SK writeup for 120?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Vumad, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

I PL'ed my SK to like 100 and she's just been side DPS since. She's ready to start tanking, but I have no experience. Really I haven't even played melee except a ranger some and I mostly use his bow. I have an idea of SK spells from playing a NEC to 90. I understand how Aggro, taunt and pull radius work. I also have SKs who can mentor me.

What I am looking for is spell loadouts and disc rotations so I can start getting my stuff setup before I bother my SK friends with things that are super basic. Obviously I have spent some time looking at the spells and abilities and mash what I think makes sense but there's no reason to reinvent the wheel. I'm sure someone has a good guide (like the Sancus aDPS guide and the ENC burn orders) but for SK.

Also, is anyone using any spells, discs, or otherwise that is below level 111. I got everything 111+ but didn't go back filling gaps before that.

Thanks.

PS. She still needs a lot of work on augs, but she is T1 ToL or better in all slots for gear. I have her epic on my to-do list for when I have time.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You're in much better shape gear-wise than my "main" (LOL!) 120 SK. I three-box SK/DRU/MAG, all 120, but I'm a scrub (https://www.raidloot.com/profile/6198).

I can offer a few tips for tanking. Always (ALWAYS!) have Repudiate on cooldown, and make sure the Enduring Reproval focus AA is maxed (only 3 ranks, 45 AA total). That will absorb a fair amount of incoming damage. Also, make sure you have Bond of Bynn up on at least one mob you're fighting at all times, and max the focus for that (obviously, more ranks and total AA for this one).

Other things I do for my SK: Keep on cooldown Grisly Blade, Vicious Bite of Chaos, Cruor's Bite, and the two high level "touch" spells (Namdrows and Txiki). Namdrows has a buff recourse which adds about 5K HPs for quite a while, so keep that up. Also Insidious Renunciation, which is a PBAoE lifetap and agro spell.

For aggro, I always open with Parlay for Power, and then cast Terror before the mob even gets to me. I cast the AA snare spell after that. That's almost always enough, along with everything listed above on cooldown, to keep ahead of melee mercs set on burn.

For buffs, don't forget Adamant Stance for an extra 40K HPs, and the 7 or 8 buffs covered by the Dark Lord's Unity AA. Azia and Beza cast the same buffs with one exception. Azia has a HP tap buff, and Beza has a mana tap buff. Then, Voice of Thule AA for more aggro generation, and Xenacious' Skin and Impertinent Influence (level 115 spell).

There are a couple posts I've found useful, I'll put links here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...0-shadow-knight-lf-guide.251066/#post-3694329
    http://eqshadowknight.net/showthread.php?t=9052

Hope that helps!
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Thanks. I bought those 3 ranks of Enduring Reproval just now.

I'll use Azia for the buffs, but I'm short a few AA to get that. I use a buff loadout set on my toons. Which buffs do I need to load spells for that are not included in Azia so I can add them to the buff loadout.

I have used raidloot to look up gear but not for profiles. Is raidloot a better tool for character profiles than Magelo? How do you sync Raidloot.
  4. Cadira Augur

If you're using the touch spells that give you extra hp and agro, no need to use voice of Thule buff since they don't stack and are equal.

Making a multinind that spams taps is great for keeping you alive. Max that hasten lt AA out quick.

Discs in order of weakest to strongest are:

Carapace/impertinence
    Guardian
    Mantle

Absolute strength depends on what duration you need them for and/or if the damage caps are going to be an issue or not (not usually in group situation unless you mass swarming - in this case guardian might be a better choice if you are afraid to tank them all without a disc)

Reavers bargain is pretty nifty and in current content, probably the strongest but it's damage cap gets met fairly quickly against hard hitters or multiples so use with caution.

Ps. Remember to get your anguish bp as well when you go to get your epic 2.0 orb. It's amazing.
    Tatanka and Vumad like this.
  5. p2aa Augur

6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Magelo: Haven't used it in ages, so no opinion offered. Last I knew, you had to sub and use a sync program to have it be automatic. Raidloot is free, and you just point it at your /outputfile inventory text file, and it fills it all in.

For buff loadouts, look at the tooltip for the Unity AAs. It tells you which 7 buffs get used. Those are the 7 (well, 8, since the one spell is different between Azia/Beza) I use in my buff loadout, along with the pet and pet haste spells. I don't even remember what I have in the last three slots of my buff loadout, since I never use them anymore :)

The other buffs I mentioned are either AAs (so no need for a loadout), or they're relatively short-term, and I have them on my main loadout. Stance, Xenacious' Skin and Impertinent Influence are the three I have on my main spellset.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

What is the output command for that info? I have megalo premium atm and she's synced. I mostly use magelo to figure out Augs.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

/outputfile inventory

there's also
    /outputfile realestate
    /outputfile guildbank
    /outputfile guildhall (I THINK it's guildhall, shows everything in the GH)

and there's one for missing spells, don't remember if it's just "spells" or what.

EDIT2: /outputfile missingspells

You should be able to type "/help outputfile" in-game to get all the options

EDIT: I just realized you asked about spells below 111. One of the 7/8 spells used by SK Unity AA is lower level, I think it's remorseless demeanor, and I'm pretty sure it's pre-spell ranks (level 69, maybe?). You should be able to just buy it in the PoK library.
    Quatr and Vumad like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

10. Spacemonkey555 Augur

It's 75 and has 3 ranks. Seems like this one is fully obsolete. It provides a 1 to 60% (rk1) or 100% (rk3) focus to your next tap on killshot. Now the group focus is 90%-105% and the raid focus is 110%-145%. Whether it's supposed to stack or not, when it procs the 1 shot charge just lingers until it expires, doesn't seem to do anything.

1: Increase Spell Damage (Before DoT Crit) by 1% to 60% (or 1%-100% rk3, 1 spell after killshot)
    vs
    1: Increase Spell Damage (Before DoT Crit) by 90% to 105% (group helm focus, always on)
    or
    1: Increase Spell Damage (Before DoT Crit) by 110% to 145% (group raid focus, always on)
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Guess I only have rank 1 of Remorseless Demeanor, then :)

If that was TBS, I didn't make much progress at all back then towards getting the higher ranked spells.
  12. Szilent Augur

Buff focus stacks with worn focus. If Remorselessness is not being used up, it's because some other buff is focusing the spell.