So far FTE has been a bad experience for me.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Recondojoe, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Recondojoe Lorekeeper

It's made it virtually impossible to play the game solo now. And by the way, I don't play the game solo out of greed, but rather, because during the hours I play in, there's never any groups. It just feels really bad to spend 15 minutes clearing to a rare spawn only to have a random monk watch me, see what I'm doing, and steal the pull. This would never happen on Mischief, my charmed pet would literally just out-damage him, or I could root the mob so he couldn't take it back to his group that's half a zone away.

This isn't just a solo experience either, it's super frustrating to regularly have single players from other camps come up and take your mobs. In the past you could defend against this, so people didn't do it nearly as much. Now it just feels like you handcuffed good players and gave toxic griefers free reign to do whatever they want.

I just fail to see how this is less toxic? And this is coming from someone who played on Mischief for over 2 years, and can count on 2 fingers the times I was KS'd, and in both of those instances, my group was easily able to shut it down. Before the chances of being KS'd were always there, but odds are you could fight back and still get the mob. Now it's like if you blink for a second you just lose.

How can anyone think this is actually a better system?
    Reallydude?, Talanatos, sihpa and 8 others like this.
  2. Bailen Augur

I like it because someone can't come along and steal a kill from me by outdamaging me.
  3. brickz Augur

So this monk has a whole group to pull mobs to and you feel entitled to mobs as a single player because...? Camp on top of the spawn if you want it.
    Bailen likes this.
  4. Kahna Augur

I have been super casually soloing since the start. I haven't had anyone come up to my camp and take anything. Everyone who came up to my camps was super friendly. I'm only in my early 30's because I am challenging myself to camp all my gear at a level where I can get exp from the mobs, including all the research materials for my spells, so it has been slow going.
  5. Lynada Journeyman

This is mirroring my experience. I am having more issues now that I've ever had with other people trying to steal rares from our groups.

6. Recondojoe Lorekeeper

I can give you specific examples.

I was playing a level 49 Enchanter at 4am EST (my normal playing hours). Went to Sol B, turned LFG on. No one at all near Royals, so I start clearing entrance mobs, and then all that remains is Kobold Royals. I methodically clear out the King room (he’s not up) to be safe, and as I’m doing this I notice a Monk peak around the corner and disappear a few times.

Realizing that the Priest is up, I begin lulling the priest room, and pull the first mob out and as I’m killing it the same Monk shows up, looks at me, and then runs in and pulls the Priest and drags it back to what I presume is an Efreeti or BNB group. This is one of dozens of experiences I’ve had, and I actually know this monk’s name and have footage of it because I was streaming when it happened.

Again in the past I would have simply rooted and/or charmed the mob to send the message that this guy is wasting his time, but now it’s like eh, no, one person is all it takes to ruin your experience.

Like imagine being in an exe/sage/cav group, and having to worry about pullers from two different camps ( assassin sup and ham lord) stealing your mobs right out from under you. Before most attempts would fail if your group was even remotely competent. This is the norm now. We no longer even have the chance to defend ourselves, and this notion that if you sit on top of a mob, no one can steal it is funny. Your reaction speeds no longer even matter, you can’t even aggro a mob u til like 5 seconds after it spawns, so even if you start casting before the other person they will still get the mob because the person with the fastest reaction times is the one who gets hit with the “this encounter is locked” message while the slow person walks away with the prize.

just a terrible experience so far. I fail to see how this will stop boxes from stealing pulls, I think all it’s done is also give toxic single players the opportunity to KS an entire group.

edit the next time this happens I’m seriously tempted to just follow this person back to their camp and try to start CCing every spawn in their vicinity to be ultra annoying. Single players shouldn’t have this type of agency. This strategy would never work on any normal server because they could simply break the mez, but apparently a single player should have the ability to ruin the game for entire groups
  7. Recondojoe Lorekeeper

Yeah it pretty much wasn’t a thing before. If another groups puller came in your camp, you just rooted and or killed whatever mob they tried to steal and they got the message. Now your hands are tied, and an entire group of players basically have their gaming experience ruined by the hands of a single bad apple.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If is the is the same monk, petition for harasement. While KS isn't part of the play nice policy, harasement is.
    minimind and code-zero like this.
  9. Sashanna New Member

There is nothing to petition because the monk did nothing wrong. There are "no camps in EQ" and that has been the case for years. If the soloing individual is not capable of handling the area on his own and keep everything engaged, there is nothing wrong with someone else coming in and taking it.
    kizant likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

There are probably a lot of reasons that someone chooses to roll on Oakwynd, but the server was designed equalize mob distribution and ownership. If you don't like it, I recommend playing on a different server because your activity on Oakwynd is voting for that to become the new norm.

