So these TBL fire looking mobs...

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Cicelee, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Cicelee Augur

That I would imagine should fully resist fire, seems to not resist fire. In fact, fire lands relatively well on them. In fact I do not recall any mobs so far that are fully fire resistant.

Is this an oversight, or intended? I thought devs wanted us to use more magic, hence the change to EU. But if fire is going to land on mobs like a fireling (???) then that seems against the intent...
  2. Tucoh Augur

The only fire resistant mobs I've found are in the plane of fire instance (for Tyrant of Fire, Delivery and Remodeling).

Blowing up the giant masses of flames in Prince Ralastin with mage fireballs is particularly fun.
  3. Sancus Augur

They probably didn't want fire-dependent casters to be useless on most of the content...
  4. Piemastaj Augur

Some people want to see the world burn....

Literally no other reason to post that except to irritate people...
  5. Cicelee Augur

Useless means you cannot do anything. You can use magic spells on fire resistant mobs. Do they do as much DPS as fire spells on fire non resistant mobs? Of course not. But maybe that is a time to use Dissident on the pet, for example.

My point is, it feels weird to do 500k fire damage from Spear on a flaming. I do not recall that happening in EQ for the duration of the game. And just because our DPS gets lower when using magic compared to fire doesn't mean we are useless. We still DPS. Maybe another class or two will out parse us. O no, sky is falling.

If anything, there should be a push for increased magic DPS instead of letting flamelings take 500k damage from a fire based Spear. But I also do not think magic DPS has to equal fire DPS. As long as the class remains competitive then it is fine...
  6. Piemastaj Augur

Prathun literally posted their intention was not to cripple fire casters in their launch thread.
    Spellfire and gotwar like this.
  7. Piemastaj Augur

I may have misspoke, I think it was in a PM to someone. Prathun definitely said it was intended for this expansion to not ruin fire casters even thought it is called The Burning Lands.

I would imagine it is intended at this point, but who knows. Def something that doesn't need to be brought up considering it is a good thing that 95% of this expansion does not resist fire.
  8. Spellfire Augur

I remember a dev stating they don't want to cripple fire casters.

If I were a mage I would probably keep quiet and hope nobody nerfs anything :p.
  9. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Seriously, I am so done with nerfs. On raids there are definitely fire resistant/immune things, too.