So if LJ ends up being the "fast" server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Batbener, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Batbener Augur

Can we get free xfers again? Plus, can we have a reading comprehension test for any future voters? If I had 100pp for everyone that voted for the "status quo" only to be shocked that meant 6 months per unlock, I would be snapping up kronos at close to live prices.
  2. Grandma Elder

Both servers are 6 month TLP's>Both servers just opened Kunark early and only Kunark.
  3. Agrippa Augur

I don't believe that Kunark will be the only rushed expansion. Ragefire is already crying about the results and I don't think for a moment that Lockjaw won't try to rush the others next. Where's that jar of Vaseline? And I think Roshen needs to wash his fist off.
    Drexll likes this.
  4. Batbener Augur

However logic tells me that since RF got an "open every xpac early" option halfway through kunark, wouldn't it seem that LJ will get the same? Most of the casuals that were loving the noobtopia on LJ quit, and nothing would give Darth and company a nerd woody more than beating TL to VT loot, because Luclin opens up sooner on LJ.
    Agrippa likes this.
  5. Abracadabra Augur

If the voting ends up being faster on Lockjaw, guess what. We (Twisted Legacy) will be rerolling to LJ :). As an aside two of the larger prime time guilds on Ragefire just folded a week ago.
  6. Finley Augur

I think we're llearning a valuable lesson here that crying on the forums is only partly indicative of what the server wants
    Zargonza likes this.
  7. Zublak Augur

Honestly, Classic and Kunark should have been 3 month expansions from the beginning.
    Drexll likes this.
  8. Tris Augur

Yeah. The main lesson learned should be that the vocal minority who screams for staying classic forever are quitting after 1-2 month
    Drexll likes this.
  9. Batbener Augur

While I am happy that you will put FI in their place if that happens, you shouldn't be happy that 2 "prime time guilds" folded, unless you really don't want to go past GoD. I tried to explain it to you in May. "Casuals" that play a 15 year old game 10 to 20 hours a week as opposed to those that can play it 40 kinda sorta merge at that point. With the "6 month to Velious" because your guildies were too stupid to pick the right vote, let's be honest, the server took a dump tonight. With you allowing other guildies to lock down epics and past dragons, you are killing the server. Not because you are so leet, but because those that completed the grind of farming an epic in 2000 don't care that much. The ones that are buying suck. Big time. That's your future guildies, YAY!.

As you LOL at FI for leaving RF to "compete" the rest of EQ LOLs you at joining a "progression" server to "win". For that matter, no real "gamer" appreciates EQ for anything other than a time sink. I love the EQ because it's a great game that I can immerse myself in. If you "compete" in it. WOW.
    Baps Zerg likes this.
  10. Abracadabra Augur

Your reading comprehension is bad.
  11. Batbener Augur

To be fair, it's hard to read when the letters double and triple up.
  12. Batbener Augur

After rereading 8 times, you weren't gloating that 2 guilds quit. I get that now. But you have to forgive me, I have been reading the LJ drama, because I like to watch drama.
  13. ethyre Augur

Given the complete debacle of exploit-rollbacks, the RMT kronos farmers, raid-drama and mage-bot-armies I don't think you can make any correlation about people fleeing like rats from a sinking ship.

The lesson that should be learned is that any playerbase will be dragged down to the lowest level without active oversight. RF and LJ had tremendous opportunity and people FLOCKED to these servers which should have indicated a great revenue opportunity that needs support instead of active avoidance.
    Drexll, Agrippa and Rhodz like this.
  14. Glowerss Augur

What primetime guilds still exist on RF? The one's doing the most chest thumping at the start of the server (ROI ROE) transferred to LJ and were absord. I heard Apok folded.

Who were the two most recent guilds?
  15. Qelyn Augur

Apok and False Prophecy.
  16. Rhodz Augur

How this could not be obvious just amazes me.
    A lot of the people that bailed on the RF/LF fiasco are long term players that just have a limit on what they will accept and this bunch fairly far exceeded that limit Between DBG doing utterly inexplicable things and the, well call em whatever you will everyone knows who, bulldozing epeen play styles yeah it pretty much killed what may well have been this games last chance to crawl out of the basement.

We keep playing live till in a month or two that gets old again leave and perhaps return someday. Who knows, its only a game but still think it was the crappiest Ive ever seen from both company and a portion of the players and given how many MMOs Ive seen that is saying a lot.
    Steampunk and Agrippa like this.