Socials on hotbar during spell cast is now broken

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Vibrato, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Vibrato New Member

Make any social, eg /say test
    Place social on any hotbar
    Cast any spell
    during spell cast, click social on hotbar
    error: "You can't use that command right now..."
    After spell cast is done social will activate like normal without error.

Specifically, all emergency /stopsocial /stopcast interrupts cease to function from the hotbar. You can no longer interrupt a nuke to cast a mezz, or interrupt a buff to cast a heal, etc.

Curiously, you can execute commands during spell cast manually from the command line or activated from the Actions>Social form and they still work as normal - only activation from a hotbar during a spell cast do they fail.

Note - Appears BRD are not affected by this, assuming because they have altered mechanics while casting.

Edit: Tested on BST / CLR / ENC / PAL / MAG / SHD so far, some my own toons and others in my guild.
  2. Numzan Augur

I found this thread interesting, as the same applied to my heals on the cleric. /tar Playername /cast 1 heals the players pet while selecting the player. Cast it again and it lands on the player now. Very odd...
  3. Vibrato New Member

are you sure you're not using /tar group x?
    I believe /tar group x will cycle through player and pet and is normal behavior.

eg,
    this will target player:
    /tar self
    /tar group x

this will target the players pet:
    /tar self
    /tar group x
    /tar group x
  4. Elmdor Lorekeeper

This should really be posted on the live update bugs thread if you haven't already
  5. Vibrato New Member

thanks, I wasn't aware of that thread. I've since copied this into that one.