The anti-training mechanics further reduce the boundaries between camps, so it should be expected that no high-value mobs are safe. If you want to compete, get good at tagging very quickly. Use timers and quick-tagging abilities.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. DontBanMeBro1 New Member

I like how people keep saying soandso was in my camp and he took a mob. For 1 there are NO camps. 2 if it is you camp why are mobs up? Sounds to me is you can't hold said camp or there would not be mobs up you are trying to cherry pick names then get mad when someone beats you to it. Clear a camp and keep the spawns down then tell me how many times some random person beats you to mobs, I bet it's slim to none
  12. Lynada Journeyman

I am talking about a fully cleared camp, stop trolling.

I actually had a back and forth with a cs rep who basically told me there are no camps and even after explaining that this guy just came there to steal our named he didn't see anything wrong with that.

I then asked him if it was OK for me to do the same thing, ie: entering an area with the intention of ruining another players experience, which is basically what was happening. The gm then replied that if I were to do so with that intention that would be harassment and an actionable offense.

He then closed my ticket instead of enforcing the rules on something that just 1 moment ago he considered an actionable offense.

They didn't put in FTE for anyone but themselves, wake up and smell the roses.
    Windance, Bailen and Doze like this.
  13. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Well except that's not at all what happened, they entered the area with the intention of killing the named for the loot. It's like saying squirrels nested in my roof with the intention of costing me money, it's funny but obviously not true.
    GrandOpener likes this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Some guy stealing your mobs for his benefit and another guy stating his intent is to "ruin your experience" and then steal your mobs is not the same thing.
    Xangeon66, Rijacki and code-zero like this.
  15. code-zero Augur

In the complaints that I've seen come up I strongly suspect that ping rate and an instant ability to engage are heavily favored in FTE and I don't care what anyone says about mobs being in world briefly before being unlocked. In fact I suspect that makes it even easier for someone with those advantages to be able to engage first.

BTW I was wrong, they really did manage to make it work. Now come the unintended consequences and I really don't want this mess moved to Live
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Thankfully they have stated this is for an early era TLP only problem which makes this highly unlikely ever to come to live servers. If anything is going to come to live servers it will be the legacy character features.
    Rijacki and code-zero like this.
  17. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Care to explain how its harassment? Taking a rare mob isn't harassment. Training was but that isn't a thing anymore right? Never quit a server so fast in my life. Now I just check out forums and discord to see the tears. We all knew what FTE was going to do. We all knew it'd make it so solo characters are able to be even more toxic. Not the same flavor at all of the game me and my homies enjoyed.
  18. Lynada Journeyman

You are actually both proving my point in why the system doesn't work, because the only way for the GM to detect that I went to mess with other people is me openly admitting it. There is no way for a GM to distinguish the 2, and they will always say it's NOT harassment unless the perpetrator OPENLY ADMITS TO IT, which will never happen.

These are not made up situations, this is something that has happened 3 times in the past 2 days alone, and people are only becoming more brazen given the zero enforcement.

The PNP worked perfectly until the company stopped enforcing it. They did away with it, which led to the situation they're now trying to solve, only their solution is to take their hands even more off the wheel than they already have, which is why it's not gonna do ANY good to us in that respect.

Its all about them cutting costs. Nobody was asking for this
    Magician9001 and Doze like this.
  19. Ythera Augur

Competition for resources happens heavily in the first few expansions and then tapers off as you go along and start reaching instanced material. Whichever system they use to determine who wins the competition for those resources will have the losing party complaining. The devs could add more instanced material in (AOCs/more picks) but then that eats up server resources. It's best to just gird your expectations and realize you're going to be competing and you won't always get the prize. Either that, or play on a server in a later expansion where this doesn't happen as prevalently and stop rerolling on every new TLP.
    Rijacki likes this.
  20. Bullsnooze Augur

They aren't proving anything.

What is clear is you don't accept the fact that camps do not exist (and neither does the OP). You aren't entitled to anything in an area that you're in except what you now tag first. You can either adjust to this style of play or reroll on another TLP - there are 10 others.
    • First to Engage is an attempt to stop someone from walking up to say a Warrior killing an enemy and then reselling the loot back to them after out damaging them.
    • Not having FTE on the server means most classes are SoL against a Wizard, Mage, Necro, or Shaman.
    Aenvar, code-zero and Rijacki like this.