Skills levelling slower on Phinny?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Massimo_Bertoxx, Jan 20, 2016.

1. TarewMarrForever Augur

Thanks Tower. Given the accuracy of that, either the information I saw is out of date, or they changed it. Or my memory fails me (wouldn't be the first time ;-). But I definately remember a post @ 2008 where a rep said higher of int/wis affected TS only (including the old Research system).

There are also lots of discussion of data in monk boards from '99 to '02 era with people showing how high AGI raised certain defensive skills faster. But again, that may have changed since then.

Perhaps all skills now are raised faster due to higher INT / WIS? That would certainly simplify things, and in some way make more sense. Learning is learning after all. ;-)

I will say this, Combat skills seem to fly up on my monk compared to the Druid, and Druid is 209 WIS monk has INT/WIS in the 80's or so (AGI and STR somewhere in the 120's). But, the monk has WAY more opportunities to skill up, so you can't really compare the two...
  2. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

That would be consistent with one of the toons I levelled and skilled up on LJ. Had well over 200 wis on the druid.

The rogue, though wasn't considerably slower. It might have been, but I probably chalked that up to really feeling it because I had just done it a couple weeks earlier on the druid at the time.

Rogue was a lot faster than what I'm experiencing with the monk on phinny, though.
  3. Drexll Augur

Inc: "A message from the team regarding Phinny skillups....."

"... it is unfortunate that this information was not released...."
  4. Iyvy Augur

I can tell you that high level bind wound was painfully slow on RF/LJ. It took me days to get the last 5 points and I bind wound constantly.
  5. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I do too and have made it to 227/275 I think it is. It's been slower than Mend or FD, which kind of surprises me.
  6. Iyvy Augur

I'm also an Enchanter so I think it goes faster for me. Regardless Bind wound does seem considerably slower, but I don't think it's that big a deal.
  7. TowerDefense Augur

Yea, I mean I'm not going to begin to claim I know how these things work. But at least swimming seems to be affected solely by int or wis