So are the rest of us getting the trials and norraths keepers now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thaargor, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

They are a requirement for many raiding guilds.
    -R
    Leerah likes this.
  2. SaderakhBertox Augur

While not huge by any means, in a longer fight with AEs n stuff, there is a measurable difference in damage taken. When I say measurable, I do not mean a whole lot, or that without them creates an unwinnable (real word?) versus winnable situation, but the difference, however slight in some cases, can be measured.

I choose to believe that the spirit of the heroic character is to move forward, not backward. No options have been taken away. They can still go back and participate in that content and help others and so on if they choose.

If anyone on Bertox wants someone to request the DoN raids for them, look me up. I'm also happy to run through the Trials as well.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

anniversary raid reward give 1 full set of a factionper. Only need to do the progression and not the factionning so use them while they are up.
  4. Thills New Member

I think that the larger point is that every argument for granting these to Heroic Characters applies just as well to autogranting them to all characters. It's no more time consuming or problematic for an Heroic Character to complete the trials and task than for any other character.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Heroic Chars do not get the chance to do these while they would get exp for doing them, non heroic chars can do the faction and the missions/raids while at a level to get exp, if the players choose not to do them and wait until they are 85+ that is the players choice.

That is the difference, and in my mind a big difference.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Sorry that is a flawed argument. Most players/characters started in the last 5-7 years had no chance to do any of those while exp'ing up either, because no one did them anymore. On rare occasions you would get the top level people who would add others just so they could solo the tasks/mission instances for the rewards but NO one has done them while at the level to get exp for them for a long time. And most definitely anyone leveling up since EQ went F2P has definitely not done that.

As far as your "if players choose not to do them till they are 85+ to do them that is the player's choice" argument, I retort with if the players choose to get a Heroic Character that is the player's choice and there is nothing in the purchase of the HC that states that you will be getting quest/task/mission rewards with the HC. I mean really, if you are giving away quest rewards why don't HC's receive their Epic 1.0 & 2.0; after all they do not get the chance to do those while they are the appropriate level either.

There is no reason whatsoever to give HC's progression AAs which no one else gets. Either give them to everyone, have a way for everyone to get them with no work, or remove them from HCs.

quote="Ratbo Peep, post: 3071590, member: 400510"]They are a requirement for many raiding guilds.
    -R[/quote]
    LOL!!!!!! Sorry, but if a raid guild uses the fact that a player doesn't have his MPG trials or 4/5 DoN progression as an excuse to not give you a chance, then they don't want you for another reason they don't actually want to say. Group players in the 85-100 range can solo or duo pretty much all of the tasks/missions/raids for these AAs; all of the raid guilds I've ever known will happily help recruits/trial members to get these (most of which can actually be done in less than a day; excluding the faction for DoN). Raiders are the only ones who woud get additional benefit from them. Groupers are not going to see all that much; so while HC's might have to do some extra work aside from leveling to get into a raid guild they are not a requirement to do anything; you can do all of the raids without having these AAs and win (it just might not be as easy).
  7. segap Augur

As a returning player, I had no idea these even existed until the HC threads mentioned them. It wasn't a choice to not do them before now, it was pure ignorance to their existence.

It's now one more thing on my list to go back and cover now. I'm guessing it will be a boring, tedious thing to do at level 96 (or higher by the time I start). I would much rather be doing challenging content than revisiting trivial things.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

For most classes epics are useless, for most player which get Spell Casting Subtlety they want it, yet it didn't they didn't grant it just cost me 118 AA to max mine out to the end of Underfoot on my heroic char.

I started the DoN progression on alts a month or so back, there were a few other players working on the progression as well, there are still players around who do progression on the way up rather than skip stuff.

As for raid guilds and MPG trials, we ask our apps who don't have them to get them done over the course of their trial, other guild members are more than willing to help out.
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

What faction do you select please?
    -R
  10. Tornicade_IV Augur

I did a heroic upgrade on my main when it was available. all mains had that option if you didnt take it and chose instead to make an alt heroic. thats on the player. it was free so i didnt have to pay anything for it. the two bags made it a worthwhile venture for me.
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

Ummm.................. NO
    Perhaps you should read the requirements posted on some of the web sites before you make wild conjecture about who's not wanted.
    -R
  12. Orbital101 Augur

Norrath Keeper or Dark Reign depending wich faction side you pick