SOE Live Attendees to Receive Special Loot Card!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Torriadore Elder

There's some kind of bug with the illusion, sometimes it doesn't produce an illusion but still gives out the 2 hour cooldown. (I had no illusion buffs on at the time of the click). My best guess is that this occurs when the illusion attempts to produce one of the bigger god models but you are in a confined (indoor) space. Anyone who owns an aspect of the brood is familiar with this error.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The Erollisi illusion is the best. It performs all of the social emotes/animations (e.g. /dance, /cheer, /plead, etc).

The 30 minute duration is a huge improvement and has saved the item. 10 minutes was so paltry - worthy of a refund if kept at 10 minutes.

2 hour reuse still diminishes the charm of the item.

General reception has been positive and a good conversation piece. No overreactions (immersion-breaking or jealousy) so far.

I think making the illusion timer freeze in PoK/GL would bring the item up a notch.

Hoping the second item is actually a mercenary contract or regular illusion for something more permanent.
  3. OldCa61 Augur

Who is going to post pics of them in the new clicky mode (God Mode)

Also, did anyone get their code for the ancient gods yet?
  4. SpamFactory Augur

The issue I have with this second consolation prize item is it's not going to please everyone regardless of what it is. The people who bought tickets for the guise knew what they were getting and all those people bought tickets because they liked (or thought they would like) the guise. this second item isn't what people signed up for so there will be a divide in the opinion on whether it's good or not and makes up for being misled about the guise.

in my view the second item needs to be similar to what the guise should have been. so I would personally prefer an unrestricted illusion item that cycles through various old school non-god npc models. Some people might not share this opinion, and to me that's going to be the problem unless the 2nd item turns out of be something universally and objectively awesome
  5. CaptAmazing Augur

I'm curious, when these illusions go on sale for SC eventually, will the recast timer be removed from our item?
  6. Kelandi Elder

Thanks for increasing the spell, errr song, duration from 10min to 30. Not a huge change but a welcomed one.

Now I feel so godly for the entire duration of my daily Lessons burn. :p
  7. Sancho Elder

Probably not intentional but with permanent illusion AA mine is lasting about 16 hours or so. It doesn't persist through zoning though. Probably reeeeal low on the bug list right?
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It shows 16 hours but it is hard capped at 30 minutes (even with Master of Disguise + Guild Lobby freeze). I too was hoping for the 16 hours (short term buff) like Dry Bone Illusion cast by Mummy King familiar.
  9. OldCa61 Augur

Did anyone get their code for the God clicky and the other party gifts? I haven't got anything, and I signed up for Fan Faire back in May ?
  10. Sancho Elder

Yeah just confirmed that =/.
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I received both of my codes by email on 22 August at 1 PM PDT - corroborated by others as well. Check your Spam/Junk folder? Correct email spelling on your ticket? Day Pass or Premium Pass (no Evening Pass)? If you are missing a second code - I believe there was a one code per email rule.

I would private message Roshen or Ashlanne; email: soelive.soe.sony.com; post on SOE Live boards (soe.com -> Forums -> SOE LIVE); or call CS.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

I doubt they ever go for sale, or anytime soon at least. Plenty of beta items and fan faire items that never have been obtainable that way.
  13. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

Just remove the restrictions, let the people who paid for it get what they paid for, if its so sacred then don't sell them again after this. but we paid for these ones already.
    Breaknek The Bouncer likes this.
  14. OldCa61 Augur

Not sure about SC, but they are some on eBay right now
  15. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

With the exception of Tunare and Innoruuk, the illusions are not immersion-breaking.

Cazic Thule - Old Earth Elemental
    Erollisi - Valentine Puppet
    Tribunal - Guy with Bare Arms
    Solusek Ro - Oversized Cloak
    Rallos Zek - Mini Avatar of War?
    Bristlebane - Chaotic Jester?

They should consider removing the restrictions entirely. Players associate the Gods more often with the PoP models.

Though, I really like the cuteness of old world models and hope to see more illusion items with old world models. Maybe, the second SOE Live item could be an old world model illusion as suggested by posters above.
  16. Fendy Augur

SOE is worried that we won't look up to the gods if we are able to look like them at a whim. But it's kind of hard to look up to them when they're 20 or more levels below us and we can kill them on a whim. I think they are making much ado about nothing.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  17. Girlfriend Lorekeeper

At this point, I'm beginning to feel like a fool. Or a mark.

- Did you know that nearly every class in the game has been nerfed in the last year? (I'm a Mage... and forget about the pets but I can graphically show you (with over a year's worth of parses) how they 'flattened' our nuke DPS significantly.) Now again, forget I'm a Mage and look at your class over the last year or so.

- I've played so long (15 years) I bought CoTF on good faith. The only good faith expended was by me, in trusting Sony. Not a poor-man's LDoN but more of a death's bed LDoN. Some of the zones are fun - I won't lie about that. But of course I can no longer molo. Growl.

Did I bring up my pet? I took my pet into Chapterhouse with the top focus from THAT expansion and watched him eaten by blues. /cry

But enough about my pet and the general lost of trust. I paid 70 bucks for the illusion and yeah, I know.. nothing to get too uptight over, right? But no, I'm livid, now.

It is starting to feel like these guys are raising fists in there are and saying gimme your money. Which I've gladly done for 15 years !

And since I used KRONO for the next year they have THAT money, too.

SEEETHE
    Wayylon and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

The overall fallout from CotF has been a good deal of mistrust.
    The fallout over the mis-marketing of this item could not have been timed any worse, were the competition have to have planned it.
    -R
    Gyurika Godofwar and Girlfriend like this.
  19. Girlfriend Lorekeeper

Yeah. Sigh. And you know... the stuff they're working on is weird. DPS all year long (since before May 2013). Then the back-scrambling b/c they didn't have any content.

So, if you don't have a product you promised but wave pretense and "events" up to your consumer population, what is the LOGICAL thing to do?

I know. NERF US MORE. I like it. Uh uh.

When we're lying on the ground drooling, dazed, and confused, toss a trinket on top of our corpse.

Don't forget to charge 70 bucks.

The next thing you know they'll work on something more drastically needed than content - perhaps the loot interface.
    Wayylon and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. NotRumzlug Lorekeeper

Any word on what the second item is going to be?