So I didn’t beta

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by shiftie, Dec 11, 2018.

1. shiftie Augur

I wanted to be surprised...

Glad I didn’t buy the expansion ... please tell me I am missing something. Our only spell is a situational at best mostly useless spell upgrade and we got zero new aa?

What in the actual %^#*
    Warpeace and Pirlo like this.
  2. Brohg Augur

Too much paladin -talking of Paladin Harmonious & Alliance here on the forum got your class skipped on 2 out of the just 3-4 spells every class had upgraded in Burning Lands. Good job, Team Paladin.

R.I.P. like Heavy Rains AA

All classes got only core AA line upgrades. Not ... sexy? but powerful stuff, these are what makes older content easy, which is what most folks want from expansion power growth.

P.S. - Burning Lands owns, you should get in on this
    shiftie likes this.
  3. Took2summmit Elder

Very disappointed to see that paladin only got 1 new spell, my necro got 4. I dont understand how the developers can be at the drawing board and think that's a good idea. On other news, TBL is no where near as difficult as people on the beta forums made it out to be. Already done with fight fire with a group geared fulled buffed 5.2kac/210khp paladin.
  4. Lubianx Augur

I brought this up in Beta and it was ignored, the post was also partly hijacked.
    There was no reply as to why we didn't get a harmonious or an alliance spell
  5. Lubianx Augur

Fight fire isn't difficult. The difficulty will come with the Smoke trials, especially if you box and use a healer merc. If you have a full group, it shouldn't be too bad
  6. Seldom Augur

Alliance style abilities coming into play during EoK were pretty much game changing for every class that received minus Paladins. Holy Alliance was woefully underpowered to the point that is was silly to prioritize using. If they had no intention of making it equally worthwhile to be used after a crazy amount of constructive feedback even pre-TBL beta from many Paladins I’m glad they didn’t add it in this go around as it was more insulting to have an ability that was ridiculously inferior.

Dicho style abilities were completely game changing upon their creation for every class minus 2, Paladins being one of the 2 that got the very short end of stick. After a crazy amount of constructive feedback for multiple expansions as to how to make this ability better, it remained the exact same in it’s new iteration. The other class that has a ridiculously inferior Dicho also remained the exact same despite ton of stellar feedback for multiple expansions.

EoK original Harmonious abilities for Wars/Shadowknights were two of the most crazily overpowered things to ever enter the game. Paladin version was never equal, even after they got hit with a massive nerf bat. With level increases Harmonious Blessing losing the ability to actually even be able to stun things made it lose even more of it’s luster which was pointed out during RoS. Even with this, you’d still be hard pressed to find any Paladin in game that would have said completely chalk this spell line though. There was a plethora of constructive routes this spell could of went. Honestly though, unless I can get confirmation from a Dev or someone else has I’m going to take it that not upgrading our Harmonious was simply an oversight

With all that being said, I find TBL to be the worst expansion launch for Paladins out of all the ones I’ve been present for due to lack of effort or time on 3 game changing abilities. To be completely left out on 2 of the 3 and have the one we received be yet again lackluster after expansions of constructive feedback is beyond silly
  7. Brohg Augur

How To Win Friends And Influence People -- PALADIN STYLE
  8. Seldom Augur

Not gunning for winning friends or attempting to influence anyone besides perhaps the spell Dev. It’s early in the AM and I’m posting while camping some items with friends I camped things with back in the early 2000’s on this very game. I took an extended break from EQ many years back and continued to pay subscription whole time out of love for the game. If more than that is ever needed to weigh in on balance etc. I’ll pass. If you lump my above post with Paladin ******talking and not basic factual stuff, fair enough. Ironically I felt my deliverance was pretty light and diplomatic about things considering circumstances lol.

With all that being said, I completely get it being around holiday time and Devs having a small staff and limitations due to time crunches. I’m a big fan of TBL the expansion and nostalgia of venturing back into the planes etc. Not a fan of how feedback has been being handled, ESPECIALLY on spells, for many years now. It’s been especially brutal on Paladins this expansion launch considering the revamp of 3 game changing spells “currently” down the drain that all received unbelievable stellar feedback and suggestions for years. There’s gotta be a better way to handle it this many years in. Anywho, just a player with some feedback/complaints—- PALADIN STYLE of course. Who knows, maybe some more of the popular forum posters with far more friends than me and influence will be able to right somethings on the spell complaints though. Luckily I’m in the position to be goofing around in a game at 6am and posting about my displeasures pertaining to spell balance this time of year so it’ll ok regardless :)
  9. Moege Augur

Quick go do the other missions also:

10. took2summit11 Augur

You’ve been mostly helpful throughout these boards so I’m a little curious why you’re giving these responses. I am a somewhat new Paladin so a lot of what I have to say has probably already been talked about/beaten to death, but for me it’s all new. How else are we supposed to act when we are the only class that casts spells that got 1 spell?

