So let me get this right.....

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by entrope, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Orablast Elder

The impact for me is I have to play twice as long to keep up with my some of my friends & guild mates. Eventually, they get tired of waiting on me, and they create alts, and I get to watch their alts sail right past me.In my example, I was 94 halfway to 95 in a CoB camp. This RaF ENC was 93 when we first started grinding. By the end of the session, the ENC was 95 and when I was still struggling to hit 95. And now that Enc has past me in AA's, too.

As I meant to say before, it becomes discouraging after a while. Personally, I feel like the RaF option with exp bonus should be available all the time at anytime.
  2. Tobynn Augur

I didn't admit anything was unfair. I stated a fact. While RaF was available, it was available. Pretty wild extrapolation taking a snippet of fact and assigning my judgements to it for me. Thanks, I guess.

There's no bad logic here. There was a window of opportunity. Some chose not to use that window. The window is now closed. People are complaining that either the window should re-opened or the house should be torn down -- because apparently that would be fair to everyone.

Election Day in the States was Tuesday. You made the decision not to get out and vote. Now, two days after the election is over, you want the ballot stations permanently reopened or the Constitution ripped up, so you can vote whenever you get around to it. According to your logic, this would be fair since not everyone was available on Tuesday.

I have been playing for many years, and experienced first hand the legendary hell levels and the obscene amount of experience that was required to level up back in the day. Perhaps everyone that didn't play back then should be rolled back about 30 levels, and lose all their AA's and gear obtained due to those inflated levels, since they have it so much easier than I did. Following your same line of broken logic -- that would be fair for everyone, right ?

There sure is some bad logic around here, and its coming from you. Derp.
  3. entrope New Member

A level playing field mandates that this system either be open to all, or discontinued entirely. Having those who happened to be playing at the specific time it was offered able to take advantage of a program that essentially grants TIRPLE EXP FOR LIFE (under those specific provisions as outlined above) is nearly as atrocious to me as Age of Conan's granting "offline experience gain" for example.

You people who are fervently defending it are no doubt reaping the said benefit, much life a welfare recipient under a restricted program.

SONY open this program to all, or end it entirely!

SUPER EXP FOR LIFE on this progression server with no way to get into the program now is an atrocity, and as much as I have loved the game for the past decade, makes it far easier to walk away from for many.

*again-- i concede I am late to this discussion, having only recently learned about the actual mechanics of this program. I will NOT concede that its a "closed book" and i will NOT give up my right to post my opinion about the circumstance on this official game forum.*
  4. shiftie Augur

I don't have a RAF account. I think this conversation is pointless.
  5. Toquillaw Augur

We have several RaF accounts, and they are great. But, they aren't absurdly overpowered either because the effect runs out as they level up to the main (non-RaF) accounts. It's really not much different from people who powerlevel with items, or join up with a group of bots which are higher level. They level much, much faster than if they played on their own. It's not like you get veteran rewards on those accounts, since they are new. You can't take your existing accounts and convert them to RaF ones, the best you can do is create all new accounts and link them to your existing accounts, which effectively doubles your EQ costs. It wasn't a free upgrade.

We pay for our accounts. At the same time, I think RaF was very successful. People actually like it and want it otherwise we wouldn't continuously see these silly threads. It would be totally fine with me if they brought it back, even if it was a time limited offer, like a bonus exp weekend. Or, they could add potions with a similar effect (ie 200% bonus) for $15 in the store which lasts a month in world time. I don't really care, as long as people pay more for the benefit, since it is worth paying for.

If you aren't willing to double your EQ costs, then maybe this isn't the deal you were looking for. Move along.
  6. Orablast Elder

Why is it such a big deal to open RAF accounts again? Perhaps they can offer RAF accounts for a limited time once a year. There are just too many variables on why someone might have missed out on this the first time around.
  7. Dandin Augur

I dont see a problem here. Move along.

Man. Whats it with people today?
  8. Aildyen_MP Lorekeeper

I love the Fippy server. Even if my character was RAF, which it is not, I would still feel that it should be disabled on Fippy.
  9. Drelik Lorekeeper

When RAF came out, they sent out emails to all open and closed accounts. If you failed to keep your email account up to date, that is on you. Hell, I even think they did an actual promotion on Facebook and Twitter which they rarely ever do. Yes, I own a raf account. Yes, it makes my life easier as I recently leveled up my toons. With the changes to AA under 4k, getting those AA is easy and amazingly fast. Stop whining cause you missed the boat and just have fun playing the game which is what its all about.
  10. Xnao Augur

The exploit was getting a free month on an RaF account. Pay 15$, get two months of bonus xp.
  11. Aildyen_MP Lorekeeper

You are replying to a post in the Progression server forum where the under 4k AA rule is not in effect or easy and amazingly fast.