Snowbound Shadowscale Leggings

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Tappin, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Tappin Augur

Is there any logical reason the legs are usable at 110, but the summon item cannot be used until 111? My guess is that snowbound gear was never meant to be 110, but could we get this looked at possibly changed the summon item to usable at 110?
  2. Xyphen Maximum Augur

They were meant to be used at 110 as it follows the convention of previous expansions. I do recall going way back that a lot of the legs couldn't be clicked until a level or two after they were wearable (at least as far back as VoA).
  3. Tappin Augur

Thanks for the post. Indeed, it seems to be case that the poison cannot be used until the level after for some time... This is a great example of outdated useless game mechanic that doesn’t serve any meaningful purpose. I still think the level requirement should be the same as wearable level.
  4. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Yeah I agree. It has seemed silly to have to hold on to the previous legs for a few levels just to summon the poison. It may be worth checking out if the tradeskill equivalent of the summoned poison is craftable/usable ahead of that.
  5. Enigman New Member

There is precedent for it.

The RoF Rogue legs were equippable at level 92, but summoned a poison that could not be used until their recommended level of 95. The HoT Rogue armour could be worn at 80, but summoned poison that could not be used until 82. VoA Rogue armour could be worn at 85, but summoned poison that could not be used until the recommended level of 90. RoS armour could be equipped at 105, but the summoned poison could not be used until 106, and TBL armour had the same restrictions.

On the other side, CotF and TDS had Rogue armour that could not be worn until 100 and summoned poison that also could not be used until 100.