Slow loading textures

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ishtass, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Ishtass Augur

Hey all, I upgraded to win10 a few months back and ever since I've noticed degraded FPS. Notably textures are really slow to load all the time. I have a high end machine that can do latest games on ultra settings without an issue, so this has been bothering me awhile. I don't necessarily contribute this to win10, but I did reinstall everything so something may be different.

Example, zone into Guild Lobby and go to throne room. Takes around 10 seconds before the gray squares to show up as trees

Any ideas on what I could try?

Machine:
    SSD
    4ghz 10-core cpu w/ HT
    64GB RAM
    Titan X Pascal gpu (nvidia)
    Latest Win10 patches
    DirectX 12

Some EQ settings:
    2560x1440 at 144Hz
    Most Memory Usage (tried Least too)

I also tried messing with the 3d options in the nvidia panel for a bit but there's a lot to play with and never improved it.
  2. Funk Augur

Used to have this happen and for EoK I had to install a whole new eq folder because I couldn't see textures in EoK. Since then I haven't had that problem you are having with everything showing up as base white models then filling in as I stand there and watch. I changed nothing with my box just did a complete new eq install. I honestly don't know what the setting was that I had changed but It's working ok now. Maybe that middle setting with the memory usage in game instead of least or most....who knows haha, good luck!

And my old box is ancient by today's standards.
    i5-2500k quad core
    16 gigs ram
    gtx750ti card
    Win 7 pro.