So about the afk dude in Rathe with the 20+ necros...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Higgs Boson, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elemenopi Augur

People have been taking that advice over the years. Its a slow trickle spread across many issues, and does not turn into the mass exodus people predict it will due to any one issue.
    YourNameHere likes this.
  2. Racci New Member

The other negative impact these bot armies on HG hill have is they kill Hasten Bootstrutter and interfere with people doing JBoots quest. DBG should make Hasten a static NPC off to the side somewhere, like by the gypsy merchant as its been well established on these forums that people dont have hours and hours to waste waiting for these useless timesinks anymore
  3. McGuinness_001 New Member

The classic experience did NOT involve armies of botted necros perma camping plat farming locations... The bots play the game for him/her and all the money funnels back to one guy. That is NOT the classic experience AT ALL. Pls don't stupidly try to act like it was EVER.
    kjempff likes this.
  4. yerm Augur

Multiboxing is new compared to 1999, but monopolies are not. CT and Lguk had camps you could never break into because guilds would just sit on them, even though rm was accessible. On my friends' server there would be waiting lists days long. Aqua goblins on many servers were the point of contention similar to how igs are on mangler.

I truly think people are either being dishonest about their memory of classic or they straight up were not there (or high enough level) to experience it.

Meanwhile, the rmt was also just as real then. Maybe more so.
    Volts, Tymeless and BlueberryWerewolf like this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

I had a friend sell characters for upwards of $1,500. That was probably 2000 or 2001.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

This was true in Classic, but by the time Kunark launched on live originally GM wouldn't allow you to monopolize camps like this. They would simple make you take turns. Even then a guild of players rotating people in and out is way different then one guy doing it.
  7. Naturalist Lorekeeper

This is just another thread solidifying what I've said about the company not caring. And simply milking the game for the remainder of it's life. I guess the truth angers the white knights
  8. Meredyth Augur

You know that Brother Zephyl for the monk epic and an NPC for a ranger temple of sol ro quest are on the same spawn table as hasten? There is a purpose to killing Hasten Bootstrutter and it is to get these other two mobs to spawn instead
  9. Elemenopi Augur

I can name the guilds on my server, and many of the humans who controlled the characters who were monopolizing the camps. None of them were named Tron, or had the same name as the game with the word "bot" in there somewhere. :p

When actual humans have to do the work I could get a camp back then with some luck. When I didnt get the top camp maybe I got the 2nd best, 3rd best etc...camp. When its one program doing all the work, the same characters sit on the same camp for weeks. It takes a handful of these guys to lock the entire server down, and they can do it while they sleep.

Edit: And yeah, the 1999 experience was MUCH different, as the play nice rules were enforced, so once I got a group at a camp, someone playing 24 mages couldnt just come in and outDPS the group to steal the camp.

Drawing parallels to camp monopolization in 1999 vs now is like comparing the depth of a crack in the sidewalk to the depth of the Marianas Trench.
  10. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

A big fix for this would be to make the giants drop much less plat and have them drop more water or extra common trade skill stuff.
  11. Elemenopi Augur

12. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

The solution is remove the massive plat drops from the giants.
  13. Volts Elder

Then they will move to the next best desirable camp. Your giants will be worthless, nobody will camp them, and you will effectively lose 2 camps instead of 1 cause dude will be bogarting something else. IDK why people always want to "die on this hill". Seriously.

14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Stop suggesting nerf the giants. That literally does nothing good for the average player. Its not like a krono farmer just ups and leaves... everyone leaves. Then guess what? The krono farmer goes to the next best spot.

The real solution is dbg sending a message in game. You can't monopolize content. We all know they can get phone and email alerts to ping them, but nobody is foolish enough to believe these are humans clicking buttons for days at a time.

All dbg does is what they did to atabishii... send them a message. You want to monopolize content in a "reasonably" insane way that only a krono farmer would play? You're gonna have to be more sophisticated than sitting a bunch of toons on a static camp.
    Volts likes this.
  15. omgomg Lorekeeper

what did he get.. a whole week off ?

krono stopped rising during that time, its about to start going up again. that's one of the disadvantageous of his bot farm
  16. forbes77 Elder

I had lamb burger for dinner :)
  17. Paradisic_parasite Elder

I didn't.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Fake news.
  19. code-zero Augur

20. NPC_000001 New Member

i dont want to brag but i nuked down 2 hill giants on wizard before he got to them. i feel like i really stuck it to him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.