Slayer Walkthough

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by krozman, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Trajet D'Or Augur

If you want to complete conquest slayers in little time spent at the computer make a group, preferably 2 pet classes and 2 toons with melee mercs.

AFK 10 in Blightfire: A Sight for Sore Eyes (Goos), BARK! (Gnolls, get 1000 Hounds as well), Foreign Affair (Turtles are Taelosian), I hate Snakes (Turtles), Legendary Creatures (Griffins), Might they be Giants (Giants in Crater), Plants Concrete and Stone (Sporali), Strange Weather (Slashclaw), Table Flipper (autofire a 30sec respawn box for Serpent Seeker's Charm of Lore /targ name, /open, /hidec all), We are the Dead (Tower)

Get at least 1 toon KoS in Ak'Anon room near King has 3 mech spiders, mechanic, wanderers and if you auto-fire /sit on will also get a 4th mech spider and clockwork MMs. Domo Arigato and Don't Bug Me both get updated by clockwork spiders.

Orc Stomp (Highpass Hold), Ugly Creature Near My Feet (High Keep)

Here Be Dragons (Skyshrine), It's Alive (Skyshrine, Relic), Planes, Trains and Element-iles (Arcstone, Relic) the last two being the first zones listed you can't AFK kill easily at Level 60. Work on 250 Spirit Stags (Mystical Horses) while in or going through Arcstone.

Swordfishmermaid (Sirens Grotto, Sirens have huge aggro range and messed up pathing), Zookeeper (Wakening Lands, Holgresh, do 500 Geonids and 50 Animated Armor while here also, getting KoS to Sifaye takes a bit but if you do get at least a head start on Shorter People can get some Unicorns (Mystical Horses) here too), Invaders in a Strange Land (Natimbi).

Then build your Shroud team one or more Level 5 Shroud, Level 45 Shroud with Healer merc for Temperance and Heals and highest level toon unshrouded with melee merc.

Pesticide: Warrens, Level 5(s) in a corner near entrance(s) to Rat room, every wandering Kobold will cause all rats to assist. Puttin on the Dog: Warrens, Level 5(s) in Kerran Jail Doorway, Kobold will spawn every 6sec if no one in room.

Doesn't Play Well With Others: Level 5(s) in South Karana bandits, zone in from NK, turn left, follow shore Barbs, Humans, Half Elves). Level 5(s) get KoS with Bandits north of Wiz Spires in Greater Faydark (this takes multiple respawns, do this when you are busy with something else and can kill 7 mobs every 5min, KoS in Ak'Anon is faster and only other thing that takes more than going AFK at a spot before Gods in this post) Wood Elves and Half Elves.

Drop Shrouds, AFK in Dulak (Ogres, Trolls, Iksar, Dark Elves, Erudites, Gnomes).

Your God has Found you Lacking: Plane of Time, clear to Vallon Zek, when clones spawn at 49% kill them, clear aggro, once he regens to 52% beat him back down to 49%.

All Slayer Conquest achievements complete in about 2 months only spending about 5 hours at the computer. If you spend more than 5 hours actively killing work on Invaders in a Strange Land and Planes, Trains and Element-iles which take by far the longest to AFK. Only Gods can't be AFK killed.

Special: A Giant Problem, Bounced!, Breakdown Ahead, Eight Legs are Better than One, Gnolling is Half the Battle, Gooolem!, Herbicide, It's Plane to See, Kobolded the Killer, Living Stone I Presume, Me Thinks That You'll be Good to Eat, Monkey Business, Mostly Kunzar, Natives of Taelosia, Orc Kill!, Rats!, Short People, Simple Folk of the Ykesha, Such Anguish, The Cat's Pajamas, The Hounds, Three Letter Word for Dead, What Keeps Mankind Alive? and You Call that a Dragon? also complete in those 5 playing hours (stay in Dulak longer to finish those Specials if necessary).

Amphibicide - need to actively kill 100 Guktans in Rathe Mtns, AFK outside NE Giant Fort in PoStorms for Frogs, Guk or Sebilis for Frogloks and finish Amphibicide.

Bird Flew - you can AFK long enough in Overthere to get those, PoTorment is faster for Birds you can AFK kill.

Catnipped in the Bud - 100 Kerrans in Shadeweaver, get KoS in Kerra part of Tox and either couple of clusters that will attack a high level or go back to 5 and 45 shroud technique.

Dragonbane - Western Wastes, AFK on Nest Dragons, Vohnkare is fast respawn but not KoS and can sweep zone to speed things up.

Drawing Life from a Stone - Brells Temple or Convorteum

I'm Boared - PoTactics keep Glykus Helmir alive or just AFK in the pens.