Also the dicho/progressive spells, I’ve literally never once casted the Paladin version. It’s either a 6 second stun with a 1 minute recast that costs 9kish mana, or it’s a 15k point group heal that costs 9k mana with a 1 minute recast (the only time we’d ever use it for the group heal is on a named mob, which would be immune to stuns). Our level 109 stun is a 6 second stun for 1700 mana, 30 second recast, and casts an actual useful heal over time on us. And we obviously have a multitude of group heal spells which would far out beat a 15k point group heal for 9k mana. Is there something I’m not seeing? Am I a bad Paladin for having this spell for 9 levels and never once casting it, or even putting it in my spell bar for that matter?
  11. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Nope.

The only time I use it is in a raid where we need to chain stun mobs. The perfect example is the Prince raid in EoK where two paladins on each mob can non-stop stun lock the adds (there are only 2 adds at a time) and then you devote an enchanter or two to AE stun and make sure the mobs are locked down in the off chance the paladin stuns are resisted or more likely, one of the paladins falls asleep at the keyboard.

I suppose it could be useful in the group game while stun tanking mobs or if you are moloing with a DPS merc and want the stun + instant cast heal. The heal is probably the more useful part of the spell and if you don't need that often enough, it's not worth loading due to the mana costs.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  12. Brohg Augur

Stun always feel like something extra on Dissident. I viewed the spell as a replacement for Wave, being instant making it castable as a tank, so it could replace a Grief type fast self heal, too. Wave is available 3/minute, but as a practical thing it's not frequently in such high rotation. The Grief line is over twice as slow coming back up, so Dissident wins big time that way.
  13. shiftie Augur

10k mana

They tried this type of spell once before during tss when they couldn’t get aurora coded right. It was a bad idea then and it still a bad idea now... instant heal at a high mana cost, I’d rather just hit hand of piety, reflexive righteousness or gift of life.

The spell is horrible design there is no saving grace. You can find marginal uses for it like buying time to root a mob when running or needing to fade but that’s not exactly the design of a high mana cost spell that was supposed to be a game changer warranting the high mana cost
    Lubianx, took2summit11 and Wulfhere like this.
  14. Wulfhere Augur

Dicho/Diss heals are level 250 and so are not focused by gear. The stun can proc Healing Light at least.

Paladins have better choices for both healing and stunning 99% of the time. The zero cast time gives them marginal use while on the run, kiting, or tanking multiples.
  15. Time Burn Augur

I went to a new server when my tank needed 11 hot bars of buttons. Haven't looked back, don't need new expansions.
  16. Silverstone Journeyman

I had dicho on my bar at one point only, to test it. In my opinion it is not worth the spell slot. The new version will still never make it to my spell bar.

Great New expansion, but why continue to code worthless abilities?

Imo having zero spell updates for the paladin would have been better than a slap in the face.
    took2summit11 likes this.
  17. Brohg Augur

So we circle back around. This here is why there's no Ally, no Harmonious. When the consistent voice of community leaders is "it sucks we don't use it don't bother" then … why bother? Ally and Harmonious are simply let go, saving development time. Is there a hypothetically better version of paladin alliance, paladin harmonious? we may never know
  18. tyrantula Elder

I never had used dicho until this expansion. The stun is nice but there are too many hp spikes and AEs that go off for 150k+. My spell bar has 4 group heals and splash. I don't mem single heals. I've switched to 2x force spells instead of crush. Always have refute, valiant and protection up at all times. And I've traded in censure for MR debuff.
  19. Wulfhere Augur

Of the three, Harmonious is the only one worth using as designed and deserving of an upgrade in TBL. I think we got Dicho upgrade only because it's the "evolving spell" and some dev was assigned to work on them for all classes.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

This is all a sign that the content is overtuned for gear/level when a paladin goes into stun locking healer mode. I wonder how spell sets will be after today's patch?

I tend to swap Refute and Audacity (mr debuff) and prefer the latter even in RoS as it helps to land other spells.I consider Refute a group/raid spell.