SOE Live Attendees to Receive Special Loot Card!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Festivus New Member

I just claimed mine. I went to use it for the first time and got the message that it did not take hold. Now it needs a 2 hour refresh before I can try to use it for the first time.
    Pwning likes this.
  2. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey guys,

The Guise of the Ancient Gods will receive a change in the patch tomorrow. It will become a 30 minute illusion (but it still has a two-hour recast time).

The second SOE Live 2014 item will be included in a later patch. Once we have details on the second item to share, we'll certainly do so.
  3. OldCa61 Augur

Thank You Roshen.
  4. Kelandi Elder

Can it be focused for longer duration?
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks Roshen - and the Dev Team - for listening and keeping us updated. A happier customer. Let us know what second item is. Looking forward to pre-ordering one or two Collector Editions of TDS!
    OldCa61 likes this.
  6. Roshen Brand Manager

No. It won't be focusable or extendable through the AA's that some classes have.
  7. Esmeralda Meredydd New Member

People will be running around as gods until the excitement wears off then it will be used just like any other... I mean I have tons of illusions, a few really awesome rare ones... but normally I prefer to look like my character... once and a while I will throw on an illusion... The only one I use a lot is the dragorn for melee.

I just don't get it.

Some people spent big bucks for that illusion. I mean if people started a class action lawsuit they would win hands down.
  8. Esmeralda Meredydd New Member

Why don't you post what this amazing secondary item will be?
    I'm an unsatisfied customer who feels they were taken advantage of... now you are offering something else, and leaving us as uninformed as before.
    I want to know what.
    A 30 minute unfocused duration does nothing to assuage my dissatisfaction.
    A mystery second item, in which to get, I have to redeem the code only makes me more wary.
    Why don't you tell me now so I can be informed [this time] and know if "I" feel it is worth "my" money {before} I type in that code and press Enter.
  9. Donroy Elder

Thanks Roshen. I'm still disappointed but slightly less so... I hope the 2nd prize is worth it... When will those who did not attend Live be able to claim the guise? Will we get a code in our email or will it just appear in the claim window?
  10. Crystilla Augur

Yesterday, mine was the 10 minute duration, 2 hour recast. (Haven't been able to log in today yet)
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

That's good news!!!
    Though it's a shame people don't forsee this continual "one PR mess after another" pattern and put the brakes on it. This means that Marketing and Development need to talk more.
    (Remember CotF with "Powerful New Mercenary Equipment" (tm) in the headlines?)
    It takes a lot of time to "Cleanup isle 5" as opposed to not breaking the jar to begin with.
    -R
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

Someone needs to remind the guys in charge of the purse strings of this... and give us all our Dev's and resources back.
    Somewhere deep in a bean-counting cubicle at SOE, is the guy that keeps telling them that the EQ Player base will migrate to EQ-Next. He's profoundly mistaken.
    1/2 my guild already migrated alright - straight to Star Citizen. :(
    -Rat (The Hall is getting lonlier)
    Esmeralda Meredydd likes this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hi Roshen. Could we get the name and/or type of the second item? Is it an illusion or a mercenary contract? General idea and not details will suffice. I am concerned that if it is a miscellaneous click (i.e. Water Gun, Milk/Cookies Dispenser) the controversy won't be put to rest.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  14. lumin Elder

I was at soe live and it was a good time, the clicky was the last reason to buy the ticket for me, the free next expansion was what pushed me to buy it, what did piss me off was a coke in that place is 4 bucks, we stayed off the strip and were able to eat for around 50 bucks a day (2 of us), on the strip it would be more like 125 per day for food, plus a room at 100 per night. I understand soe sees none of that money but damn it makes the 150 per ticket seem like nothing.
  15. Elricvonclief Augur

Thanks for increasing the duration on the clicky!
  16. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Are the key codes for absentees coming in the email today?!
  17. Trilladar New Member

I bought a 1 Day pass only so I could get the Gods Clicky. Why is the reuse time so bad. I paid 70$ for a clicky i can use at will and click threw the Illusions until i get the one I want to use each time? All other Illusions LoN, SC and such are click as often as you like to use. Why is this limited there is no bonus to Illusion. I have never and will never go to a SOE Live event. I only bought a day pass for a cool clicky and now there is a limit on it to use, that i didn't know about before because the post i saw it on and clicked to buy the day pass didn't say the limits of the clicky. Is there a way to get a refund because this is a total waste of money with the time limit for reuses.
    Girlfriend and Ruinedmyownlands like this.
  18. Crystilla Augur

Call customer service if you want a refund. The forums won't be able to help you with that.
  19. Out_Riding Journeyman

Ok SOE. Shake a leg. August 22nd has arrived. Start sending out the email keys already, so we can claim these g*i*m*p, bait-and-switch illusion clickies that we paid between $60 - $170 to have.
  20. SpamFactory Augur

codes have gone out as of the time of this message. I don't know whether they all went out in 1 batch or if it's being staggered over a period of time, but if you are expecting one check your email now