So... is it normal for Bazzt to hit for 110k?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Talladore, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

When a proc kills you, then it shows up as the mob hitting you instead of a spell. This is why people see the stings when they die :)

Similar things happened on Venril Sathir if anyone remembers his 1500+ "hits" as you died - it was a proc that killed you.
    Prathun likes this.
  2. spacetrig New Member

EQMac database is an invaluable gem and I hope it's being preserved in every way possible. It would be simply incredible if this was shared with the preserveration/ community. I can only dream how amazing it would be to have truly accurate PoP era server like EQMac again.
  3. -wycca Augur

It's proprietary company information - I'd be really surprised if they ever released anything like that.
    Prathun likes this.
  4. Arrk Augur

The 110k hit
    [IMG]

DT call...
    [IMG]

They don't exactly match...and I am not talking about damage.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Yea but seeing as they found the server not profitable, releasing it wouldn't cause them any financial loss, as the server/models of such a server wouldn't compete with what they offer and aren't profitable on their own.

I know it's still probably never going to happen but I can dream.
  6. Talladore Journeyman

Basically what Arrk said. I got slashed for 110k points of physical damage. That's how it shows up in the parse as well, as you can see in the screenshot, as the damage shown is all slash damage which I had selected. I read it as any normal hit when I scrolled up the window but was hit for 500ish, followed by the 110k proc.

In any case, thanks for letting us know it's not a bug but an intended feature. Seems a bit harsh but what can ya do?
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

How rare is this supposed to be? We cleared to him for our first time tonight. Combined with the death touches we also ate 2 110k hits tonight after doing about 20%. Hard to absorb that in a raid of 27...

Was it supposed to proc so often though!?
  8. qweasy Augur

So don't try to do a 72 person raid with 27 people.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

You stop doing a 27 raid with 72 people first!
    Punchu likes this.
  10. Quill Augur

Lol... certain races aren't allergic to bees are they? o_O
  11. Machentoo Augur

Uh, no. An actual copy of the server may or may not compete (who knows, it could be more popular than Agnarr.) But as Prathun has repeatedly pointed out, much of the data is still in use on the current TLP's. IE their highly profitable EQ servers that do actually exist...
  12. Xanathol Augur

[Thu Aug 03 20:30:19 2017] Bazzt Zzzt tries to slash YOU, but misses!
    [Thu Aug 03 20:30:19 2017] Bazzt Zzzt is pierced by YOUR thorns for 5 points of non-melee damage.
    [Thu Aug 03 20:30:19 2017] Bazzt Zzzt slashes YOU for 408 points of damage.
    [Thu Aug 03 20:30:19 2017] Bazzt Zzzt is pierced by YOUR thorns for 5 points of non-melee damage.
    [Thu Aug 03 20:30:19 2017] Bazzt Zzzt slashes YOU for 110000 points of damage.
    [Thu Aug 03 20:30:19 2017] You have been knocked unconscious!
    [Thu Aug 03 20:30:19 2017] You have been slain by Bazzt Zzzt!

I can't ever recall a mob - especially in classic - that 'proc'd a slash.
  13. Kayen44 New Member

247 second fight, 11 procs of 110k......roughly 1 every 22 seconds.

With Kunark just around the corner, there's no need to tackle it now but for future TLPs it really needs to be tuned down if it's functioning correctly. This fight is soooo much harder than anything else in classic.
  14. Quill Augur

Did her with 42 for our first-time kill last night(we then one-shot Sister(joke of a mob) and then Eye). No charm pets on Bee (at least until she ran like 15 feet in the air @ 3% and nobody could hit her... lolz). No mage armies, like we hear some guilds bring.

I don't particularly like the Proc DT mechanic, but if your fundamentals are solid, it shouldn't be that hard to kill her.

Even more so if you are one of the guilds packing full raids.

But basically, that fight is the worst of the DT fights that challenge your ability to balance healing with rezzing along with keeping tanks on her.

For in your face damage, keep the tank up, Nagafen with that piercing weapon is fun times.
  15. Zinth Augur

procs don't show as "casting spells" for some reason
  16. Quill Augur

Nope... and I've also seen the DT proc off a Bash.