SK vs Warrior...why?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Xenze, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Brohg Augur

The difference between a hate override and a SPA 92 hate increase is pretty marginal in this case. The override version makes an ability fully work for pulling -- but warrior abilities are relatively short range, so ~100% of the time I'm doing the actual pull with either an arrow or the Staff of Viral Flux, and then applying the +hate ability. Also Refute can be resisted as a spell, preventing its agro. But the magic-50 resist is rare to bounce.

The overall picture is being presented in a weirdly slanted fashion, imo. Two tanks of any combination of classes pouring out agro abilities to see who the mob targets just isn't a thing that happens. If it does, the result is irrelevant; the only failure to observe is that of all y'all's kindergarten teachers to make you understand cooperative goal-seeking. All tanks need sufficient agro to actually play is all - "play" is keeping a mob's attention off squishier archetypes.

Also? The only (the only) relevant class ability when two tanks compete for a mob's attention is War Hastened Taunt AAs.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Not sure you're on topic with "hate override", which we're not talking about. Hate Mod (relative) and Hate Override (absolute) are two different values that take effect differently. My point to p8aa is that the "instant hate" effect he's claiming for Roar is probably not coming from SPA 192.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Things feel more balanced now based on that metric. We no longer have 26 sk's in open raids and the tank classes are actually pretty even.
  4. Kylo Elder

Just letting everyone know. Bigstomp is being sarcastic.
  5. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Our servers open raids can run zero SKs at times. We always have between 4 and 12 (for real, t.w.e.l.v.e.) rangers.
  6. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

The thing is this is were SOE left and DBG came in, was back in the raid tanking days Warriors were the ONLY ones that could tank raid bosses because raid bosses could one round anyone that didn't have a disc up, including warriors, for instance the level 80's we got at 75 a nice damage migation disc, max hps on a war was approximately 24kish, those raid bosses without disc would hit 20-25k up to 3-4 times in any given round, where as with disc it was reduced to (i don't remember exactly been a lot of years) i believe 3-4k damage. Once that disc dropped you were dead so warriors had to do tank swap rotations, now with dbg they are trying to make ONE tank tank the boss all the time, and even knights can tank raid targets which takes away a lot from warriors primary role in raids. I am not really sure when this transitioned from secound your disc dropped you were one rounded and anyone else was rounded to even my wizard can rune tank the boss for xxx time. That on DBG I took a long break from this game for many years so it took awhile to come back, and Not sure I am too keen on the 'one tank to rule it all' theory that DBG pushing out but maybe it cause the game population is significantly lower then it use to be (Remember I am talking about actual people not boxes logged in that is entirely different number.) Maybe they did this so all tanks could raid tank in case of lack of numbers I honestly don't know the reasoning behind it, and why DBG dummied down raid bosses so much, they use to be feared and respected cause you know when you have 24k hps top raid tank on your server and this one boss can do potentially 80k damage to you, you had to do alot of fun alternative strategies to beat it :p. But raid targets also use to tank good (with a really good raid guild) 40-60 minutes each boss. Now their raids where you HAVE to beat it in 20-30 minutes or less of your next death is free.