Slow vs attack debuff

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Damezza, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The Frostreave also lowers cold resistance, so that the Glistening Frost can land. So I do it in the order of Frostreave then Glistening Frost.

Otherwise the Glistening Frost gets resisted too often for my taste.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Aye same with Sun's Corona being resisted on the purely fire side as neither have lure mods. Hence the ordering 1, 2, 3 ah gave is base on lures ... tho 1, 3, 2 sometimes needed for resistant mobs with (3) lasting only 10 ticks.
  3. Barton The Mischievous

IIRC in the past someone did all the math on what percentage fully druid debuffing a mob equaled in slowed value via parsing and comparing the damage output of the same mob fully druid debuffed versus a shaman slowed mob of the same level and kind using the same tank in the same gear no buffs every time and it showed that a fully debuffed druid mob was equal to like 13% avg and the total range was like 8%- 19% slowed or so. I'll see if i can find all that old data it may have gotten lost with all the sites that closed over the years. -Edited could not find the old data there are a few archived druids grove messages that talk a little about it but could not find the link I was looking for-- -sigh-
  4. Damezza Augur

I think the post got a bit off topic, what im really trying to decide is will a druid work as support in my duo box or will not including slow hurt me, long term? how about CC?

bst/drui - all the debuffs and a good tank, root CC, no other real split

sk/sham - slow, pulls, root CC, sk can FD but sham cant,

sk/dru - really the source of the debate - includes evac and druid atk debuffs but no slow, fd pull, root cc

mage/chanter or druid - really still boils down to the significance of CC and slow in today's EQ

so thats really what im trying to figure out, which tools are critical to duo boxing tough named?
  5. Brohg Augur

any of those pairs will do more than fine versus non-tricksy named if they use their abilities

tricksy named are variably tricksy, some will be hard for some of those pairs and not others, and vice versa
  6. code-zero Augur

Something to consider, the SK can feign and a Druid can abscond/evac. That adds a lot to survivability. As for slow vs atk debuff something else is that the druid damage shields do more damage on an unslowed mob because every blow does damage back. In the modern game slows are not as important as the ability to cause damage to the mobs