So I'll admit I haven't hit the expansion head on

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vdidar, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Vdidar Augur

and I finally decided to start skyfire progression. Who thought that mobs making you drunk was a good idea. It is no wonder this zone is empty all the time. I'm sure its all been discussed but I just wanted to give my .02.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. DCPD158 Elder

I solo in SF with my warrior all the time. It is easier to dodge the "orange ring of doom" than suck up the idiotic dots from trash mobs in The Overthere.
    svann and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. tnot Elder

It's a rough zone for Mages. The drakes aura or w/e it is they do drives pets insane. Fire resistance doesn't help, either.

I did finish Partisan task 1 for Skyfire, which isn't that hard, but clearing the mobs/roamers from the platform before triggering the encounter is intensive. You need to watch the mobs roaming paths and be sure you kill every one lest you get adds on top of the adds spawned by the encounter.

The Partisan task in OT that requires you crawl to the back of a Howling stones wasn't exactly a cakewalk, either, something like 8 mobs tightly grouped near the mob you need to get to, hail, and fight. The mobs see invis, too. That's after crawling through half the zone and killing every see invis mob on the way.

Normally running my 3 mages I'd have finished progression by now, but I'm still on Skyfire 2, having opted to level to 110 and nearly Max AAs. I usually like to do progression and level in the course of it, 2 birds with 1 stone.

Have completed earlier progression campaigns molo or w/ just 2 mages. Getting my kicked pretty frequently in RoS w/ 3. I know it's possible and I just need to shove through and suck up the wipes, but it is quite intimidating.

It's no stroll on the beach, that's for sure. An active Crowd controller is almost a must for a lot of the content.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

There is other mobs you can hail and do your OT task number 2 other than the one in that golem room.

You can stay in that golem room and clear out mobs at the east entrance if you have the ability to take on a double pull. I have done the hail with the Arisen mob in the south east corner of that room without aggroing the golem. It is however, much easier to go east of that room to do the hail and fight the DE Arisen Mob. There is one you can get alone.

Not easy doing dungeon stuff with 3 mages, not sure why you choose that as your group. In dungeons you will have to fight your way through parts of it. You're limiting your options when all 3 in your group are the same. You are wasting two slots where you could have CC or other abilities.

I duo'd that task with a rogue and SK. The ultimate dungeon crawling team in my opinion. In fact, I have duo'd most of RoS progression with it. There were some spots in RoS I needed help with though. Having all the same class in your group is gonna make it hard on you.

Now that my rogue is key'd for VP, I need to get my SK key'd. VP is all I have left to do for the part/merc stuff. Once SK is key'd, I will go in there and duo those tasks.
  5. tnot Elder

I'm sure your group is very versatile' and can do things mine cannot, but 3 earth pets and a cadre of swarm pets is its own form of crowd control. I can also put out likely twice the DPS of your group and take on named and hold down camps your group cannot. I can bind at 3 points in a zone and gate and coh my group around instantly, holding down 3-4 camps at once. I Main'd an enchanter for 7 years so I'm aware of all that utility can bring to a group, however, this is the group I chose and if I had it to do over again I would make the same group, mages synergism very well with one another, are very easy to box ( perform closer to full potential than other boxed classes ), and most of all, are just fun.

To each their own. When I ran the partisan tasks I was 106 in TDS gear.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Belexes ForumQuester

You had better tell the named mobs I engage, they might not agree. :)

Glad you are having fun doing it your way.
  7. Killersong New Member

Yes, the drunken effect is the dumbest idea ever. This need to be removed as soon as possible. It's severely annoying and also causing nauseating affect when you have to deal with the everlasting drunken effect. Especially when you are playing the game for awhile and tired. It was fun at a time when you were young doing this few times. Dev need to seriously look into this. This isn't something where players are at safe place where they can get away from computer monitor when they get dizzying and nauseated.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Max Alcohol Tolerance and use a mount. With max AT you don't stay drunk for very long. Plus I've only encountered it on Vampires, other then the Merc task and maybe hunter, there really isn't any reason to kill these guys so it's very limited in when you encounter it. I haven't finished hunter yet, so I'm not sure if one of them is a PH, but I killed enough for the Merc task and never killed one again. There are plenty of other mobs in the zone to hunt.
    Vdidar likes this.
  9. Vdidar Augur

Its just a really dumb idea is all I was saying. If it was a debuff that you could cure or it faded reasonably fast it wouldn’t be a big deal I suppose.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Does being hit with the drunk-effect in combat, raise your alcohol tolerance-skill?
  11. Fohpo Augur

Don't believe so.
  12. Tevik Augur

Enlist the help of a friendly neighborhood bard in your grouping.
  13. Spellfire Augur

With max AT people should not get this effect at all imo.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

No:(, just makes you wobble all over and your view becomes nauseous. Its right there neck and neck with spin stun.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agreed super dumb.
  16. Moege Augur

Also not finished with hunter but there is a rat at the altar that is a PH and you need to clear vampires...
  17. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

"Severely annoying" ...?
    "Safe Place" ...?

Are you being serious dude?
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sure he is. Problem?
  19. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Not really aside from the post's "oh em gee I can't even" theme. It makes me wonder, if people struggle so much to deal with life when playing a video game sitting behind a keyboard, how do they deal with life when they step away from it?

Or is it possible they're just being overly dramatic in a desperate attempt to make their point seem more valid?
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Or, they're just not really good at video games, though they do enjoy them.

And just wish the thing they enjoy wasn't unreasonably hard sometimes. Since they wish to be doing it for fun and enjoyment.

(talking about myself here, not the OP, but it might apply. And I haven't done the content in question, so not really commenting on that. Just noting that sometimes it's hard to see the other guy's point of view).