I'm a People Person - 10 each, just kill whatever you don't have done

Natives of Alaris - New Years Natimbi mobs or you need to kill the highest level mobs for Slayer before Xulous and Ursara were added, unlikely to be able to AFK kill it effectively

Natives of Kuua - Wall of Slaughter, keeping Murkglider Queen alive or just AFK kill stuff

Natives of Luclin - Maiden's Eye, Goranga Tree

Natives of Velious - likely pick this up as you get Othmir, Bulthar and such

Shorter People killing Brownies, Fairicide, kill some more; Slayer of Mystical Horses - Arcstone Spirit Stags or get both AFK killing in Dragonscale Hills.

Skill - Sphinx PoMischief, Tentacle and Cube ThugardinB zone in near GD entrance to ThurgA, Sokokar Field of Scale, Manticores Everfrost LDoN, Hands PoMischief or Veksar, Amygdalans PoFear and Thule Fear Itself.
    Ishtass and Potawatomi like this.
  2. gnomeboss Augur

do plate cycle in kael for giants. spam the say and you can get hundreds up before video lag starts in.

for table flipper i set up bards in nek forest breaking open spider eggs. takes 4 bards to get every egg, but they spawn fast. occasionally a spider bash would interrupt my song.

if you need fish kills, nek forest is a good place to set up an afk pet class. put lev on pet class, float over the water. the fish will autoaggro you regardless of your level and they path along the water so you get good kill totals while you work/sleep, er, while you sit at your computer reading a book while you farm kills.
    Ishtass likes this.
  3. Tobynn Augur

Frontier Mountains giant fort is the AFK spot for giants. Suuuperfast respawn. I scattered my group of 3 toons plus 3 tank mercs around the fort and racked up 3000+ kills overnight.
  4. Acemoney New Member

We Are the Dead - A good spot for this is the undead Spires in North Ro, I believe. The undead respawn every 30ish seconds. I found a spot where 3 would agro me. Took me like 2 nights of afking to get all 10,000.

I know its a bit old but I didn't see it posted anywhere.
  5. Edrick Augur

Who wrote the little quotes for each Slayer achievement, and the names of the achievements themselves, by the way? Was it a collaborative effort? Some of them are clever.
  6. Azrael Elder

If you catch VZ up in tactics and use that for godslayer, a good trick to quickly identifying the real VZ on each wave is /target Vallon_Zek00

This will always target the real one - I usually just hit it with a debuff like scent of terris or tash so I can identify it on etw, then kill the others first.

I think it's 5 VZ per wave, 3 waves...and you leave the very last real VZ alive and then fade so the event resets and you can do it again. IIRC it's 14 hits of godslayer per event - took me about 2 hours to finish it - I was working, just maximized eq every 15 minutes or so to catch the reset. I would double check alla for the event details..might be 4 waves, just make sure you don't accidentally win the event.

VZ is a 3 day spawn, so just check it once a day for a few days and you should catch it up. It's not a very heavily camped mob. Also, be nice and don't complete the event if you are just using it for the ach, so someone else can do the same.
  7. Iila Augur

You can basically do the same thing with the PoTime VZ, and he's always up when you need him.
  8. Zahrym Augur

Our group finished less than a month after RoF launched and i'm pretty sure we were the first done. Best tip I can give is look for places with instant/quick repops, or events/zones that have zerg type mechanics. Golem event in OOW, Santa Claugg pooping out imps, zones with islands where you can finish 4x5k kills and many other 'mini' kill achieves (OOT) etc.

If you're doing it solo I'd suggest making a pet class to help with grey spam killing. Biggest thing is knocking as many out as you can with as little travel as possible. It's not really about spending hundreds of hours killing, but maximizing the impact your couple hours a day/week can actually get done. We were on a full raid schedule + I was in school at the time.

http://imgur.com/PYCJf
  9. Siddar Augur

My method is to basically ignore slayer achievements. But check them every month are so to see if one is getting close to being finished. If so then ill go finish it. Most are half done now by simply playing the game. My guess is in about a year it will be time to actually spend time grinding the last 20% of most of those achievements out.
    Quatr likes this.
  10. roguerunner Augur

Pretty sure Dzarn wrote the names of them.
  11. roguerunner Augur

A comparable really good spot is the undead tower in blightfire.
  12. Kacman Augur

I have been actively working on these (no afk/merc killing).

The advice I have is to begin with the skill tab and just go for the 100 of each at a time. Finish off this list so that your Banestrike works on everything before working on the longer lists.

After earning the Progression achievement, look at your next list under Special and you will see that you are well over 50% complete on all of them. Same will happen when you complete this list and look at the final list of Conquest.

Zam.com has a walkthrough for the slayer achievement here: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Slayer_System
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Acemoney New Member

Also The Steppes / Icefall Glacier is an amazing zone for slayer as well.

You can do goblins, gnolls, wolves, bears, mammoths, kobolds, and some other monster types as well.

Just run from zone to zone and camp to camp over and over again.