SoD unlock - are experience rates in new zones intentionally poor?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just wondering, because the new zones do appear to offer very poor rates of experience, it was a whole lot better to level in SoF zones than the new expansion which seems somewhat -backwards to me.

Maybe once you unlock the later zones the exp is better there but so far the earlier SoD zones have truly terrible exp rates.
    Nessirfiti likes this.
  2. Numiko Augur

If you con a lot of mobs in lower level SoD you will a message like "these are easy to kill" even when they con dark blue or higher. The easy to kill mobs were meant to be soloable mobs but they also give reduced exp
    snailish likes this.
  3. Quill Augur

SoD has always been that way. It was never an expansion that people levelled in.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

Oddly I'm getting better xp over time (say a 30min window) soloing weak con mobs in SoD -VS- moloing say worgs in loping planes... So if your group is killing weak con's in SoD thats your issue. As noted those give reduced XP hits and are meant to be killed by people solo. (which is why they only hit for 500s)
  5. Roxas MM Augur

chain pulling in OB is also worse xp then going with the same group to MG in SoF though, which is kinda weird. it is not even a small difference, it's a huge difference. Sadly though, MG gets really really boring.
  6. taliefer Augur

i dunno, i did an absolute ton of grinding in the field area of old blood fields during SoD on Fippy. it was quite good exp. it wasnt on the "weak" mobs tho, was chain pulling the normal mobs from the field area. was never a lack of mobs to kill. was definitely better than anything in SoF zones at the time
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

As Phinigel steps into these later EQ expansions that open up 1000+ AAs each that were designed to last players a full year they really should bump up the EXP rate for the entire server since these expansions will be current for only 2-3 months each.
    snailish likes this.
  8. Quill Augur

Lets not pretend that most of those AA's were needed. Like anything else, people will buy the important ones and move on. If you need max AA to beat content, you aren't that good.

If you want a speed-up server, advocate for that. Regular TLP is what it is. Nobody promised that everyone would be Max AA at the end of every xpac.
  9. snailish Augur

I agree that a global XP bump post the TSS bump that puts progression experience at FV server XP level (might be "had"... Zek and FV had better XP but that may no longer be true. Irregardless it was done/was true) makes sense, particularly on any server doing less than 5 month unlocks (who knows if we ever get a new server with more than 3 month unlocks...).

SoD might be the logical time for that bump. It would be an easy thing to do. Down the road... is Phinny a pay to play live server with special rules? If yes keep the XP bump. If no (merged to another live or just a normal live server) it can always be shut off.
  10. Aegir Augur

Wasn't Old Bloodfields a hotzone during that time?
  11. Goodkitty Augur

The grind xp becomes a problem from here on out (until empires of kunark). I was playing on live a few months back and noticed things like house of thule being garbage xp. To level up on live you had to hit dead hills for the map completion reward for decent xp.

This being said on progression servers they really ought to boost it x2 or x2.5 so we can keep up with the xpacs.
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I never said that players needed to be max AA each expansion. I was merely saying that content, specifically AAs, that was designed to last players a full year is being kept current on progression servers for 25% that duration. Less in some cases.

They should definitely boost EXP to double its current rate. As it stands I think I’ve done levels 82-85 and maybe 40-50 AAs in SoD and in that time I’ve completed the Korafax flag, Bayles Aug and Baron Yosig Skull. So the core progression, and two entire theme collect quest chains. With all that probably 1 whole level came from lesson burns in SoF and 15~ AAs from OMM missions. So doing 2/5 themes entirely and the basic progression chain in the expansion got me roughly 2 levels and 30 AAs. The exp really isn’t great.

Another option would be to modify the autogrants on TLP servers to grant everything but the most current expansion AAs. This way players can focus on their absolutely crucial AA lines like defensive for tanks and healing gift/adept for priests etc while in era and not fall too far behind on the secondary AA lines like stat cap/Regen cap increaser AAs and utility AAs like gate and Levitate type convenience AAs.
  13. Ryak Augur

It's ridiculous. It's particularly galling to combine the significantly worse EXP with the significantly boosted number of AAs coming out.
  14. Frogmancer Augur

SoD's experience rates have always been trash, though. Grind your experience in Fort Mech or Zeka, and farm your gear in SoD.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Old Bloodfields was one of those accidental permanent hotzones that later got fixed, for what it's worth.
  16. Baldur Augur

I still do my lesson burns in BMK or MG, the exp in SoD is trash. It's very disappointing.
  17. taliefer Augur

well. that explains that then~ one more reason to keep server hopping when the one im on gets past the level 80 era. the newest expansion should always be the best place to grind the new levels, kinda silly if its not like that on phinny
  18. axedat New Member

It would be nice if at some point they could take a look at the modifiers. It doesnt make a ton of sense for harder mobs to offer less experience.