So.. Xp nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Battleaxe Augur

Experience should be based on actual challenge offset by the publisher's desire for players to do or not do the content in question. If Daybreak doesn't want players who have leveled beyond the intended audience to swarm Kaesora Library it's their right to set exp where they want it, make mobs summon, have mobs snare you,...

Daybreak is well aware that left to their own devices players will tend to gravitate to the least effort/greatest reward content. As the GM's/adventure creators they have to decide if what players are doing is stalling in one place and needing to be nudged out of it or not.

Eheh - the first year there was CT Hardcore Heritage experience potions dropped from random mobs (I farmed 60+ soloing). Surely you aren't going to insist Daybreak didn't have the right to change the rewards?
  2. Casidia Augur

At least we have Babbleaxe to entertain people while the game is about to get knocked out, keep up the good work buddy.
    Wayylon likes this.
  3. Battleaxe Augur

When Daybreak posts that older content trivialized by players reaching levels beyond its intended audience should not be better experience than current content designed for players at those levels I tend to listen to reason.

Killing moss snakes in trivial content with your level 100+ characters - sounds legit. Y'all keep tearing down the game because it expects adventurers to be adventuresome and that's not your dealio.
  4. Kellaer Augur

Because level 100+ stuff in ROF is the same as killing level 3 moss snakes. Great analogy.

You've become such a sycophant for SOE (and Daybreak now) ever since Elidroth gave you NTTB. There is no reason involved in that process. Just. Stop. Posting.
  5. Battleaxe Augur

I've always posted in favor of reasonable standards:
    insisted that access to OMM raid quality items should require some raid accomplishments beyond just shrouded Vox and Naggy.

insisted that farming Last Blood augs in 2-3 year old content should not result in near current content quality raid gear.

While at the same time favoring more than just 10ish guilds completing expansions before the next was launched.

Fair is neither highly difficult and exclusive nor least effort/greatest reward that would make my elderly cat blush if that's all he could handle. How about those who can level up just fine with their level 100- characters in level 100- content and 100+ characters in level 100+ content just...stop....posting and try playing EQ for reals.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just as its Daybreaks right do do all the things you don't like too Battleaxe. :) And as players it is our right to disagree with some of what Daybreak does. *shrugs*
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It should be more experience then it currently is. Maybe not GOOD experience but far more then it is currently :)
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How about you stop posting or even better post and acknowledge that your opinions aren't any more valid then anyone elses? And if the mobs con dark blue to a 105 the mob is obviously 101+ content. *shrugs* I don't make the rules Daybreak does.
  9. Battleaxe Augur

/shug

I don't know that it must be measurable experience. After all if you can swarm the mobs they ain't exactly dangerous.

But hey, if you find it necessary to get all sad for a level 105 box team swarming mobs in Shroud's Landing (lol) go to it :)

My opinions are valid IF (and only if) Daybreak agrees with them - same as your opinions. That's how da rules work when someone else writes the rulebook. If Daybreak says you don't get experience swarming mobs with a level 105 box team in SL then you don't. Iirc they decided tablets didn't drop from Alarians in the first zone they appeared in - too trivial. They make da rules.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually no. Our opinions are valid whether Daybreak agrees with them or not. For that matter your opinions are valid whether Daybreak agrees with them or not.

Contrary to what some may think here Daybreak is not God. It is just a game company. They do things in the game you like and things you don't like. That doesn't make them perfect. It just means that sometimes they do things players don't like. A number of player do not like the excessive exp nerf they recenetly pulled with RoF and prior content for level 101+ characters. In my opinion the nerf is excessive. In your opinion it is not. In my opinion EQ should not FORCE people into the latest content by changing how they have done things for the last 15 years. In your opinion they should.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Battleaxe Augur

Opinions are just opinions.

Opinion - the sky is pink
    Daybreak/EQ "law" - in EQ the sky is blue

Daybreak is just the decider if for the purposes of making a rule an opinion has validity.

In my opinion Daybreak should encourage players through a combination of disincentives (sticks) and incentives (carrots) to play in level appropriate content. No one is FORCED to do anything. That's merely using inflammatory language because you can not win the basic argument.

To wit - its perfectly legitimate to encourage players to do what you want them to do by using a combination of incentives and disincentives.
  12. Tvex New Member

You guys crack me up. You actually think the exp nerf had anything to do with the content challenge or pushing people to the new stuff? No it was marketing. Think about it what better way to get people to buy the expansion? Nerf exp for people with it and segment them from the free players. Oh you want to play with your friends or your free 2 play box well you better buy the expac because the only place they get exp is the two pay expansions.

I know it's hard for you raid guys to understand but us filthy casual players like to complete old group content. I worked through underfoot and Hot after Rof was released. There are some really cool zones and missions I would have completely missed out on otherwise. Sure grinding in shards would have been better exp but progression through these expansions provided decent exp and a lot of fun. I am about half way done with RoF progression and at this point the exp nerf has killed my Everquest itch.

Oh well that's 240$ in expansions and $90 a month I can go do something else with. I had hoped by now they would have done away with the nerf or at least removed it from the second half of Rof. Oh well maybe The next expac unless the Russian mob decides eq isn't profitable enough and shuts it down.
  13. Battleaxe Augur

I know it's hard for you non-raiders to understand but many raiders like to complete old content too. Just the other day I completed two achievements and got absolutely nothing for them except 10 points. That was fair though since they are not level appropriate and shouldn't provide rewards.

On the other hand I also did some level appropriate tasks in TDS one day last week. Got 2 very nice augs a Geosomething orb, and 20-30AA's. Kinda nice to have an itch and the determination to scratch it.
  14. Harabakc Augur

Congrats man, welcome to being exactly the kind of customer they need. No matter how bone headed a decision they make, you'll come down to the forums and defend them, go go determination!
  15. Battleaxe Augur

I buy a bike I ride a bike. I don't sit on the floor tearful because it's got two wheels and three is easier. All of the TDS candidates are level 100+. Normal content should not be unposible!
  16. Harabakc Augur

Call it tears all you want, some of us place a higher value on our money and time. And choose not to spend either one playing a game that's making this kind of decisions and expects us to continue to spend money for less and less content.

If that's what you need to tell yourself to feel ok about your choices then so be it.
  17. Battleaxe Augur

If you aren't in TDS you choose to settle for less content. Have you completed it? No? Then sir your not enough content argument when applied to your case is bogus. If that's what you need to tell yourself...
  18. Harabakc Augur

And while we're at it, I'll sell you a bike. But when I start taking links out of the chain, remove bolts, remove padding from the seat and any other number of choices I deem fit and you don't care to do something or say something about it, well that's on you.
  19. Battleaxe Augur

They sold you a perfectly good bike. I've seen any number of non-raiders riding it.
  20. Harabakc Augur

Don't forget, you didn't buy a bike. You bought a license to ride a bike, and I can change the bike any way I see fit any time I want. But you're exactly the kind of customer I want, I can screw around with it all I like, make it as annoying as I so choose, and you'll keep right on going and defend me against other people who take issue with how I've modified their bikes.

But you see, there's this grand thing called the internet. There are literally dozens of games I can play out there that cost me absolutely nothing. I can try out any number of those as much as I want. I can pick and choose who I spend money with, I can support those who make decisions I support. So no, I'm not settling for any less content. What I don't have to do, is support Sony/Daybreak/whatever the hell they want to call themselves for running a game in a way I do not support.

At some point that could change, but instead of changing for the better it's been getting progressively worse for months. At least they make the decision easy.