So..Who's Staying on Mangler?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLP Addict, May 12, 2020.

1. TLP Addict Augur

I see lot's of talk from people that are sick and tired of doing the Classic-Velious run yet again. But will they be able to resist the temptation if some friends/guildies make the jump?

I feel like this server could be like Phinny and maintain a strong raiding/grouping population going into the GoD and beyond expansions with numerous guilds clearing content.

So who's looking forward to sticking around and seeing the content they always miss by following the herd to the new FoTM servers?
  2. Machen New Member

Sorry, Phinny didn't start with players who already rerolled 3x and therefore showed a distinct propensity to not stick it out long term. Your attrition rate on Mangler already vastly exceeds what Phinny saw in the same eras.

Edit to add -- Phinnyprogress.com reports the same number of guilds completing in era content in PoP as in Luclin. Mangler shows a ~13% decline. At current rates Mangler will run out of guilds completely by VoA.
    Ayoheee and Skuz like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

4. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I would take manglerprogress with a large grain of salt, those 'missing' guilds are generally still there and at least one I know off the top of my head is in Time. The site was very flaky for a long stretch and I know my own guild just considered abandoning it so I'm sure others may have as well. There's also more guilds on there clearing Time than there are who cleared VT.
  5. Zansobar Augur

There's always a few die-hard guilds that try to tough it out and stay on older TLP servers. They usually backfill the exodus of membership with numerous boxes, or merge with other piecemeal guilds. I'm sure Mangler will be no different in that regard.
  6. Ultrazen Augur

EQ has a built in self destruct because of the time it takes to catch characters up once you pass a certain point, that's usually around PoP. I am quite sure they don't care though, as new TLPs has proven to be the cash cow.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You're on the money with this.

I along with several others have proposed measures to address that very thing but it's anybody's guess how likely it is we will ever see them become part of the TLP package.

For example:

51/50 available for Gates of Discord unlock
    70+AA up to OoW available for SoD
    85 Heroic available for VoA
    100 Heroic available for RoS
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Nope say goodbye to 50% of the population in 30 days after the new server(s) hit.
  9. Bullsnooze Augur

I wouldn't. Aside from the rough average of 2-4 guilds that it's missing, its a really good indicator of what happens on the expansion with every expansion release.