So why exactly???

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by AnzoRagespirit, Sep 25, 2017.

1. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Mainly a question for the devs but I dunno if they'll answer here but...why can Shared Merciless Ferocity not be massed???people say it's cause it's a short duration buff but 25 mins is longer than most raid events. And going through different groups just takes un-nessisary time for a buff that should be massed. I get that all classes don't need it, and that's fine but even mages ask for it for their pet. So again can someone explain to me why this isn't a thing???
  2. Duhbeast Augur

So that you can form a bond with the other beasties, and decide to split evens/odd groups to ferocity, or maybe 123 456 789 if 3 beasts. It use to be worse, WAY worse.
  3. fransisco Augur

because buffing every group after every wipe is fun!
  4. Puzzling Journeyman

I've met a few BL's that believe it is MGBable, because it's a "purple gem".

So they blindly hit MGB or TB and cast it, and then laugh if you missed it.

Like ^^^^ said, if you're just now realizing that this is an annoyance. You really missed out on the good times before the recast was hastened.

I'm sure if you dig far enough on the forums, this has always been something the class wanted changed, but hey... look at GBA illusion buff blocking, it only took a few years to get that fixed. Maybe fero is right around the corner, in say 2025? Err, maybe 2055 since "it is working as intended, and not actually broken" (<---truth, not sarcasm)
  5. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Oh I was around for all of this and yes it was way worse. The only issue is like Duhbeast said having a couple more bsta would be so bad but on average we're lucky to have 2 bsts on. And the really crappy part is cause I have such a short name (Anzo) people literally have hot buttons to just send me a tell...it's more less a quality of life change that would be less of an annoyance :p
  6. Thraine Augur

rangers have had a buff like this for a while now too (Copsestalkers Enrichment) and most rangers that ive meet agree that buffing group by group is annoying and unnecessary as well.
  7. Stubar Augur

I actually spoke to Elidroth face to face at sony live 2013 about being able to mass Fero....I think the exact words were..."Never.....nope...never ever". I asked again during the open mike session and got the same answer. Things may be different now with him gone. Couldn't hurt to ask for the next expansion.
  8. Stubar Augur

My solution to this problem was I asked the raid leader for a heads up for heads up a few minutes before engage. I then hit the the groups in order of dps produced and worked my way down the list to the slackers and cry babies. Ohhhh, and always asked Savager before I hit his group.....ALWAYS (miss you btw!). During an event if the death toll mounted I would evaluate the tells I got asking for it in the same manner, as well as taking into account how busy I was with RF, SE rebuffs, MGB paragon and T-paragon. When a second beast was added to the roster, we communicated in the beast channel who took priority using the same system.

Over a long period of time you actually get pretty proficient at /rt /assist and can buff a group fully without hurting your dps too much. The only time it would be a big hassle is if you got a quick tell before you /rt the person you wanted to hit originally.

I still remember the day it was announced it would be a group buff instead of single target. I think I actually peed myself a little bit I was so happy.