So, All of our Personal Information is available thru CS Tickets?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mesc, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesc Old Soul

This is regarding the thread that got closed for absolutely no reason. I just want to make sure i have this right.
    ALL of our Customer Information that is placed in tickets is in plain text? And Daybreak refuses to do anything about this????
    We are talking Credit Card numbers, Secret Questions, and Real Contact Information?
    This is quite ridiculous.
    How many hackers are going to be trying to get this information, Especially now that it is public knowledge.

You all at Daybreak might really REALLY want to think this over. After the last hack can Daybreak survive another? And leaving information knowingly in plain text and Refusing to anything about it could be grounds for a lawsuit. Just saying.

It surely makes me think more than twice about opening a new account if my information is not safe and secure.

Mesc
  2. Mesc Old Soul

In case no one knows the thread i am talking about that got closed was CS Tickets and Account Security.
  3. Notinterested Augur

This is not even close to the right place to post this. How do you know its in plain text?
  4. Donutsz12 Elder

I'm kinda disappointed that they locked my thread. This is a valid concern and should be for ALL members.

Anytime you have to verify your account with CS you have to provide their template of information. That information is in plain text on the ticket. I can see the complaints rolling in now.....

Player: Someone stole my toon off my account
    CS: We verified all the information which came from your account, and a request came from you to move it to another account.
    Player: I did not request this
    CS: I'm sorry to hear that but we are unable to assist you based on the information that was provided to us in the support ticket.

This is just for ingame issues... Doesn't even come close to having my last 4 of CC, Name, and Billing address.
  5. Donutsz12 Elder

6. Mesc Old Soul

Did you even read the thread CS Tickets and Account Security?

Obviously not.
  7. moogs Augur

It's not publicly available, but it could be if hackers targeted the company again.

Also (not directly related to hacking), anyone who just has your login/pass can go right here: https://help.soe.com/app/ask/p/1/

They can log in, check your service history, and all of your tickets will be right there. Be careful what you write in your tickets, and be especially careful not to share your login info!
  8. Donutsz12 Elder

Here is the template off their support site.

You have to provide that information inside the support ticket and it remains there. if your account ever gets hacked and you provided this information in the past for whatever reason, the hacker will have all this information by just looking at the previous support tickets.

moogs likes this.
  9. moogs Augur

This is terrible beyond belief. It needs to be addressed.

The least they can do is have ONE person with a phone. Service requests that require transmission of credit card details should never be done in writing, and especially not stored in plain text for years after the fact. Come on.

We must demand better protection as customers and consumers. If we don't see a change in policy and a plan for the future, this will have to go to the Better Business Bureau.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

..so basically it's better/safer for me to re-acquire things, re-do tasks or re-roll characters through gameplay rather than opening a support ticket? Have heard that somewhere! ;)
    Ravengloome and Iila like this.
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

Closing this thread. Do not open threads that have already been closed.

We are talking about this internally, and I'm aware of the concerns some of you have raised here and with me directly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.