So I didn’t beta

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by shiftie, Dec 11, 2018.

1. shiftie Augur

If they want to change the functionality I’m all for it as it stands for a 10k mana spell that does not focus by gear we’ve got a problem.

You can’t say that complaining is the reason. It is lazy development. In the group game harmonious is actually useful except when stunning can cause unintended spikes.

And let’s not talk about how you can target a mob behind Locked doors or around corners take off your bp to get the merc to heal you - aggro without line of sight. I can get creative with anything and find a use if there is one.

For dicho it is really that bad, all the way around, if it were rather a disc now we’d be talking. Take into consideration spells with cool downs

Preservation
    Dicho
    Steely
    Stance
    Expiation

We have nearly half our spell set that could be down for more than reasonable time frames. Long cool downs should not be spells or they get left out.

You can cast 3 waves for every dicho that are fully focused. There are no good arguments for the heal.
    Lubianx likes this.
  2. Lubianx Augur

So that means rather than improving them, just get rid of them all together and give pallies nothing just to save development time? Fair? I don't think so. In essence what you are saying is let the devs give pallies abilities that are never used and shut up and like it?

As others have mentioned Harmonious is used. What has been argued is that it isn't as good as the SK and warrior versions and now since it wasn't upgraded, the gap is even wider and the stun portion doesn't land on current mobs. It was easy to fix, increase the heal and it's agro component to be closer to warrior and SK equivalent and the increase the level of mob that can be stunned.

With regards to alliance I made a suggestion in Beta which was ignored which was to add a PBAE heal instead of the stun since raids are heavy AEs. There have been many other suggestions on how to improve this. It was even mentioned at it's implementation that it should not have had a stun component as raid mobs are immune to stun and have the damage cut in half.

In relation to the "dicho" upgrade there should have been more work put into changing it. As mentioned elsewhere, pallies have the 2nd worse Dicho spell behind mages. There have been various opinions on how to fix it which have been ignored
    took2summit11 and Pirlo like this.
  3. tyrantula Elder

Not overtuned. I just use a different spell line up. The same exact argument could be made with RoS. I never memmed stuns in RoS, always crush because stuns were virtually impossible on the mobs there. It's part of the game, to learn and beat the design. That's all I'm doing. If the developers made this content we could have facerolled from day one, then that's terrible design.

If people expect mercs to be able to heal through this content, they're sadly mistaken. And that's okay.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Except suggestions have been given multiple times and ignored to improve these spells. Not so much as a peep from a Developer to the community to see what change or changes could make it desired. So yes the Paladin Community has every right to be pissed about it.
  5. Livvy_CT Elder

I think it’s a matter of staffing for the dev team, they need to try and prioritize their time, and currently we aren’t a priority, does it suck? Absolutely, we just need to keep posting our ideas till they get to us.
  6. Stephen51 Augur

The argument that Paladin complaints about Harmonious got it axed doesn't really hold water. No class really has a representative or a voice listened to by DB. If anything Dicho was complained about more and rather than cut it or change it (costing development time) they cookie-cuttered it. As mentioned above its an expensive stun or an expensive group heal, once in a while the both will be needed but it will be rare/situational. I'm not sure I'd call other classes Dicho 'game-changing' but useful. Paladin version is not either of those things.

As I remember it, all Harmonious' were complained about when they came out - by Warriors and SKs - saying there versions were too powerful. The Paladin version just looked a bit plain in comparison and was in far third place to the other tank versions. I can't really see this as a reason to cut it.

Finally Ally, was badly designed. Having the fulmination stun raid mobs was just ill thought out.
    As others have mentioned there were suggestions made to replace the stun component. Warriors never got a version of Alliance though they did get 2 versions of Harmonious. I suppose in the big scheme of things the dps lost by Paladin Fulmination is small (the version did less damage than most other classes), but it's about time we (as a community) realise that we are not competing with each other, but with the game and it's developers. I don't mean that it a confrontational manner towards DB, its just we may get more accomplished within the game if we tried to push forward positive change without dragging down this weeks, red headed step-child.
    Pirlo likes this.