so they took away clicky aggro

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by curious2, Sep 17, 2020.

1. curious2 Lorekeeper

instead of just fixing the boss code to AE when target was not in LoS

i rather liked the clicky aggro (buffs are supposed to provide a little aggro) for group content
    it helped to maintain knight mana or add to warrior's aggro
  2. Gnothappening Augur

Wait what? I didn't see anything in the notes about clicky aggro. Do you have a link?
  3. nagash101 Augur

Did they sneak that in? That sucks, i just got a few buff clickies just for the aggro generation. That really sucks.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

That would be unfortunate rather than just penalizing obvious exploiting. Yikes...
  5. Hamshire Augur

Yea this is pretty bad, even Midnight Mallet (Walking Sleep) and Bladestopper (Rune IV) no longer generate any aggro which as a warrior id use in clutch situations.
  6. Synk Journeyman

I don't get why they didn't just nerf the recast time on these instant cast items. Like they nerfed shield of the immaculate already like that, it has a 1.5 sec recast. All the other literal instant cast items should get the same change, problem fixed without unilaterally messing up buff aggro across the entire game?
  7. Aneuren Tempered Steel

If true, completely unnecessary, and I am genuinely curious how these "priorities" are being identified.

There are actual broken things that need fixing.
  8. Synk Journeyman

Getting reports from a few people that aggro in general isn't working correctly now. Taunt isn't getting threat anymore. Someone in guild tried Naggy and the tanks just could not hold aggro over even a single heal with a fearless epic'd war going ham on the boss.
  9. Srobria New Member

10. Sturmx Lorekeeper

Good Job. Threat is already trash in early expansions. Ruining Midnight Mallet and Bladestopper as some blanket fix because of instant clicky buffs is idiotic. Do people actually play the game there? Keep funneling these great changes that you have over the past couple years.. Eventually you'll kill this game that's lasted 21 years.
  11. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

They nerfed Midnight Mallet and Bladestopper some time prior to Aradune launch, so that one isn't new as it has generated 0 aggro all of this server. Also the way that person did their aggro testing with taunt in that bug report is doing it wrong.

That all being said, after some testing, clickie aggro does still work however they have taken it off of some items like jboots for example. There are still several clickie items that are generating a ton of aggro as they normally did.
  12. Synk Journeyman

Spiroc Blade and Blazing Vambraces generate 0 aggro now and for sure generated a ton prior to this patch. I've done a lot of testing of both on several fights.

We also killed Sev today with no issues but then Naggy & Vox basically had completely borked aggro (just fighting both straight up). I've also seen taunt just doing nothing, it is not normal for taunt to say "you already have your targets attention" and for the mob to not be attacking you lol.
  13. Hamshire Augur

People kept telling me this so I personally tested Midnight Mallet before Kunark launch and it took six Clinging Darknesses to pull off the five charges. I did not test Bladestopper butttttt who cares cuz they are for sure zero aggro now!
  14. curious2 Lorekeeper

bracer of the hidden and shrunken goblin earring dont generate aggro either

so what clickies are working ? non-instant ones ?
  15. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

When we tested it in both classic and kunark, midnight mallet couldn't even pull off of proximity aggro.
  16. Hamshire Augur

Blazing Bacer of Fennin Ro (4sec cast) generates aggro
  17. Synk Journeyman

@Hamshire that's a totally different mechanic than what we're discussing (it's a nuke). We're talking about buff aggro and taunt not working correctly.
  18. Runes Augur

Ok I am going to bring up something here that is not going to be popular with a lot of people. I have seen the jboots aggro method and always thought that was a broken benefit. I mean why should a self buff that has no heal component generate any aggro at all? If that's the case, then all of the stat, ac and hp buffs thrown on tanks should generate a lot more aggro on the caster if done during a fight?

Heals, certain debuffs, taunts, nukes, AA's and other components that directly affect the mob should always impact aggro but throwing on a sow on your self or a sight buff, never seemed right to me to have an aggro component.

Yeah it sucks that it was an item fixed now, when there are a lot of other more major items to deal with, but removing the aggro from a vicarious self buff, is not a bad thing.

They do need to fix the broken taunt component that people are reporting, and also need to boost warrior taunt specifically, that is next to useless in Classic, and the reason warriors had to rely on these other creative ways to keep aggro.
    minimind likes this.
  19. Synk Journeyman

Yea I agree the wall tank strat needed to be nerfed 100%, the way they nerfed it though makes no sense (nerfing weapons and augs with rune procs for example). Just put a small cool down on all of the instant click buff items in classic and kunark and the issue is fixed (it's irrelevant after Kunark or maybe Velious), no reason to tinker with something that has such massive game wide implications.
  20. Gnothappening Augur

Wait, so weapon procs that don't deal damage and augs that proc are both changed? Does this mean stun procs are not as good now or what? Nobody has linked what officially happened yet and I can't find anything in the patch notes about item changes.