Smoke Trials

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Cliff's Glory ..

1. 1 good healer, 1 tank, 4 none afk'ed DPS'ers ..

2. 2 healers , 1 tank, 3 good to higher then average dps'ers..

I've personally found either of these to make ups works well in this event. I've ran with both multiple times. Many times I was the tank an the healer .. (War with druid or shammy)

Easy mode with 2 healers = stay locked into 1 spot, let all adds come to tank .. easy mode Tank / spank .. Difficult part comes in having 2 adds up plus named, if your DPS lacks .. this will happen and it is pretty difficult to recover from that. If a 3rd adds before the first adds even close to dead, I'd just /kickp task an restart.

Higher difficulty mode, the dodge the aura movement back / forth .. It works if you have 1 good healer (any of the 3 archtypes) In this set up however you will take the risk of losing 1 of the dps'ers to the movement of the aura / add's agro'ing an inopportune times. The easy part of this set up, With 1 more DPS in grp (as opposed to a healer) your grp should easily tear all adds apart within 30 seconds of agroing them .. and they wont stack up.

I've not tried to CC the adds in this event. As I've never seen the need to I simply just tanked them an the named. My favorite way. Get all main's .. 1 healer .. an just burn it down
    Khazad likes this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Eternal Cyclone.

Setups I've run with.
    War, Sham, Sham, necro, wiz, Beastlord. = Win.

War, zerker, cleric, wiz wiz wiz = win.

The setup's not as important as it is in Cliff's Glory.. suffice it to say you must have ranged dps. The named at the top of the ramp is Locked in place an does not summon. (which is key to a good strat)

1. up top is a spot on the ramp where you can DPS the named and adds between two rocks on the ground the caster's can see / cast from the same spot on both named up top an trash pulled to that spot between the rocks. (This is key to a fast win)

If I knew how to post screen shots on here I would post a screen shot of it. I'm pretty sure most people know this tho. Having ranged DPS is key here went in an tried to tank / spank the named with another tank doing the adds below, an it just got fugly real fast.

Keys
    1. Ranged DPS is king in this trial DPS'ing both named and spawned adds ..
    2. Named can not be DPS'ed when any adds are up at all even if dots landed they tick down doing zero damage when any adds are up.
    3. There are only 2 locations that the adds spawn at one being closer to the ramp area's one being the far side of the island from the ramps.
    4. Some times you will get 2 adds at the start which insta merge into the big ol red monster. Dependent upon your setup you may just want to /kickp task at this point. (again dependent upon your dps)
    5. The event DOES enrage and becomes vastly harder to beat at some point, but I forget howlong that time frame was from engage.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Speaker's Amphitheater.

Pretty straight forward 6 mobs (2 per wave) both mezzable.. can literally do anything you want to them pet tank them, mez them .. pretty sure VP (sham push back/root) even works on them this is the trivial part.

Knowing the right key's to port up gets you an achiv. You can do it that way or you can do it my way.

1. Make a set of Rocketeer boots.
    2. Use those boots to engage mobs after each wave. Playing follow the leader starting with the warrior.
    3. The keys do not have to be handed out instantly you can leave them on corpse for a while so they do not poof out of inventory .. (Ive seen this happen)
    4. There are two area's where caster's can stay unshrunk an get on a floating mount, an walk up what looks like little walls. Those wall's combined with levitation an mount and not being shrunk allows the caster's to cast from those spots on virtually all mini boss mobs.
    5. Healer's grp heals land on everyone if the healer's are under the platforms that the mini boss is being fought on. And again if not enough keys to port up, simply get a pair of rocketeer boots an problem solved.

Outside of the rocketeer boots being able to be used .. in case key's poof out of inventory .. its pretty straight forward .. the higher your dps .. the more trivial this mission is.
    Khazad likes this.
  4. Daedly Augur

I used my team below.

