So are melee still crap?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Norathorr, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Norathorr Augur

Absolutely nothing done to fix melee in the modern game I take it?
  2. Songsa Augur

Looks like you need to play in ragefire or LJ to have dev attention these days unfortunately.
  3. Norathorr Augur

And yet despite the attention those servers get Melee still suck there too as mages get modern era pets! Is there any aspect of this game they can't Daybork™?
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yes they are and no changes made, specifically nothing about arx raid mobs and such.

What's ironic is tho, melee are pretty awful on TLP at the moment, too. Will take a new exp or two for that to change.
  5. Slasher Augur

Don't really need a new expansion to fix the issue. Reversing the huge AC boost you seen in TDS mobs would solve half the problem. They nerfed melee without actually changing any abilities they just made the AC insanely high and ignored the fact that it did not hurt casters in doing it.
    Friday, Brogett and Sancus like this.
  6. Sancus Augur

(Well it did hurt Mages sustained a bit)

But yeah, the ridiculous AC screwed melee over and is a terrible tuning point. The lack of any acknowledgement of that issue is... discomforting.
  7. Brogett Augur

Mages no doubt took a bit of a hit relative to wiz and nec, but still mages usually parse above the top melee dps.

It also seems to depend on the boss. Captain Tita for example I may as well give up on as I'll never do well. I consider a good parse there as one where I beat all the enchanters(!), but Vitio I can put some decent burns in. It's too long a fight to really shine though. AC isn't the sole problem, but at least it is part of it and it's the easy one to fix.
  8. Kiillz Augur

Tita isnt really a parse fight, I guess depending on how said guild does it and how classes are assigned. Vitio is never a long fight by us and rogues and monks are doing just fine in lighting him up by us.
  9. Rhodz Augur

What I see as most likely is everyone at DBG forgot the thing was ever even done.
    "They did what???"
    Why do I say this? Because no one who knew their own game would miss it.
  10. Songsa Augur

What is "just fine" for you? what rank in general? what classes are top etc...
  11. Kiillz Augur

at work dont have a parse here to post, but rogues/monks and even rangers hitting in vicinity of 150k or better depending on how the fight and emotes go on him seems ok to me, tho wizards and mages are the top parse on that event.
  12. Naugrin Augur

No necros?
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Kiillz Augur

Unfortunately no.
  14. Naugrin Augur

Our wizards parse very well on it but usually a necro or 2 is on top.
    Sancus likes this.
  15. Kiillz Augur

VERY spotty necro availiability by us..
  16. Songsa Augur

So if in understand you well (im not playing in this expansion so i can be wrong there) the only fight in this expansion where melee can do something decent is Viito and they are still behind mages, wizards and necros, fighting with rangers to be in the ranking. This is not what i consider "doing just fine". Last time i played ,melees doing fine, was fighting for the top spots with casters in most fights/events depending on the durations of the fights.
  17. Kiillz Augur

no thats not what im saying at all. Vitio is a burn fight albeit a few emotes. Sometimes its hard to assess parses on a sustained event as to what said classes can do, THAT depends on the player and how hard they want to go about it, tho imo the real class act player will shine during an event where you actually have to think a bit and go long and hard as you can go with whatever you got to get the job done. Sustained events much different story and here by me the melee DO fight for the top spots and not unusual to see couple right at top.

Now that being said, if you are a melee class and cant show right up there on parse on pretty much a true burn event and parse event per say, something is wrong. Melee are fine imo. They have always been behind the mages and wizards or necros and if they arent something is wrong with those casters, pure and simple, thats just the way it is, if there is a melee that can pop 280k on a burn fight God bless them. But just because we are behind them does not mean we are crap as priorily stated in this thread. I will not speak for anyone else or guild here, but melee by me are doing just fine in fact great on all events, as im sure those in RoI RoV MS etc are doing.

I used Vitio for an example because if your a melee and lighting up Vitio to the tune of say 40-50k? then yah maybe you wanna re roll to a caster if thats what is causing the conception of melee being crap. There are quite a few names I could drop melee wise here I know cross server that I m sure are blowing things up, so im not here to preach the wonders of Triton melee alone.
  18. Esero Elder

I've personally not experienced this to be true. I don't want to post parses since they are not going to be accurate for a lot of casters, but using the best current melee class (rogue) as a measuring stick throughout a full night of Arx over the past 6 months, I've seen on average about a 35-42% difference in my average #'s (200m nightly on average over 3200-3500s) with the Wizard average (based on their own parses.. maybe slightly more for Necro but I don't often see these self-parses which can exceed 400m)

Obviously a bit will depend on event duration - the only event in Arx where my big discs will regularly have time to refresh (10 mins) is the last event.. on slower nights, if I can get multiple burns in a single event, it can be a bit closer, especially if I'm not dying at key times (occasional deaths really only occur on 4 & 5)

You may not be wrong in your overall assessment, because I think Arx is a difficult raid zone to make an objective case one way or another, but I'm not seeing the same things that you are throughout these events.
  19. Songsa Augur

Thx guys to clarify things. This sentence bothers me (a lot) though : "Melee are fine imo. They have always been behind the mages and wizards or necros and if they arent something is wrong with those casters, pure and simple."
    Melee (especially pure dps classes like rogues and berserkers that sacrifice almost everything in the rest of the game) dont have the vocation to be behind casters in dps from my vision of EQ and ive never read such a statement from any devs since i play this game including during some private discussions in CRT, but maybe things have changed recently in this game.
  20. Kiillz Augur

My statement Songsa was to clarify they are not crap. I dont believe that a caster out parsing them makes them so either, but man I d love to see, and no sarcasm or ill will meant here, a melee class that can outparse a wizard or mage (and in reference to this a QUALITY wizard mage etc, not slacker ) and such. I will admit I have seen a Beserker post insane insane parses, but its been a while and zerkers are just a rare spawn of late.