So the true reasons aoe'ing was nerfed was so people cant mass churn nameds.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Montag Augur

Thanks for degrading the game for a doomed server.
  2. yerm Augur

Ironically, unlike what I believe you meant, they DID degrade the game for a doomed server. The doomed server, though, is Aradune.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Yes, besides not even remotely being the reason, this was exactly why.

It had nothing to do with groups monopolizing a single zone to AOE level with several people AFK, rendering the zone unplayable for everyone else.

No, it has nothing to do with that. It is so people cannot mass churn named, said no one . . . . anywhere. . . EVER (at least until now)
    Brunlin, Waring_McMarrin and Demetri like this.
  4. Montag Augur

I guess I should have specified ON THE NEW MISCHIEF SERVER.

That's clearly why they did it, because if you can AOE zones with nameds, even like lguk or mistmoore well, that's a lot of lottery tickets and people would for sure be doing it.
  5. Faydra Augur

This is a reach, cannot connect the dots.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  6. Montag Augur

I'm not sure how you can sincerely believe that nonsense. There's never any major AOE'ing going on in any zones except the deep and no one does normal groups in that zone anyway.

After 20 years they add a server where AOE'ing would be actually be a HUGE problem and suddenly AOEing gets nerfed and you don't see the connection?

Cause Mischief is gonna be all about churning as many named as possible and nothing will do that faster than AOEing.
  7. Montag Augur

Cause Mischief is gonna be all about churning as many named as possible and nothing will do that faster than AOEing.

We are gonna see some weird setups for churning nameds. Botters are gonna have 2 or 3 chars at 12 dif camps.

We will see 4+ enchanters stunning for AOEs in low level zones. Kite teams, etc.

It will be interesting for sure.
  8. Faydra Augur

I don't think that will be the case. You'll see more necros ganking nameds by running and feigning than anything. No time for the AE team to set up and stand a chance.
    Brunlin likes this.
  9. Montag Augur

I'm not saying they wont have some named stolen, but you will be seeing unorthodox AOE'ing going on for sure, probably a lot in zones they've outlevelled.
  10. Vedian Lorekeeper

It sure seems like this is the case considering the obvious coincidence of timing with the nerf a month out from server launch.

Is it more likely that stun was nerfed at some random time 20 years into the game because of server load or people wanting to form a traditional xp group in The Deep?

Or is it more likely that on a new server where nothing can be camped intentionally because of randomized loot and your best shot at getting loot would be to mass farm any and all PHs and named you can possibly find. A loot system where AE farming would obviously create a massive imbalance in the economy.

I guess we'll see if the commercial AE farmers set up to farm loot in the most rare-dense zones now.

I don't plan to play there but I actually think the server concept is interesting. If this was the case I wouldn't even be that annoyed by the nerf if they just admit it's for this server and change it back after Mischief gets to OoW or something.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

12. Lejaun Augur

At first glance, it seems like in most cases that the most efficient route would be to kill NPCs where they are the correct level range, where they spawn the fastest, and where they are most likely to be in serious danger. Then, plant a couple mages and other places for the bot folk, and hope that your frequent kills results in the desired loot faster than other people.

There aren't a ton of places where AoEing will be more efficient, off the top of my head. I'm sure there are some, but AoEing is more about the Xp than the loot.
    Gnothappening and Faydra like this.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

Basically like Hierophant or Dojorn camp. A group set up there ready to slay the mob as it pops.
    Faydra likes this.
  14. Kylo Classic Augur

So the true reasons aoe'ing was nerfed was so people cant mass churn nameds.

You don't know this at all. You have no idea why it was nerf'd, just that it was.
    Brunlin and Faydra like this.
  15. anarquia Journeyman

So are you telling that GM will allow players to monopolizing a single zone to AOE level with several people AFK, rendering the zone unplayable for everyone else and GM wont do nothing? Thats sad.