So lately I have been noticing...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Filatal, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Filatal Augur

That no matter how hard I try, I can not seem to match the post total of the red names. This is locking me out of the higher titles and prevents me from joining a real forum group. I also suspect, that based on the choices I made when I first starting playing, that no matter how many posts I eventually get that I will not be able to obtain the best titles. I can post parses if needed.

I do not feel this is fitting with the lore of the fantasy/sci fi genre. Historically, wasn't it the red names that always died first? I do not feel these artificial barriers are productive for the health and longevity of the forums.

I am not asking to have the red names nerfed, but couldn't the devs throw us a bone and give us the lock thread AA?
    Darktower, Elricvonclief and Mykaylla like this.
  2. Piestro Augur

You need to do the "acquire job" quest found here. The keyword is [apply].
  3. zomb54 Lorekeeper

4. Sinestra Augur

If you ever played Ultima Online, then you know red names are murderous player killers.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

This quest might be bugged. I hailed on the phone and gave the keyword, but it didn't work. Neither did "what apply" or "what about apply" which usually works. I think there's a previous step that's hidden, or a faction check.
    Has anyone found the lore that actually gets you started on this quest? It might help.
    Leerah, crystilla and Elricvonclief like this.
  6. gcubed Augur

I believe the Apply quest has two sub-quests. You need to do one of the sub-quests in order to complete the main quest. Try doing either the Intern sub-quest or the Experience sub-quest.
    crystilla, Elricvonclief and Mykaylla like this.
  7. JChan Developer

I can verify that this quest isn't bugged. I completed it by completing the [university] and the [work experience] sub-quests. [Work experience] seemed to work with [not game industry] although I've heard it requires a lower faction if you have the [game industry] sub-quest completed.
  8. Misha New Member

I believe that probably your nerd faction isn't quite high enough. You should probably try buying a couple of T-shirts from Jynx in order to raise your nerd faction.
  9. RagePaw Augur

So, I handed in my CV in a stack and only got credit for one page. The page was then given back to me with the quest NPC stating, "I don't need this ragepaw, you can have it back" .
    Mykaylla likes this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I tried to do that quest. However, it appeared to require me to go to the zone, "San Diego". The portal NPC wanted too many plats for the stone to take me there. Also, the quest required me to purchase housing in the "San Diego Village" and the cost of a housing plot was more than I could afford.

Do you think they could find a way around those limitations or could put those items on the Loyalty Vendor? It would be a big help.
    Leerah, Mellifleur, crystilla and 2 others like this.
  11. Shang Augur

I applied for SoE two(?) years ago, but Piestro got the job over me and I've held a grudge for this reason.
  12. Langya Augur

You get paid in Station Cash and Krono, right?
  13. JChan Developer

You can also go to the zone "Austin".
    Mykaylla likes this.
  14. Shang Augur

Only two things come from Texas.
    Leerah, Elricvonclief and Straahdx like this.
  15. artofnoise Augur

If you wanted a Spirit of Eagle that badly, you could just /ooc in the Lobby or any zone I am playing in (I always give them for free).

/problemsolved

PS. Best thread of the year.
    crystilla likes this.
  16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I should go to the zone "Austin" as it's only a scant few zones away. I could be your PR NPC and IT wizard
  17. Mellifleur Augur

Sadly the [Austin] zone seems to have limited choices, and NPC's.... with a history of players disappearing after entering [Austin]. I think [San Diego] is a more stable zone with better options of progression.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  18. Sebbina Augur

I was planning to do the quest, but, it seems i need to complete the quests "Passport" and "Greencard" first, just send me a game mail when an opening occurs north of the 49th parallel.
    Leerah likes this.
  19. Leerah Augur

Your sub-quest, find three people who have seen you face to face in the last five years.