So what's end game like?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Soronus, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Soronus Journeyman

I'm out in Northern Ro for about 4 hours looking for 3 spiders now. I dig it; old school ideas, placeholder mobs you need to zam to discover connections. No worries. The world feels alive, even if I'm the only one in the desert.

How about 22 expansions later? Are quest drop rates still abysmal at times? Have drop rates been more generous in keeping up with the times?

I've read a few topics about supposed "macro questers". Do these individuals severely impede quest progress?
  2. Tucoh Augur

Answer depends on what you mean endgame.

I think for some people whose characters are pretty much decked out in everything they can get and/or care to do, their endgame mostly consists of logging in for two raid nights, one-shotting all the content and possibly spending their DKP on gearing their alt. This isn't so much true right now since most end-game guilds are still progressing, but will become increasingly true over the next few months.

If you're talking about a semi-fresh level 105, your endgame consists of named hunting in EoK for specific drops, grinding AAs, doing progression in the last few expansions for the heroic AAs/trophy's, doing misc quests/achievements (epic, tears of alaris, breakdown in communication etc).

In general the game is much kinder and faster paced than it was when I had to sit down and let my health regenerate after killing a spider in NRo. Macro questers don't really impede progress, there just aren't that many (On Bristlebane at least) and if you run into a botting group you can pretty much ignore them.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  3. Soronus Journeyman

Okay, thank you very much!