration of mass killing light blue cons for days on end. Kinda odd given the current negative view of mass kill light blue con abilities. If you have access to a character with one of these abilities, you too can spend dozens of hours killing thousands of light blue cons in the hopes you get 11 of the shard you need for level 95. If not, well, you're pretty much out of luck.

I'd politely suggest increasing the drop rate of these shards in higher level zones by about 1500%. You can decrease the Halloween ornament drops by the same amount, and they will be about even then.
    Careth likes this.
  11. Xslia Elder

12. Careth New Member

I hope someone is looking at this. The drop rate is abysmal, I really have no other words than this. I calculated today that at our current drop rate, my fellowship would need approximately 6 months of 8 hour day farming to obtain enough shards for all of us. Should the quest have started in January?
  13. Tobynn Augur

Beta & the Pre-quest. Both limited time availability and concurrent time sinks. At least the people opting to spend time exploring/testing in Beta understand the end result (fun, information, tuned content with reduced bugs, running start when RoF goes live, etc.). The people opting to grindfest shard faction have no clue what the end result will be -- at this point, its just a mindless pursuit of an unknown faction for unknown reasons.

And why do we chase the unknown? Because we are aware it is limited time availability, and like all other expansion pre-release events/quests, we can do it now, or we can do it never.

Thanks so much for the lovely options. Perhaps I will pop on over to beta once I gather another 58 shards, enough to cover me and my two boxes. No rush on beta invites though, apparently I will be farming shards for several more weeks. Should be finished shard farming just about Nov 28.
    Vuncar likes this.
  14. Uxtalzon Augur

Sorry, I'm too busy dropping the dozens of head ornaments I've been looting in search of shards. You should just flirt with a ranger and hang out near Feerrott Dream temple area and loot corpse scraps from the mountains they leave behind, you'd probably have more luck there (unless you ARE a ranger - then why aren't you farming temple?! OMG) Alternatively, you can go to some high-populated leveling zones (hotzones, for example) and offer to buy them cheaply, then shroud down to turn in.

Seems that because rangers or some class can do something above and beyond exceptionally well, the drop rate was geared towards that. Woe be to the lone cleric in their never-ending search.. *remove hat/helm, bows head*
  15. Leerah Augur

You're right about the stupid head ornaments. They got old the first 6 hours.

But you flirted with me BEFORE you knew I had a ranger or two. In fact, you must believe all females on the server have rangers! :rolleyes:

*.Lee and Tunary of Povar
  16. Rainbowdash Augur

Uxt flirts with everyone. He's almost as bad as me. :p
  17. Cakeny Augur

What shards?
  18. Shang Augur

Get their priorities straight?

Their priority is: Money -> Everything else.

Whether that is bad, is to be decided.
    Leerah likes this.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

The cute thing here is I got all my shards from a warrior last night having turned up empty handed on all my runs through CoB, Agrath, and Feerrott.