so, after a 10 year or so break...

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Anjie, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Anjie New Member

Hello, I played for about 10 years about 10 years ago..lol. I have a lvl 85 Enchanter. Are enchanters still relevant? Also, I can not remember what does what and where to go! Are there any updated sites I should check out? I would really appreciate any info!
  2. Szilent Augur

A well played enchanter is very powerful and in high demand.

Content design at the level cap has changed so that for the most part, enchanters aren't required just to engage - that difference bothers some enchanters.
    RPoo, Scornfire, Vizier and 2 others like this.
  3. Ironkeg New Member

Welcome back! Szilent pretty much called it. Enchanters are almost always welcome additions to groups. Some zones scream out for crowd control (particularly when a new expansion has come out and people are still gearing up for the content). Charm isn't the be-all and end-all that it once was, but there are mobs that can be charmed in most zones and that can be a nice addition to your tool chest.

I know there are some missions right now where an enchanters rules against AoE damage can make a huge difference. With enough AAs, their DPS is respectable. It really helps when playing an enchanter if you're active in getting the group used to massive pulls where you can stack up mobs. Actually, it helps if you're playing an enchanter if you do the pulling. It's a good class for building groups too. You can make all sorts of class combinations work.

Hope you enjoy the revised game. It's changed. Here is a 40 minute video on heroic enchanters:

Not mine and things may have changed. But it may help you get acclimated to the way the game is played now.

And this is a six-year old thread with some advise for heroic enchanters,

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/heroic-level-85-enchanter-advice.209140/

While some things may have changed, it should help point you in the right direction. Have fun.
    RPoo and Lannin like this.
  4. Vizier Augur

Imagine how clerics must feel. They went from being absolutely required for any kind of serious group to being completely obsolete in group content by a garbage merc that never afks or misses a heal. lol gg.
  5. Cadira Augur

...../sigh

Enjoy doing your four cov hero missions and tier two zones with a cleric Merc.
    OldCa61 and code-zero like this.
  6. Vizier Augur

Looking back it was an inflammatory comment that was meant to be a joke. Sorry for that. That said, I use merc for all the content you mentioned. Raid tanks take no damage on group content and mercs heal them fine.
  7. birdsong_pawn Augur

Welcome back. You might want to make a level 1 character and run through the tutorial. It's fun and introduces a lot of the changes/improvements of the last 10 years.
    Ironkeg likes this.
  8. Cadira Augur

Let's see that video of you doing Crusaders with a Merc ;)
    Vaeeldar and OldCa61 like this.
  9. Anjie New Member

Thank You All! I appreciate the feedback. Now just need to remember what all my spells do and get hotkeys set back up! LOL!
  10. Vizier Augur

I'd like to add something productive to the thread so the biggest change I think you will find over the gap is how much better the enchanter summoned pet is. It got the full pet-revamp treatment with the Fortification AAs and it can tank just fine with enchanter support. Put points into your pet, having a tank is a huge tactical upgrade from what we used to have to make do with.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Welcome back, Enchanters rock!