So which guilds and on which servers was this?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Herf, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Herf Augur

https://pastebin.com/DSPXxrg0
    Since that conversation seemed to drive the development of Aradune and Rizlona, I'm curious which guilds, and perhaps of more interest, on which servers, the members of this private focus group came from? I don't particularly care about which individuals were involved.

In general I'm not a fan of a subset of a population getting to make big choices that affect the overall population. But in this case the results were just so bizarre, I'm baffled rather than upset :) And curious.
    KimchiGoddess and Duder like this.
  2. taliefer Augur

it may have been a legion of twisted individuals, hiding in the shadows of an asylum, where a few gangsters were committed.
    Jenarie and Noreaster like this.
  3. Fraggly Augur

I think it stands to reason that anyone playing on a TLP that doesn't want their game to completely die would be happy right now. Mangler keeps mangling without the habitual re-rollers, Ragefire doesn't run down to 0 because the people there do not want to just play until LDoN even if it means AoC's when they mattered and not dealing with 4+ month clear/voting unlocks.

The input was skewed IMO because they drew on the opinions of a small crowd already established on other servers. I'd believe the members of this "focus group" are all happy right now.
  4. Herf Augur

Let me clarify: I'm not interested in blaming anyone for anything. I'm just trying to understand who was solicited for opinions so I can understand how they came to what's on offer. Call it morbid curiosity.

None of it really affects me since I'm extremely unlikely to be on either of the two new servers.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

They ignored the vast majority of suggestions so it doesn't matter who was involved.
    Mashef and Tucoh like this.
  6. Herf Augur

What suggestions did they ignore, from that conversation (not from ForumQuest.)
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Look at what they announced for the rulesets. Read the pastebin. I'm sure you can put it together yourself.
    Noreaster likes this.
  8. Protagonist Tank

9. sauron69 Lorekeeper

This always confuses me....the chronic rerollers quit regardless. It's not like theyre staying till TSS or something so whats the difference?
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It was more likely a group of individuals that seemingly have no face.
    Herf likes this.
  11. jeskola pheerie

I hear next week they are holding a focus group chat with that one guy who wants a PVP server.
  12. suineg Lorekeeper

There were people from a lot of different TLP guilds and live ones. Some people were more vocal prior to the actual meeting.

Those names are not all accurate at all because the last 4 on a discord handle is recycled very often. That person just guessed based on official discord handles but in no way is it even 50% accurate.
  13. Vicus Augur

So I know almost all the names in the ?? section and while I love two of the people, there is a reason that surveys to the masses need to be sent out vice acting off the voices of a few. Many of the guild leaders are just a face of the guild, their raid leaders are the ones actually pushing the guild through to progression and making them as successful as they are. Heck two of the people in that focus group are hard drug users. One of them use to disappear for weeks and randomly show back up mid progression like nothing ever happen (still totally blasted of course). The raid leaders are the ones that kept the train moving.

Also these same people are the ones that when Gm's stepped in to organize rotations that they backstabbed each other left and right as often as they could. They would agree on rotations (in player ran focus groups) then tell everyone in the guild at the same time "we won't be following this stupid rotation." This focus group was probably made just because DPG's had their leftover list from the GL rotations. In my experience raiding hardcore, the GL's care about their guild and their guild only. These are the people who are going to speak for the masses?

With that said I thought they did a good job, I think getting everyone in the same room made everyone contain their full thoughts as it was apparent that many of them just wanted to butter up Holly. One of the members was serious and you could tell they took the focus group that way as they were trying to keep everyone on track, even when Holly was going off on her Roleplaying sidebars.

But EQ is in a sad state when to be considered an expert you just have to have a guild tag and what's worse is that they wasted everyone's time with this focus group because they took 5% of the info and did something useful with it.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  14. Whoops Augur

I applaud the attempt, but the implementation is lacking, imo.
  15. Maneuvre Augur

Too late. That's why Aradune was POP/LDoN locked... well up until 30 minutes ago.

[IMG]
  16. Dailor Augur

Here are some "in no way even 50% accurate" names.

#7716 - Suineg
    #2651 - ChicagoMedic
    #4103 - Bobbybick
    #0384 - Boshe
    #1993 - BarfJello
    #4686 - Dstufft
    #8740 - Sieger

#0675 - Thraka
    #7398 - Raabe
    #9008 - Sic

BUT WHO IS THE MYSTERIOUS #6794?!
  17. Herf Augur

Well given the announced changes about the 2 new servers...delete my question :)
  18. suineg Lorekeeper

Still have some of those wrong but you keep doing you, nobody is going to stop you and you aren't hurting anyone by doing so. I know you think you are a pulitzer prize winning journalist here with an expose but nobody really cares.
  19. Dailor Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz and suineg like this.
  20. Mashef Augur

That was painful to read. A lot of good ideas have been overlooked and most weren't even mentioned. FV loot would be disastrous so kudos on getting that shot down basically forever.