So... Monks.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sundance, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fohpo Augur

The only other thing that would make the stream better, is if I finished leveling my bst and actually raided rather than being a casual scrub for life.
  2. Lisard Silly

10 pages...zero response or acknowledgement from anyone. our class rep is even saying we (monks) need help. I'm not a bad player. I know how to play my class to its best potential...but having healers (shamans and druids...mostly shamans) Out parse me (a monk) is kinda . when you can play a shaman, and hide away from any danger in any encounter and parse like a Zerker....somethings wrong. Idk whos in charge or even if you have any sort of Quality assurance person saying hey stop doing stupid . please fix your game before its to late. EQ in its current state just by what the forums are saying alone....is basically Straw+camel back...just waiting for the snap...
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Woah there. Monks could use some love, but trying to discern meaning or any kind of objective info from these boards is a rather large can of worms.
  4. Minato Augur

I hope this was meant as a joke considering every skilled monk i know or know of has posted in this thread. its not even just the new shaman/druid dot changes that is an issue its the stagnation of the class over the last few years. You can be the most amazing class you can be but you're still playing a class. some of us just love the class and would rather post about it here or take a break before main changing to the flavor of the month

Again if this was meant as a joke/tease sorry just dont want a dev to see something and figure another class knows everything is fine and just passes us up again (and with recent changes you never know)
  5. Valik New Member

life of the zen master... hey Lis!
  6. Valik New Member

Minato, Dubeast is good stuf its all in jest, no worries. Mad skeels... mad, disgrunteled skeelz
    Minato likes this.
  7. Thrillho Augur

We're not going to see a dev respond in here. There's so much anger, for lack of a better word, in here that any response is just going to create more. And even if they do, it's just going to open up the doorway for every other person who thinks their class needs improvement, whether it's justified or not.

As far as I can tell, they haven't responded in any of the threads involving the SK nerf, chanter nerf, druid DPS, shaman DPS, or warrior DPS. We're not special. I really hope the devs have read these threads and will be doing something about it, but they certainly wouldn't be posting any of it in here.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  8. kyong Augur

There is so much room for improvement. I don't even know where to start.
  9. Gelido Lorekeeper

I am back, and would like to remind everyone, #MonkLivesMatter while also bumping this!
  10. Shinzen New Member

And back up...
  11. Minato Augur

Whoa now this thread was almost at the bottom of the list.... cant have that
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Bumping threads is a violation of the rules, friends :(
  13. Minato Augur

oh? well im glad you mentioned that so i could reply to it *cough*
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You, sir, are quite welcome.
    IblisTheMage and Minato like this.
  15. Gelido Lorekeeper

Thank you for that Sheex! Definitely appreciate that knowledge, i hope you don't mind me replying saying thank you!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. Lisard Silly

decided to instead of keep bumping to start a list of easy things. that all revolves around things already in the game...so they dont really have to come up with anything new. just Tune these simple things and it would make a world of difference

Items to be moved to the -1 timer:
    -Eye of the Storm
    -Shaded Step
    -Nimble reflexes
    -Earthforce Discipline
    -Whirlwind Discipline
    -Combine the damage/effects of Sting of the wasp, Vigorous shuriken, Doomwalkers Precision and move to -1 timer

ways to improve the monk and bring them up to par:
    -Bring Crane Stance down to 1m re-use
    -Continue Zalikor's Fang line, and discontinue the pet line
    -Bring Dragons Balance line Re-use down to 7 minutes - 13 minutes
    -Increase 1hb, h2h, 2hb skill caps
    -More AA's to increase Combat Fury(currently 6/6 lets raise it to around 12/12?)
    -Restore/increase our staff block % values
    -Dichotomic form a permanent buff that you have to click on every zone (similar to Battle leap)
    -Increase the values of Eye of the Storm by 50-75%
    -Add slot 3: Increase Hit Damage Bonus v2 by 500 to Terrorpalm to mimic a better version of Eye of the storm
    -Make Ironfist discipline a self Buff (effects window) instead of a disc timer.
  17. -wycca Augur

I quit during SoF, Monks were still regularly parsing top 10 then.
  18. Valik New Member

I like it Lisard, i like it alot. Some good ideas across the board good sir. Would also be great if we got a new version of Crane stance.
  19. kyong Augur

Unbelievably monks might still be far behind if all changes changes above were done.
  20. Lisard Silly

it would be a giant leap in the right direction tho....I personally cant go another expansion with the only thing i get is a throwing ability.
    Ishtass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.