So how's that account transfer coming along?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Piznut, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Piznut Angry Gnome

Been waiting for a couple of years now to move a char off of my account to another so I can two box. I saw the last update was in April and said a couple of months (but subject to change). I just wanted to see if this was still being worked on, of if it's fallen off completely again?
  2. Herf Augur

Never going to happen. It was reportedly removed because it somehow could be used for dupe exploits, and presumably it is either too much work to figure out how to fix it, or the amount of coding that would have to be redone to fix it is cost prohibitive.

To DB: please god, make me a liar :)
  3. Ranian New Member

Seriously -- the lack of any information about whether or not it's coming back is worse than if they simply stated it's not coming back at all.

I'd be willing to pay a decent chunk of change to just do the transfer of one of my alts on Coirnav -- plus pay for the two accounts a month. If I knew for certain it was never coming back I *might* considered recreating the character on a second account. But the uncertainty means I'm just going to keep waiting and paying for only my one account for the time being.
  4. Toplel New Member

It's not broken, they simply don't want to do it for liability purposes.
  5. Moege Augur

It will be done when there is time.

Read in the same tone of voice as the check is in the mail or necro dot revamp will happen soon and honey your butt does not look big in those pants.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

In the 2 years you have waited you could have surpassed your original toon with a new one I would think.

I actually wanted them to get this going so I could slimline my accounts and not pay for as many. Maybe DB is afraid people who want this service will be doing just that and losing them money?
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you read back some of the last posts from CR, the back end of the game changed how chars are stored so the old way to transfer from one account no longer works.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/account-to-account-swaps.250814/#post-3690471
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ount-to-account-transfer.249580/#post-3669793
    This is possibly the same reason they cannot do server merges at the moment.

I've got my fingers crossed that when they get round to server merges next year that this also gets fixed.
  8. Toplel New Member

As I said, it's not "broken." They can do it, but it requires doing it manually which is something they just don't want to do any more.

The same applies to server merges. Of course they can merge servers. They just merged some old TLPs recently. They simply don't want to merge live servers.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

they said they are not working on it.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They have actually said they are going to merge the low pop servers at some point once they work out some technical issues. But until it's give a date.... who knows.

Didn't know there was a duping issues with the account to account transfers.
  11. GamerGramps Journeyman

If they ever got this fixed, they could just take my money, now.

Yes, I know I could re-roll. But, my characters are more than just pixels. They are a part of me and deserve better than to just be cast aside.
    (Plus... I really don't want to go through the Epic Quests again)
  12. Semah Augur