So, what would you like a TLP server to look like?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kiani, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Kiani Augur

Just out of curiosity really - what would your ideal TLP look like, in terms of:
    - expansion unlock times
    - multi-box, true box, no box
    - boss timers
    - instanced raids or not
    - anything else you can think of

This is not to start arguments about what is right or wrong about any existing servers, and obviously there won't be any new servers coming soon, just to start a discussion about . :)
  2. Healiez Augur

3 month unlocks that start once the raid trigger are complete.
    Instances content so everyone can enjoy classic raiding. You can say I love the race all you want but for 95% of people what they "actually" mean is, I enjoy having pixels no one else does and want to keep other people from having those same pixels.
    No MotM after kunark
    Actually policing of the servers
    Boxing allowed but limited to 2-3 per pc. Boxing isn't a bad thing if it's kept in moderation, however one person claiming a camp/raid target with their 6-12 toons is.
  3. FarHelm1 Elder

What I would like to see however is perhaps yet another server. I'd be willing to shell out just shy of $50 for a monthly sub to a legends type server with the following:
    * No box
    * No hacks
    * Raid instancing
    * 96 hour raid lockouts
    * 2-3x raid loot drops per kill
    * Easier keying requirements
    * Enhanced GM support (play nice policy enforcement)
    * Weekly GM events
    * 3-4 month no vote expansions
    * Exp rate slightly higher than Phini (an additional 25%), AA EXP 150% increased
    * 100% EXP potions in store

Additional ideas:
    * FV type loot system where most items are tradable
    * Mercenaries (that are sucky and expensive, but fill a gap not overpowered like live)
    * Auction house at start
  4. frankie78227 Augur

-Enforced PnP with box armies outlawed. More than 1 group is too many.
    -Raid Instancing with reduced lockout timers.
    -No Cheat software
    -No Krono (wouldn't matter if they limited the number of times krono could change hands)
    -Change true-box to 2 accts per pc
    -No boss buff
    -4 month expac timers - auto open
    -Level cap at 70 with the option to xfer off after capping.
    -Remove keying requirements to allow instanced raiding and prevent blocking.
  5. Silentchaos Augur

- 2 month unlocks
    - true box code
    - boss timers I don't care
    - everything instanced
    - Instanced group content too, faster XP rate than phinigel, no votes.
  6. Rhiyannon Augur

PNP
    I get why they aren't doing it, but it really made me rethink paying a sub after seeing what is happening since the removal just before ragefire opened.

box limit 2
    no matter which type they use(true box or allow on same pc) without this limit, I'm not even remotely interested, this is the main reason I moved to phinny

3-4 month non-vote unlocks(longer for certain expacs)
    put in votes... yeah nope, never again, unlock timers are just as bad

raid instancing
    no more mega guild monopolies, we see how that went

no kronos
    you want to buy/sell/trade? do it on another server and take your chances, it messes with the economies on these type of servers.

no MoTM
    this one has a qualifier: if the server has the pets nerfed like on phinny, it's not needed, if they're like they were on rage/lock then yes keep it.

better xp rates
    no, I don't like the phinny rates, I was hoping for a slightly better 30% improvement, not what we got. I'm living with it, because I want to play. with faster unlocks, slower xp makes it into more of a grind, too much grind isn't fun to a lot of players. in my personal situation it sucks,(disabled) but I do understand the game isn't going to be tailored just to me.
  7. Tulgin Augur

I was pro box before Phinny, on Live / LJ I boxed a full group.

But now I love not boxing, I only did it because I had to to be as powerful as other boxers. Now I hate even seeing 2 boxers, especially on raids.

- No Boxing (not even true box)
    - No Hacks
    - 3 Month Auto Unlock, no vote, no kills required
    - Adjust Unlock depending on expansion, maybe 4 or 5 months for PoP etc
    - Raid Instancing
    - Increase raid loot drops
    - Higher XP than Phinny, maybe another 25% added on, I don't mind slow grind, just not with 3 month unlock.
    - Remove open world raid spawns, all that does is give 1 guild 3x the loot. Pointless. Or increase respawn timer to 6 or 7 days.
    - Reduce Raid Lockout to 3.5 days
    - No keys required for any zone
    - Raid Scaling (Useful later on when population declines)
    - Ability to chose raid difficulty, will provide some competition so 'good' guilds can achieve something. At the moment on Phinny there's no top guild, no competition, so hardcore players will get bored eventually.
    - No epic quest spawn timers longer than 24 minutes. 24 hour respawn timers? lol, no.
    - GM's / Guides
    - Extended Target windows
    - Clicking from Inventory
    - Bandolier