So ... No One Caught In Beta ...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brickhaus, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Brickhaus Augur

... how the wizard/magician ERUDITE spell vendor was separated from all the other vendors.

I'm not using the R word ... but I'm using the R word ...

Seriously, pull your head out of your ... and swap the teleport and wizard/mage vendor.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Maybe he just wanted some alone time.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Purchased my wizzy spells yesterday, cant say I noticed where they were, if they were male of female or what race they were.
    Makta and Toukan like this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Fo rage is the best.

Sure, maybe if it was the Wizard NPC all by itself....but Mage?
  5. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

Can we please get an unlike button or downvote option for posts.

Maybe he is in charge of that area and put himself there ever think of that ???
    Maybe he likes that spot because it has some special terrain feature he can see from there
    Maybe he walked over there to meditate

smh
  6. Tuco Augur

I'm guessing you know very little about the Erudite race. Educate yourself.

https://everquest.fandom.com/wiki/Erudite

These guys built an entire new civilization to get away from the barbarism of man, and then they made that civilization virtually impossible to navigate. You think they won't get some distance from the other lesser vendors?
  7. Lilfella Elder

Is every starting city guilty of mass segregation?
  8. Scila Augur

It says more "not caught in beta" with understanding what goes on in beta
  9. uberkingkong Augur

If you know me, I'm all for making everyone run around.
    Or 1 trader does everything.

You want your warrior discs? go run to heroes forge. You want your ranger spells go run to pal lomen zone.
    put some roleplaying in this.

gotta do that huge timesink for that ranger DS spell.
    Funky timesinks, like let a mob hit you 10000 times has to a be certain mob, the ones that hit hard. after that you get your spell. Let Dok hit you 10000 times. Gotta tank Dok for a long time.
    collect a couple ground spawns 4 hour respawn appears randomly in the zone but thankfully in a certain area of the zone (so you competing with other rangers), correctly answer questions, and then you get your spell now.

Shoot this is wizard spells. These would be in heroes forge the phoenix area. Gotta kite 4 phoenixes and have to be in a certain area for 30 minutes then you get the beam spell. Instead of blinding the caster it blinds the mobs.

Fear immune stun immune, immune immune.
    Blind everyone forgets blind. Mob blind immune, dev may have forgot to include that or do it on purpose.

After 3 months or so, QoL kicks in, wont have to have Dok wail at you for 10000 hits. Maybe you get the QoL or you get an improved, the improved version you gotta do some quests roleplaying stuff.

Cleric spells, clerics gotta run the zone and heal people they not grouped in. Buff 200 unique lvl 121 and above players. Then you get your spell.

/ooc anyone need buff by chance.
    /w, /tell i havent met you let me buff you though

Druids could be heal someone 5000 times.
    Ranger buddy, you wanna go tank Dok, I'll heal you. We can go check for our ground spawns after an hour and see if they up.

Roleplaying or QoL your choice.
  10. Tual Augur

Yeah, because Beta is all about making sure vendors are social distancing without being too obvious about 'social distancing'
  11. Scila Augur

In their own little world
  12. Salene_Luclin Journeyman

If you had been in Beta you would have seen the Type 3 vendors that were around him like the other side. Those augs are not yet in game so true to last few expansions the vendors are not in game yet.
    Ndaara, -----Cinexa----- and Tatanka like this.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

snarky answers are waaaay better than a downvote.

Say WHY you think they're ridiculous (or trolling with cheap bait)
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

After reading the replies, I do not think this is what the OP had in mind as a response. Then again you did report a thread for "teasing" that got deleted for no reason (even though it had nothing to do with you) so I guess karma?

People play EQ, a fantasy game filled with elves and trolls and dragons and orcs, to get away from the serious issues of the real world. Not to have others try to bring the real world into the game.
    Roxas MM, Shanarias, Raccoo and 2 others like this.
  15. Angahran Augur

Erudites have always been snotty and standoffish, so maybe he simply prefers being away from others?
    Barton-Vox, Raccoo, Brontus and 2 others like this.
  16. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Real world racial politics have no place in the lore of EverQuest. As someone mentioned previously, we play fantasy MMOs to escape the polarization and division of the real world.

Various races in Norrath have natural enmity to each other and it's built into EQ's foundational lore. Ogres hate dwarves. Dwarves hate ogres. That's not racism, that's just the reality of how things work in Norrath.

Let's not try to create problems where none exist.
    Makta, -----Cinexa-----, Dre. and 8 others like this.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Not to mention, there is a quest in the original game where an erudite has you assassinate a few engineers across Norrath so that they can't build a bridge between Antonica and Odus. I would say they want to be left by themselves.
    Jack, Fenthen and Brontus like this.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

Wow, this is a bad take from a "Player Activist". While the game does not live in our world, the players behind the characters do. Idk if this complaint fits, but there have been other references removed, see: Dark Elf achievement. You should be cognizant that real people play this game and care how their likeness IRL may be portrayed.
    FYAD likes this.
  19. Angahran Augur

Many of us play this game as an escape from the insanity which is apparently now the norm, where even the slightest thing that someone finds 'offensive' is apparently cause for law suits, riots and other assorted BS.

This is a FANTASY game.
    Ogres hate dwarves - deal with it!
    Dwarves hate ogres - deal with it!
    Everyone hates dark elves - deal with it.
    etc, etc...

If you are having problems separating this game from reality I suggest you seek immediate professional help.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Complete agreement. For me EQ is an escape and a very nice diversion from many dreary parts of real life.
    Makta, Tensor, Brontus and 1 other person like this.