So, what expansion is Fippy on?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Qenduven, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Qenduven Elder

Yesterday I rolled a toon on Fippy, hoping I could still have a bit of fun before the server blew past PoP and mercs started to destroy the game again.

Im embarrassed to say that it took me until level 12 to realize that PoP had come and gone and that there were a bunch of 70's walking around with OoW gear. Apparently the progression timeline is broken.

Can anyone tell me how recently OoW was unlocked? And to those close to the server, what are your opinions on the rate the next expansions will be unlocked? Should I even attempt to catch up, or is this server only a couple months away from being like the rest?

Thanks!
  2. Falos Augur

It's a shame that a bunch of trolls killed the server by voting for the server to progress past Planes of Power... I guess trolls exist in everygame though.
  3. Qenduven Elder

Trolls exist everywhere in life. Especially in games.

To be fair, I never would have expected the server to stay at PoP forever. Just very sad I missed that era of Fippy altogether. Damn my old job for no letting me have any free time.

I guess theres always EQMac. I'm kind of skeptical about it for some reason though.
  4. RekMMO Lorekeeper

OoW was unlocked around early September. The vote should happen sometime next month and if it passes the next expansion will probably be open by December.

As for your attempt to catch up, I'd say it depends on what you want to do. If it's your goal to join the top raiding guild, you might wanna bow out. If you want to raid, you'll need 100+ AA's. And certain guilds will want you well geared. If you're an exceptional player who can level/gear up quickly, go for it. If you just want to join a fun guild and do some grouping and such, go for it.
  5. RekMMO Lorekeeper

I really wish SOE would take the timeline's off their website. You're proof that it's just causing confusion.
  6. Qenduven Elder

Fair points on both. December is far too soon for me. I think I will just take a day to cry myself to sleep over missing the good days and move onto the next thing. And they should definitely take the timelines off, or at least put a disclaimer somewhere. I thought it was to good to be true that Fippy was still on PoP and probably should have suspected that something was up.

Given the lack of time and effort SOE seems to be putting into the current TLP's, I'm guessing new ones anytime soon are definitely out of the question. Sigh -- I feel like I've been stuck praying for the perfect progression server for the past 7 years and it just never happened. EQMac seems promising so far but the population definitely isn't what I'd call "healthy."
  7. Mhad Lorekeeper

Even though DoN is about to go live there is still missing content , *cough* veeshans peaks revamp *cough*.

This server has been notorious about passing a vote the 1st time around with large guilds racing to the next expansion faster than they can gear their toons. The one time a vote actually failed all we got were weeks of crying and complaining about how some loser took a week off from work in anticipation of the next expansion going live and therefore it should be pushed out anyway. I was lucky enough to start just before Kunark and stayed with it even though my favorite expansions were Luclin/PoP. I knew that if I waited around until the timeline said Luclin was active that I would have missed it all.

Fippy is still a nice place to play for nostalgia if you avoid the guilds racing to the bitter end. I for one have found a very friendly guild that shares my progression mind set and I plan to be here a while. I might even stay for more expansions than I did on my old server ... (Innoruuk)
  8. Qenduven Elder

Yeah I definitely missed that boat. Around Kunark/Velious probably would have been the right time for me to join.

On a side note, I just started on Al Kabor (EQMac) yesterday. Let me tell you, it is a dream come true. It is like being transported back to 2002. Of course, some bad comes with the good. I've been reminded that a lot of the UI and features that I took for granted (Maps, 3rd person view) came long after 2002. But I guess thats part of what makes it special.
  9. Tallor Lorekeeper

The only one missing the boat here is SOE. Missing a boatload of several million players with their approach of alienating everyone but the top 1% of players. For EQ Next, SOE really does need to target a different audience. The millions of latent EQ players have likely exhausted their patience.
  10. Cakeny Augur

I don't think EQ even had 1 million at peak.
  11. Aildyen_MP Lorekeeper

You can still join and experience PoP raiding. Several guilds are doing PoP and often have pick up raids.
  12. Tallor Lorekeeper

Smed himself said over five million people have played EQ. I believe that was before FTP.
  13. Yemeth New Member

At its peak, there where probably around 1 million players , but that was like 7 years ago.

Given that this game is 13 years old and lots of players has tested it over the years, 5 million players might have tried it though.

But then again, how did he come to this figure? By counting the accounts ? A vast number of players are boxing and has been doing that for ages.
  14. Tallor Lorekeeper

I would imagine by querying the billing database for unique names.
  15. SALTDOG Lorekeeper

This is exactly why we need a "Classic" progression server.