Before starting, i ran my shaman and bard up to the Boss mob. Set them both up to do dot damage. That left me with my Sk, Cleric, Zerker, and Beastlord. I start the mission, then run up just a little past the ramp a d stay there. Helps me not have to deal with the sliding. I pull the first two mobs, they usually merge on me for whatever reason. Not a big deal, i kill them. Once the boss goes active, i switch over to my shaman and dot it up, switch to the bard and turn on his melody. Then back to the Sk and wait for add to spawn, i pull it right away and kill. Then back to the shaman to reapply dots. Rinse and repeat until its dead. Easy peasy.
  5. Kolani Augur

It's well over 20 minutes, Harm Touch refreshed toward the end of the event after using it on the first mob. We only had a mage and enchanter on the named.
  6. Tucoh Augur

7. Grau Elder

Something else on this one. If your keys disappear from the inventory but you have the keys to get to the final boss platform you can click up to that platform and then jump off onto the lower platforms. For whatever reason our Warrior's key to one of the platforms disappeared and this was how we had to kill the 4th mini to spawn the final mob.
    svann likes this.
  8. Grau Elder

Looks like it's about 30 minutes.

[Thu Dec 27 17:01:49 2018] You say, 'prepared'
    [Thu Dec 27 17:32:44 2018] Disappointed Heart's Torrent growls with rage and boredom and tries to end this fight.

Then it starts casting Gathering Torrent (Decrease Hitpoints by 105959)

The time between the AEs gets shorter until you eventually wipe or kill it.

Honestly, I thought this was the most difficult of the trials.
  9. bigpapa Augur

I decided to try trial of three with my boxing crew { same comp / same screen } no is_boxer. and a win.
    shaman ( was helping merc on healing )
    mage x2
    chanter
    druid . and healer merc .

I was killing at door , or at the opposite side, since boss there avoid pets if we are in melee range.
    I had my 1st boss in center of the room , so I kept my chanter at door entrance with all the rune he could get, and I pulled with tash , then sent pet and moved chanter near other toons.

I got my druid killed when I was killing the 3rd boss but he was nearly dead so it was not an issue.
    was a satisfying win.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. Grau Elder

IMO, if you are just trying to get a task done so that you can move through the zone to get to Empyr then Wending Ways is the easiest. It takes a bit of time due to the moving but none of the named are hard at all.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Great job! Not an easy fight to box
  12. bigpapa Augur

thanks, well I am sure it is very easy for you :) , I see how good you are with is_boxer { i guess sometime even better than a real non-boxed group , since all doing their job at same time , I have seen so many times some players who are slow to react in a group . ) and I was wondering if I should give IS_Box .. a try.

without is_Box , playing a melee( tank ) is slowing me too much for my taste ( I do have a war level 110 ) , but playing 5 on same screen and comp , it is much easier and faster to just send pet and start right away the hotkeys ,without having to place the melee all the time in good melee range and all.

IS_Box seem too complicated for me hehe, if not I would be playing 6 I guess with my warrior and a cleric in the mix.
    Tucoh likes this.
  13. Kolani Augur

I've done them all now, and some thoughts.

Trial of Three is both the easiest and the hardest at the same time. Once you have the mechanics down and know how to figure out the kill order, it's simple to get the kill order right. However, the overall difficulty of the mobs is the highest and that annoying blind on engage if you're not quite in position sucks. Back at the start of the expansion when the goal was to just get someone past the trials so they can go to Empyr it was the go-to, today it probably wouldn't be.

Cliff's Glory I had only seen on a stream on launch day and a Prosperitas/Knight of Infinity group was having a ton of problems with it. I did it last night with our raid leader and a shaman/bard/beastlord/monk/shadow knight/healer merc group and it was really easy and felt nowhere near as bad as it looked on that stream. I had actually been avoiding it based on that stream, lol.

Winding Ways was a bit confusing and we just followed a monk, the nameds didn't seem to be anything special. I almost wished some of the other nameds had some abilities like the fire one, but alas.

Eternal Cyclone: nap while rangers do the work, kill a mob every minute or so to keep rangers at work.

Speaker's Amphitheater wasn't bad either, the only difficulty we had was the sk falling off once and having to find his rocketeer boots quick.