So can we talk about ROGUE damage before new TLPs launch please!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Karrbon_175, May 1, 2020.

1. Karrbon_175 New Member

It's absolutely awful. Can you at least bump the numbers just a tad? I mean you don't have to turn them into monk 2.0 in classic but at least make it somewhat fair grounds. Please!!!
  2. Relentless Insomnia

Class rogues damage is pretty sad. But I have seen some rogues do it justice once they get their epic at 60.
    Karrbon_175 likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So can we talk about ROGUE damage before new TLPs launch please!

Yes, we can, but should we?
  4. Karrbon_175 New Member

Yes we should.
  5. ForumBoss Augur

They're ok in kunark and have one of the easiest 1.0s, though still could use more dps early in eq, while they have almost no utility. Selos wasn't too bad since Luclin itemized daggers a lot better for rogues. Classic is rough on them.
    Karrbon_175 likes this.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Give them an epic from level 1, even that might not be enough.
  7. Kutsuu Augur

IMO a pretty easy solution would be TLP poisons (like the melee aug vendor). They could adjust dmg and proc rate as needed to get rogues in a good spot for each era. Less dependence on raid weapons and some competitive low agro DPS would go a long way to making them a good class choice. Could even add some utility poisons to help with their horrible solo game.
    Stratka and Karrbon_175 like this.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Rogues are pretty strong, just everyone else is too strong.
  9. Stratka Lorekeeper

I like this. Easy to implement and modify as needed.
    Karrbon_175 likes this.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Sure lets talk about it
    Rogue DPS is awful in Classic cause all melee weapons suck in classic
    Rogue DPS is fine in Kunark if you level with a twink weapon.
    Rogue DPS is OP after you get your epic and 55.
    Rogues are very underrated on TLPs

Rogues are boring class that can't solo well and this is the actual reason nobody plays them.
  11. Karrbon_175 New Member

I'm gonna guess you have never played a rogue in your life. Thanks for the troll. Carry on.
    Kroh and Stratka like this.
  12. Sturn Augur

Been playing rogues off and on over the last 18 years. I don't find them "boring". If you wanted to increase the utility of rogues in classic without breaking the game, here are a few suggestions.

1) Indoor tracking - They are supposed to be good scouts, especially in dungeons so how about some limited indoor tracking ability?

2) group indoor "invis" - Wouldn't it be cool if a rogue could put everyone in the group into a "sneak/hide" mode in a dungeon? This would synergize well with indoor tracking to try and hunt named mobs in out of the way dungeons but wouldn't allow you to just run to each named as they pop in a populated dungeon. You could also use this to get to camps deep in dungeons without having to fight there.

3) See invis ability - Since rogues are supposed to be good at hiding and disguising themselves, why not also give them a skill to be able to see or detect invis? This wouldn't be huge but I could see some utility for grouping in solb. Not sure where else this might be relevant.

4) How about an aug option that procs an effect which lowers your threat level? Again not a huge change but may let rogues do more dps in groups where the tank has trouble holding aggro.

5) Last suggestion, how about a rogue skill that allows you to CC one mob as long as you are hidden and have no mob aggro? In other words, it would allow you to stealthily "knock out" a mob on incoming if the puller got more than he wanted.

Anyways, these are some of the things I have thought of over the years that might add to a rogue's utility without really changing much in terms of the core class or gameplay in general.
    Karrbon_175 likes this.
  13. Cohhfarmage Journeyman

This is long over due. Do they not have the man power to make this happen? Would this be something difficult to code? Why can't they bring Rogue's up to par in classic? Its actually frowned upon if you play a Rogue in classic.
    Karrbon_175 likes this.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I've played one on Agnarr to max level. I've raided with top guilds across multiple TLPs. Rogues do very good sustained DPS in every expansion besides classic.
    Karrbon_175 likes this.
  15. Karrbon_175 New Member

Exactly. And if you read the initial post you will see it was about classic.
  16. Anduven Journeyman

They were pretty solid until they nerfed backstab a little while after Agnarr reached PoP. Was really bummed when I could no long break 1k damage backstab with BiS dagger.

The main reason I like playing a rogue is for the big backstab numbers. And they took that away. DPG is really cruel (and clueless) sometimes.
  17. Kodachi Augur

Meh, make monk number 13 instead of rogue number 1 2 or 3. Chances are you will go 3 expansions in a row getting completely hosed on dagger drops anyway with 3 month unlock cycle.